Where To Buy Carpet In Chiangmai?

BlissfullyIgnorant

Not seen a carpet supplier/fitter in Chiang Mai. Nor have I been in a private home with fitted carpets here.

However, I am siure I would never fit carpets at home. There are enough difficulties controlling the creepy crawlies anyway, without giving them such a perfect hiding place.

Not seen a carpet supplier/fitter in Chiang Mai. Nor have I been in a private home with fitted carpets here.

They must be around, as a lot of condominiums have fitted carpet in their bedrooms, complimented by polished timber floors in the main areas. This can be attested to by the amount of vacuum cleaner salespersons that go door to door.

Just about all major hotels are also carpeted throughout, so local carpet suppliers/fitters must be around somewhere, it's just a case of nailing them down :o .

i went to a shop recently selling carpets. very good quality and not too expensive. if you are coming down from hangdong towards airport plaza, there is a new shop there. just opposite the Jet station.

Thanks Tiger, will check it out.

Just as an update to this, we have found two other carpet stores in CM:

1. Carpets International on Aom Muang Rd, about 2KM's from Airport Plaza. They sell fairly nasty quality acrylic (polyester) carpets for around 750 Baht/sq.m including 8mm underlay and laying. The pile looks to be only 6mm, and the weight very light - I'm guessing around 30oz. Looks very cheap and not at all durable.

They do sell better quality nylon (and wool) carpets with higher piles an good weights, but both have a minimum order quantity of 700 sq.m (!!!), so forget about it unless you're building a hotel or condo complex. That said, they did have one (and only one) nylon carpet design that they could sell off the roll - but it's a horrific checkerboard pattern (4"x5" rectangles) made from alternating loop and cut pile, and the colours were just way too strong (deep reds, dark brown, dark gray etc). In any case, obviously not what we're looking for.

Their website's here: http://www.carpetinterthai.com/ if you're interested, but be warned that the CM branch has nowhere near the range shown there.

2. A curtain store (don't know the name) behind Wararot market - just past the hospital as you drive toward the Tapae Rd / Changklan intersection. They can only supply bottom-end acrylic (no nylon or wool at all), so the conversation ended there. Still, if you're in the market for cheap carpet they'd be worth talking to.

Will check out the shop Tiger mentioned and report back, thanks.

I have seen a shop on the parade next door to Klaymore Hospital,a little further on from 7-11 a litle bit a long fron the large SCB Bank as you are going out of CM on the Hang Dong Road

Please let us know where you eventually end up buying them.

TP