BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
little_muppet

What Do You Like To See To Make Chiang Rai More Interesting?

Personally a big department store like a Central with movie cinemas and maybe even a sizzler.

Ohh and I would like a Limping here in CR aswell stocking lots of great Farang food..

In The Rai!

Edited by In the Rai!

never say never... It will happen but I am sure we will have to wait a while for it..

ช้า ๆ ได้พร้าเล่มงาม

cha cha dai Pla lem ngarm

"Good Things come to those who wait"

Personally a big department store like a Central with movie cinemas and maybe even a sizzler.

Ohh and I would like a Limping here in CR aswell stocking lots of great Farang food..

In The Rai!

I hope not.

For a lot of farang, myself included we like Chiang Rai the way it is or has been in the past.

We don't want lots of big shopping malls,movie theatres and sizzlers, similar to home.

We don't want lots of farang here, like Chiang Mai.

Chiang Rai has a nice mix of foreigners and Thai, a nice mix of foreign shopping and Thai.

Even the traffic isn't so bad here.

So, please leave Chiang Rai to be Thai.

Spot on Tayto. :o

I never said I wanted lots of shopping malls and lots of sizzlers or farangs but I would like 1. somewhere to go and buy goods with a little bit more quality than what Chiangrai (big C) has to offer at the moment. I dont like having to drive 3 hours to get my fill of farang goods. I dont see how one shopping mall will turn this place into Chiangmai.

I do however see where you are coming from size wise and would like things to remain the quiet same.

I can only see benefits in it including more employment opportunities for local Chiangrais.

wat about the old local style retail shop owner?

Edited by unknown_user

They will still survive. people who live in town will still buy goods in town rather than go out to a department store. They would use the department as a place to go on the weekends etc..

I certainly do think that big C would suffer though

Hmm..

I would like to see more of you unknown_user. :o

In the Rai, you cannot get everything.

I suppose you want to live in a quiet and nice village where you can buy a rai of land for 20 000 bath, you can build a a house for 200 000 bath, prices in the local market are low, low, low, and then you have Central Department store 3 km away, the ferry to Koh Chang is 2 km away and barlife like Pattaya even closer. Phu Chi Fah you can see in the horizont.

A good dream.

They dont build a Department store for 1000 farangs that might go there once a month (33 people per day) and maybe a couple of thousands halfwelthy Thais that go for window shopping every weekend.

We are not that many farangs here that can support a very good farang shop with delicatessen from every country in the west.

If you want Department stores and lots of good Farang food, you have Chiang Mai. The prize you have to pay is polluted air, flooding, crazy traffic and 15 000 backpackers every week. Good Luck!

:o:D:D

what do you like to see to make Chiang Rai more interesting? any idea...

Make Chiang Rai more interesting for who?

For foreign tourists and Thai tourists? Or for for backpackers ?

For other farangs dreaming on a good life in a nice place in Thailand maybe living in Pattaya or Chiang Mai?

Or for us, farangs and Thais already living here in Chiang Rai?

Who do you think of?

:o:D:D

to ..svenivan

make it interesting for anyone..for the majority anyone...

and to .. erg

Maybe u have seen more of me already but u just didnt know... hahahaha

Leave it as it are. Fresh airs plus less traffic that's why I often go back to refresh and have my body charge.

Edited by Thaising