Dutch man arrested for smoking marijuana

george

Being many US states are going the legal route,I imagine in A few years Thailand will possibly do the same.If nothing else medical

Marijuana.It has now been proven some of the chemicals in the product now control seisures in epilepsy patients.

Thailand? Not in this lifetime. Nor any other ASEAN country. That would put cops out of an incredable amount of extortion money. Though it looks like they're making an example of Mr Tattoo Face by putting him through the system.

• Like 1

Pathetic - armed officers all because of a guy with a bong and lots of tattoos a a collection of knoves.

No matter what the cops do, they can never win. Say you were going in? You don't know what the guy is capable of, you don't know if he is armed. Tell me what would you do, and be realistic? Most police are armed. Would you suggest they take off their guns before entering?

He does not match the quality tourist on a count of his tatoos.

6 tatoos are allowed but 100 not. The guy is smoking a joint in his house.

none of your business mr. Colonel. Leave the man alone !!!!

Haven't you got anything else to do?

Per the article:

Pol. Col. Panlop Suriya Na Ayuddhaya said that the officers have been observing Mr. Vincenzo Antonio for a certain period of time due to his suspicious behavior.

He sells marijuana to foreigners at nightclubs, bars in Nong Khai province. In his passport which is issued at Amsterdam on May 2014, shows that he has Education Visa stating that he registered for course at Pattaya Language and Computer School.

Worst case, he's here illegally via an Ed visa.

"In his passport which is issued at Amsterdam on May 2014, shows that he has Education Visa stating that he registered for course at Pattaya Language and Computer School."

Thats why no more ed visa now, we dont need this kind of people here, send back the trash where it came from.

• Like 2

Thailand is not Amsterdam. Smoke weed in Thailand and prepare for the outcome. That is the law here. Right or wrong. He was stupid and should now be punished for it.

I made the decision to quit weed when I decided to move to Asia. Not worth the risk to me. As an expat you have to make these kinds of choices or face what this guy will go through now. But in the end, it was his choice to make. No regrets, no excuses.

I made the same choices,too much to lose.Straight is the new high.

• Like 1

First of all, he actually cleared customs and immigration exiting his own country and entering Thailand. He's one scary looking dude. His other mistake is not making his home in a part of Thailand that turns a blind eye to smoking weed. Maybe he should reside on Koh Phangan. Seems all drugs are legal there.

Noob here with no real say, but nonetheless- the members of this forum (some of them anyway) are in such support of a bland and conforming appearance that they are willing to crucify a guy because he chooses to look different? If you don't look like me then you deserve what you get?

Harsh.

• Like 1

First thing i would of expected to see from someone dealing is 1. Deals made up 2. Some scales 3. A witness that saw him making deals( realistically they would've put an undercover detective in that position) On top of all that Thai police do what most police do around the world which is..Build up a case for court to achive highest prosecution, Thailands no different, only the penalties are much harsher..Why is it hard to believe he would get 700euroes from the dutch government who are known for looking after its citizens in regards to social security?? The guy is disabled DOH!! And liars ?? Who? Do i even need to ask LOL..

I actually met this guy a couple years back. He was a pretty laid back and friendly guy. Wasn't exactly what you would expect from a guy covered in face tats.

Just shows "You can't tell a book by it's cover".

Who knows how an accident like that can affect your outlook on life.

Each of us cope in different ways.

Looks like he was coping in his own way for 20 years ..

Notice the cops also included his kitchen knives to "add weight" to their case. LOL

Poor bastard.

But for the grace of God, there go I.

• Like 2

He does not match the quality tourist on a count of his tatoos.

6 tatoos are allowed but 100 not. The guy is smoking a joint in his house.

none of your business mr. Colonel. Leave the man alone !!!!

Haven't you got anything else to do?

Drugs are not tolerated in Thailand and should never be. If you don't like the drug laws here, then go back to where you came from. The Thais don't want drug advocates here.

• Like 1

Obviously not the sharpest knife in the draw. Really though it's like the steroids, the knives the sex toys, the replica pistols and air guns, the knock off EVERYTHINGS and lets be fair dinkum here prostitution to be honest. If it is illegal to own or possess any of these items why are they so readily available? and what of those selling them? Surely have to be prosecuted as well no??? coffee1.gif

Being many US states are going the legal route,I imagine in A few years Thailand will possibly do the same.If nothing else medical

Marijuana.It has now been proven some of the chemicals in the product now control seisures in epilepsy patients.

And if you don't have epilepsy? It's proven to have dire effects in otherwise healthy people...selective case patients. But hey, if that's your thing...