Young Phuket thugs arrested for robbery, assault

webfact

Young Phuket thugs arrested for robbery, assault
Eakkapop Thongtub

1418639980_1-org.jpg
Kanokpon and Thanit at this morning's press conference.

PHUKET: -- Three teenagers already known to the police were arrested after robbing a 14-year-old boy and stealing his motorbike yesterday evening (December 14). The boy was slashed with a knife during the robbery.

This morning Phuket police chief Maj Gen Patchara Boonyasit introduced two of the robbers to the press, naming them as Kanokpon Wijit, 18, and Thanit Kantientham, 19. The third was a 17-year-old named only (for legal reasons) as “A”.

Kanokpon and A were charged with robbery and assault while using a vehicle. Thanit was charged with assisting in the robbery.

Gen Patchara explained that at around 5:30pm yesterday 14-year-old Tawan Awutphet was driving his Yamaha Fino along Thepkasattri Rd and was ordered to pull over by two boys – Kanokpon and A – on a Honda Click that drove up next to him.

When he obeyed their order and stopped in front of Wat Sapamthammaram in Koh Kaew, Kanokpon slashed his back with a box cutter and told Tawan to let go of the motorbike and his mobile phone.

Tawan jumped off his motorbike in a panic and one of his attackers jumped on the bike and rode off on it, leaving Tawan in the road.

Police checking CCTV footage after the robbery was reported and were able to identify the suspects as they rode along. They saw the attackers park the victim’s motorbike in a lot next to the Robinson Ocean store on Thavornwongwong Rd.

Officers were sent to wait and watch. At about 10:30pm Thanit drove a Honda Click into the lot with Kanokpon on the back to collect the stolen bike.

When the duo spotted the police, they abandoned the stolen motorbike and tried to make a run for it but were surrounded by police.

Under questioning they gave up the name of the third member of the gang, A. He was arrested at his home Soi Janatsawasook in Talad Yai.

Police seized from them a Honda Click and a Yamaha Fino, a Lava mobile phone, and a three-inch box cutter knife.

The trio told police they stole the motorbike because it was “pretty and has a great engine”.

Checks revealed that all three had police records. A and Kanokpon had been arrested previously on narcotics charges while Thanit was out on bail while a case against him on a murder conspiracy charge was being heard by the Phuket Court.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/young-phuket-thugs-arrested-for-robbery-assault-50114.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-16

14 year old with a Scooter ???

oh well ''Welcome to Thailand''.....

I got my first scooter at age 14. License and all. Only 49cc engine allowed but it actually quite common, not only in LOS...

Oh OK then , where is that, ''Outer Mongolia''...

14 year old is too young, but by the sounds of your confidence, you dont seem to think so..

Interesting to see what would happened if he crashed into you, or the likes, wonder who would get the blame... ???

My thaiwife claim she learned to drive motorbike when she was 9 so this 14 y old was an experienced driver ...

BTW give the thugs a harsh punishment please - and their parents if possible

I got my first scooter at age 14. License and all. Only 49cc engine allowed but it actually quite common, not only in LOS...

Oh OK then , where is that, ''Outer Mongolia''...

14 year old is too young, but by the sounds of your confidence, you dont seem to think so..

Interesting to see what would happened if he crashed into you, or the likes, wonder who would get the blame... ???

Way way more likely a pick-up truck will crash into you.... Way way more

These two look quite clean cut, unlike the usual grubby young thugs, do I see the one on the right with a Hello Kitty shirt, sure to gain some bad boy street cred.

Can they be turned around? Is the first arrest a badge of honour? Tourist areas are the breeding ground for crime everywhere, too much easy money available to those with criminal intent.

These two look quite clean cut, unlike the usual grubby young thugs, do I see the one on the right with a Hello Kitty shirt, sure to gain some bad boy street cred.

Can they be turned around? Is the first arrest a badge of honour? Tourist areas are the breeding ground for crime everywhere, too much easy money available to those with criminal intent.

Did you read the complete article?

These are not their first arrests. No turning around for these crims.

Your "clean cut" lad is up on murder conspiracy charges.

"Checks revealed that all three had police records. A and Kanokpon had been arrested previously on narcotics charges while Thanit was out on bail while a case against him on a murder conspiracy charge was being heard by the Phuket Court."

Edited by Old Croc