Dutch man arrested for smoking marijuana

george

You can do many things in Thailand, just DO NOT mess around with any kind of illegal substances as simple as that.

I, and possibly millions of others over the last five decades, have been coming here for drug related fun. If, because of police actions, and I do say if, our hedonistic lifestyle is impeded we shall not come here. For us in our 60s it was a hard won civil right. The Right to Oblivion.

One thing is to be put yourself at risk by playing around with illegal substances, another is to do it in a country that got some of the harder policies on drugs.

Well i guess if you had less "fun" in the 60s you would have spelled MANIAC correct, hehehe :-P

First, a little about me...

I'm an ultra right-wing conservative, white and rapidly aging. Generally speaking, I am upset by all other nationalities, cultures and any point of view differing from my own, and I spend the majority of my time angry at other people. My philosophy is that I should - for no reason at all - go around the world imposing my views onto others, and getting incredibly upset if any level of infraction, no matter how draconian or nonsensical.

So, after weighing al my options...I've decided to relocate half-way around the world to SE Asia, because no person there will be doing anything which upsets me at all.

In the very unlikely event that I may, one day, encounter a person who is different from myself, my plan is shout 'rules are rules', judge them as horribly as possible, and then delight in the idea that they are punished in inhumane ways for me to laugh at. As my father used to say when he'd beat us, 'You deserve it!'

• Like 2

ED Visa will be picked on by authorities because of this guy and others. Imagine is everything in Thailand it's a superficial place with superficial authorities and superficial people so looking like Mr Wotssaname there is a no brain er regardless of his personality the image is all he will be noted for by the pigs. Pathetic bust photo's as usual.

He does not work, has lived in Thailand for 20yrs, relies on the Dutch government sending him 700 euro each month, just wondering what is the name of this government benefits?

WAO = Wet op de ArbeidsOngeschiktheidsverzekering

He does not work, has lived in Thailand for 20yrs, relies on the Dutch government sending him 700 euro each month, just wondering what is the name of this government benefits?

WAO = Wet op de ArbeidsOngeschiktheidsverzekering

This forum only allows English language messages.

Did you mean Law on Disability Insurance

(Curtsey of Google Translate)

First, a little about me...

I'm an ultra right-wing conservative, white and rapidly aging. Generally speaking, I am upset by all other nationalities, cultures and any point of view differing from my own, and I spend the majority of my time angry at other people. My philosophy is that I should - for no reason at all - go around the world imposing my views onto others, and getting incredibly upset if any level of infraction, no matter how draconian or nonsensical.

So, after weighing al my options...I've decided to relocate half-way around the world to SE Asia, because no person there will be doing anything which upsets me at all.

In the very unlikely event that I may, one day, encounter a person who is different from myself, my plan is shout 'rules are rules', judge them as horribly as possible, and then delight in the idea that they are punished in inhumane ways for me to laugh at. As my father used to say when he'd beat us, 'You deserve it!'

post-155756-0-11425300-1418719829_thumb.

Ah, you found the Sarcasm Font - good job!

(Well, I hope so anyway)

Edited by laislica
  • Like 2

The headline in the OP is maybe misleading.

"Smoking marijuana" is not necessarily the same as "possession of marijuana"

What if you happen to find a suspicious-looking or smelling roller in an ashtray, and you are not so sure if you should report it to the police, eg because the police happens not to be around (yet)?

Do you have a habit of sniffing things you find in ashtrays?

Yes.

You hear so much about dangerous stuff in ashtrays today, so I thought it would be ny legal duty to investigate. I'm a clean cut kid, and of course I take some of the risks of life away from my police :D

What about the last line of the article "taken into custody for further execution" wink.png

its a misprint... should read persecution!

As said before:

They changed the text, what I wrote was what was in the article originally !
  • Like 1

What about the last line of the article "taken into custody for further execution" wink.png

its a misprint... should read persecution!

As said before:

They changed the text, what I wrote was what was in the article originally !

LOL

No need to explain, TiT

LOL

At least when we edit our posts here, it tells the world that the post was EDITED!!!!!!

Now that you have quoted my post, I would like to edit this one to something else so that diehard60 may understand what can happen.

1zgarz5.gif

Case closed offtopic2.gif

Edited by laislica
  • Like 1

<snip>

LOL

No need to explain, TiT

LOL

At least when we edit our posts here, it tells the world that the post was EDITED!!!!!!

I know I don't need to but read this post: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/784341-dutch-man-arrested-for-smoking-marijuana/page-4#entry8809178 and then you understand why I tried to explain biggrin.png

wai.gif

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

<snip>

LOL

No need to explain, TiT

LOL

I know I don't need to but read this post: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/784341-dutch-man-arrested-for-smoking-marijuana/page-4#entry8809178 and then you understand why I tried to explain biggrin.png

wai.gif

Still no need to respond IMO cos he will always "quot" wrongly LOL

"If you ae going to quot qout it correctly or dont quot."

and he was the only one making his, Er..... quot, comment LOL

• Like 1

Once again someone getting busted for the ludicrous crime of smoking a plant. You can go out and drink tequila or vodka and grope bar girls all night, but sit around your own flat and smoke a few bong hits and watch a movie? Oh, the humanity!

Some Thais who owned a Tat shop adjacent to our apartment complex use to smoke regularly for years. They'd open the roof ceiling and everyone in the apartment would know when the 'fired up'. Police never visited them. Tatted up farang v.s. Tatted up Thai: who ya gonna bust? Busting a farang pot smoker zzzzzzzzz coffee1.gif

strewth would not want to bump into him down a dark alley.

He is generally peaceful and friendly. His life changed when he blew his left hand off while playing with fireworks as a youngster. Around Nong Khai he is simply part of the scene and is liked by a lot of people. This is a weird event, since he has always been extremely high profile - sign of the times ?

• Like 1

strewth would not want to bump into him down a dark alley.

He is generally peaceful and friendly. His life changed when he blew his left hand off while playing with fireworks as a youngster. Around Nong Khai he is simply part of the scene and is liked by a lot of people. This is a weird event, since he has always been extremely high profile - sign of the times ?

Yes a sign of authoritarian times.

You can do many things in Thailand, just DO NOT mess around with any kind of illegal substances as simple as that.

No, you're wrong. He should have started as an English teacher for an agency.

Those schools using agencies are barely to shock. I mean those who'd hundreds of "teachers" within one year.They're really used to ...aeehh a lot.

And the girls might start to like his teeth and have a lot of fun.

This guy wearing a red nose and clown shoes would make him to an outstanding teechaaa.

But honestly speaking, when you wanna sell some puff, you should look a little bit different. Maybe similar to his three brothers, I found on his facebook page.

P.S. The guy with his ear and nose rings ( stolen from my father in law's buffaloes) must be a real Puss magnet.....laugh.png

post-158336-0-16908500-1418726012_thumb.

post-158336-0-06233900-1418726037_thumb.

post-158336-0-26364400-1418726104_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

No, you're wrong. He should have started as an English teacher for an agency.

Those schools using agencies are barely to shock. I mean those who'd hundreds of "teachers" within one year.They're really used to ...aeehh a lot.

And the girls might start to like his teeth and have a lot of fun.

This guy wearing a red nose and clown shoes would make him to an outstanding teechaaa.

But honestly speaking, when you wanna sell some puff, you should look a little bit different. Maybe similar to his three brothers, I found on his facebook page.

P.S. The guy with his ear and nose rings ( stolen from my father in law's buffaloes) must be a real Puss magnet.....laugh.png

I honestly don't care how the guy looks like, it's his problem and not for me to judge him from his appearance, i judge people from their actions. However, your action by posting that comment says more about you than anyone in any of those photos.

• Like 1

I am not a drug advocate nor have I used any drugs in my life.

the point is that according to some posters he is OK. i am chocked by some of you intolerante people holyer than the pope, Judging the man by his looks. Like I said 6 tatoos OK but a 100 is not OK. The remark of some ignorant poster for me to leave the country when I don't like the drug laws proves ignorance and intolerance. In case you are Thai, you may want to look at some of your buddy generals.

I've known Vince for about 17 years and he is a nice guy to speak to. He never causes any trouble nor have I ever seen him the worse of drugs or booze. I'm sure many in Nong Khai will agree with me on that. Im sure there are a lot of bigger fish than Vince who should be nabbed.

Good luck Vince and hope to see you in Nong Khai soon.

Wee Jimmy.

• Like 2

I've known Vince for about 17 years and he is a nice guy to speak to. He never causes any trouble nor have I ever seen him the worse of drugs or booze. I'm sure many in Nong Khai will agree with me on that. Im sure there are a lot of bigger fish than Vince who should be nabbed.

Good luck Vince and hope to see you in Nong Khai soon.

Wee Jimmy.

There is without a doubt bigger fish to be caught, but if he has in fact been dealing, he should be caught too!

The headline in the OP is maybe misleading.

"Smoking marijuana" is not necessarily the same as "possession of marijuana"

What if you happen to find a suspicious-looking or smelling roller in an ashtray, and you are not so sure if you should report it to the police, eg because the police happens not to be around (yet)?

Do you have a habit of sniffing things you find in ashtrays?

Yes.

You hear so much about dangerous stuff in ashtrays today, so I thought it would be ny legal duty to investigate. I'm a clean cut kid, and of course I take some of the risks of life away from my police biggrin.png

The sacrifices some people are willing to make are nothing short of incredible, you make me feel ashamed to the point that I might just go out for a sniff in the bins out the back of my apartment.