BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Dutch man arrested for smoking marijuana

Has smoking weed now become such a manhunt?

I know from early reports of travellers to Thailand, from century 16 to 19, that it was the general sedative for people, even part of Thai cuisine. Wheres alcohol was considered Satan, and I find rightly so ...

Then things changed, with industrialisation, when the big brewers and distillers did not want anything home made anymore, and criminalised it, also with the pressure of the US, that want a monopoly of the rich to sell destructive dugs as alcohol.

Now, history of Thailand got forgotten. A friend took a bus from Pattaya to Bangkok, was screened by police at Ekkamai station, was found with three joints, and the guys gave him to options: jail with deportation or getting them 100'000 THB for three joints He opted for the second thing, was accompanied by a police adjoint to the near bank, then to the nearby shit house of a petrol station where he counted the bills into the hand of the police, and after that was led back to Ekkamai station to be given back his passport, with the warning of the officer to shut up about it or bad things would happen to him.

TIT.

Thailand Is Torture. TIT

I've been here for 12 years and I did see amazing foreigners doing all to change Thai peoples' opinion regarding foreigners. And that's something I care about.

I have been here thirty years and I did see amazing Thais doing all to change foreigners' opinion regarding Thai people ... And that's something that saddens me.

More crackdown on foreigners, time to find some new country to live, Thailand don't want expats anymore.

Not dope heads................

Yep. That's us all right. Ya gotta fight for your right to partaay!

Anyone stupid eno,ugh to posses and smoke pot in Thailand

needs to be locked up

for their own protection!

Of all the places in the world to pull this crap?

​Stupid, stupid, stupid....

P.S. I smoked for 40+ years in my past life....but never stupid enough to do it in Thailand!

I would love a good joint, but it is just not worth it here!

Christ man! You're clucking! Chill out. Loads of people smoke draw here. At least you are not in denial about what you want.

• Like 2

On the bright side, I don't think purdy boy has much to worry about in the way of prison rape.

But maybe you do.

• Like 1

He gets 700 euro from the Government because of what? I'm not aware on any such benefit in the Netherlands, only thing I can think of is to just keep him out of the country lol. Then, Vincenzo Antonio is no dutch name, I bet it's made up name, that's two italian first names and sounds really strange, believe me, as if your full name was Paul Mark or David John or James Billy ;)

How do you get 700 euros a month from a government?

I know a young German ( in his 30 s ) ,from what was the DDR ,here in Chiang Mai and getting enough to live on quite well ( dont know how much exactly ) , from the German state .I asked him why ?and he said that he was on a disability benefit because of a problem with his eyes .(which was not apparent to me ) .

How do you get 700 euros a month from a government?

I met a Belgian guy (38 years old) who gets a 850 euros/month government pension for chronic alcoholism.

Nowadays he is overstaying in Thailand because -dixit- visaruns are out of his budget.

No kidding...

First, a little about me...

I'm an ultra right-wing conservative, white and rapidly aging. Generally speaking, I am upset by all other nationalities, cultures and any point of view differing from my own, and I spend the majority of my time angry at other people. My philosophy is that I should - for no reason at all - go around the world imposing my views onto others, and getting incredibly upset if any level of infraction, no matter how draconian or nonsensical.

So, after weighing al my options...I've decided to relocate half-way around the world to SE Asia, because no person there will be doing anything which upsets me at all.

In the very unlikely event that I may, one day, encounter a person who is different from myself, my plan is shout 'rules are rules', judge them as horribly as possible, and then delight in the idea that they are punished in inhumane ways for me to laugh at. As my father used to say when he'd beat us, 'You deserve it!'

attachicon.gifSarcasm.jpg

Ah, you found the Sarcasm Font - good job!

(Well, I hope so anyway)

Yes definitely raising sarcasm to an art form there - unfortunately it will probably go over the heads of the section of TV members he has so aptly pilloried....

• Like 2

I know of Vincent having spoken with on a few occasions. Seems nice enough most of the time. Have seen him running down Meechai in the early morning hours screaming his head off and waving his arms in the air. Can say for the most part he is harmless though. My concern is when he is buying and selling within my neighborhood. I do not do drugs but have no issue with people who do. But I do not wish them brought into my community.

Do wish him well and a speedy release in hopes he learns a lesson from this and sticks to just using not selling.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Lock him for 5 to 10 then deport him. He is one of many who give foreigners a bad reputation.

Are you related to Dick?

Nope, [email protected](us)

Has smoking weed now become such a manhunt?

I know from early reports of travellers to Thailand, from century 16 to 19, that it was the general sedative for people, even part of Thai cuisine. Wheres alcohol was considered Satan, and I find rightly so ...

Then things changed, with industrialisation, when the big brewers and distillers did not want anything home made anymore, and criminalised it, also with the pressure of the US, that want a monopoly of the rich to sell destructive dugs as alcohol.

Now, history of Thailand got forgotten. A friend took a bus from Pattaya to Bangkok, was screened by police at Ekkamai station, was found with three joints, and the guys gave him to options: jail with deportation or getting them 100'000 THB for three joints He opted for the second thing, was accompanied by a police adjoint to the near bank, then to the nearby shit house of a petrol station where he counted the bills into the hand of the police, and after that was led back to Ekkamai station to be given back his passport, with the warning of the officer to shut up about it or bad things would happen to him.

TIT.

While I emphatically disapprove of police turning drug enforcement into an extortion scheme, as far as your "friend" is concerned, 'entirely a self-inflicted wound. Heaps of criticism for the police, but no sympathy for this guy.