Gyms On nut/Sukhumvit

riorobc023

My bad. I didn't realise joining a shitty gym made you an individual ?

Keep on keeping it real brother. Respect.

I think you have it the other way round, but it matters not!!

My previous comment stands, you wanna pay exuberant gym memberships, go right ahead, they'll see you coming from a mile away.

For those that need basic stuff as I mentioned, a gym like Tonys fit the bill perfectly.

In the end to each there own.

How's that for keeping it real bro!!!

Anyway, still hoping someone can provide some feedback on Tonys gym or I will when i get back in a few weeks tongue.png

NOWS Fitness is at On Nut 14. It's pretty damn nice, and a little cheaper than most. Small, and fairly Thai with lots of classes. (The pump classes are lame, but their yoga is amazing).

You can bargain a little on the price there. They tried to raise the price and I walked out... they came running after me. They're friendly enough — although not quite as farang friendly as bigger gyms. They're certainly not unkind — just you know... a little stand-offish.

I pay 2000 baht a month, and you can get 3 months for 5000 baht. I think a year is just 12000. http://www.nowsfitness.com/

But "Now" is not open on Sunday. I just do not understand that. I was looking for a gym and started a thread on it. No suggestions were forthcoming so I went out on my bike and checked a few out. I like the place I go to now. A bit cramped and simple but has body building and cardio equipment. 990 Baht a month or 99 Baht per visit. Sukhumvit 101/1 and convenient for me as only a 10 or 15 minute cycle ride away.

On Onnut there is also a gym at the end of soi 27 called Yak Fitness (another poster has added the facebook link). The ground floor of an apartment. Baht 1,000 per month or 100 Baht per visit, spacious but not much equipment. Personal trainer 400 Baht per hour and courses available.

There is also Hollywood fitness down Onnut Soi 17 recently moved further into the soi. Never been but the same owners as the gym I go to so probably well equipped.

I personally checked Yak Fitness and it's actually look neat.

The only problem is, I don't think it could fit 20-30 people in 1 time?

space is very limited especially if you want to do some WOD's

ํY Fitness on the other hand, has a good facilities also, however, it's located

quite far from the main street. You still have to ride a motorcycle

and for those who are not familiar with the area will find it tedious.

any good gym near bts asoke?

Theres one in every direction. Terminal 21 has Fitness First to begin with. Take the BTS to NANA and theres another one in the landmark hotel.

Go the opposite direction and WE Fitness is to your left and so on..

any good gym near bts asoke?

Theres one in every direction. Terminal 21 has Fitness First to begin with. Take the BTS to NANA and theres another one in the landmark hotel.

Go the opposite direction and WE Fitness is to your left and so on..

i cant find fitness first prices on their site. how much does it cost for 2 months in terminal 21?

you mean there is a we fitness in nana? i cant find it.

i cant find fitness first prices on their site. how much does it cost for 2 months in terminal 21?

Large gym chains like Fitness First, True fitness, deliberately don't specify prices, that's the most annoying thing about them. You have to go in and sit down with an 'agent' who basically tries to get as much money / contract length out of you as possible

Check the racquet club prices (rqclub.com) and don't pay more than that for a years membership, as that's a major gym and sports centre that's as good if not better than FF, True, and WE. So use that as a benchmark

I found my gym in bangkok via http://gymfinder-thailand.com

They have by far the best list of all gym's in Bangkok with a nice map view to check the exact location.

Unfortunately, it is far from up to date and includes none of the gyms I visited. Piyarom actually closed down over a year ago and is still listed.

There is a new Gym on On Nut 46: https://www.facebook.com/Y.FitnessPremiumClass Thins its behind the new Lumipini buidldings, in an older condo that has a pool.

Looks to be foreigner owned, havent been there myself

That's Y-fitness located inside the village along On nut soi 46.

When I visited them, I almost got lost co'z it's really far from

the main street and I'm worried how to get back to the main

street especially when you workout in the evening?

Yes, they have a pretty good swimming pool!

but please take note that this is NOT exclusive for

members use. All tenants in the building are allowed

to use it!

So don't be surprise if you see a bunch of families

dipping on it.

If you really need a swimming pool to do some laps,

you might as well go to Juta sports. it's located in

the main road along On nut. Or if you want a swimming

pool with a very relaxing ambiance, there's a resort

type of swimming pool along Sukhumvit 81 Soi Siripot.

Another thing, the last time I checked, Y-Fitness doesn't

have spinning classes.

Large gym chains like Fitness First, True fitness, deliberately don't specify prices, that's the most annoying thing about them. You have to go in and sit down with an 'agent' who basically tries to get as much money / contract length out of you as possible

Check the racquet club prices (rqclub.com) and don't pay more than that for a years membership, as that's a major gym and sports centre that's as good if not better than FF, True, and WE. So use that as a benchmark

That's how they work, I guess it's an industry standard.

You have to tell them your requirements so they can suggest

specific membership types for you.

Rule of thumb:

Big gyms will always charge you big!

If you pay less for something, chances are you getting less of it.

I think, the best way to choose a particular fitness center for you

is to prepare a checklist based on the most important factors.

1. Is it accessible to your work place or home?

2. Do you prefer to exercise before or after work?

3. What are you looking for in a gym? do they have it?

4. How much is your monthly budget?

5. Do they offer special payment terms to meet your budget?

Never mind the free coffee, cozy lounge & locker area,

cardio movie room, yoga fly room, swimming pool, or any

other facilities that you most likely will NOT use!

Just pay for something that you really need.

Or if you want a swimming

Where is this place? I go down 81 all the time I have never seen it?

Is it just a pool you can pay to use?

where is this racquet club gym? is it near asoke?

Or if you want a swimming

Where is this place? I go down 81 all the time I have never seen it?

Is it just a pool you can pay to use?

Along Sukhumvit 81, look for soi Siriphot #198.

Yes, you can pay for a day pass. If you're a member of Now's Fitness, you can get 30% discount.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, i went to fitness first in terminal 21. she offered day by day price which was very expensive (im going to gym for 6 weeks). dont remember the price.

then i went to true fitness in exchange tower, and got a deal for 5000 baht for 6 weeks :) im happy.

Yeah I walked by tony's gym the other day, somewhere around sukhumvit 19.

I walked past it tonight and went inside. Three floors (2nd-4th), not large rooms, low ceilings. No air con, just fans and open windows. Basic equipment but sufficient eg squat rack. No chin/pull-up bar from what I could see, just some grips on one large station,and not much head clearance with the low ceilings. If you're into bodybuilding, Strong Lifts, compound body moves, strength training, hardcore lifting, this gym might be for you. Cheap and open 24 hours. See attached photos of the pricing. PS 2nd floor has a large sign saying not trust the staff! LOL

post-13545-0-30471600-1434555736_thumb.j

post-13545-0-08019100-1434555758_thumb.j

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is old. I thought might help some one else looking for a good gym. I found a American style gym close to Onnut BTS. Its called the Muscle Factory. The place is huge, has a big powerlifting area, Hammer Strength, Rogue equipment and the most dumbbells ive ever seen in any gym. 

I don't know rules about posting links so I wont.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, mod1208 said:

I know this topic is old. I thought might help some one else looking for a good gym. I found a American style gym close to Onnut BTS. Its called the Muscle Factory. The place is huge, has a big powerlifting area, Hammer Strength, Rogue equipment and the most dumbbells ive ever seen in any gym. 

I don't know rules about posting links so I wont.

Excellent tip; thank you very much.

On 19/05/2015 at 2:04 AM, jspill said:

What's the best price anyone here has managed to get at True Fitness at Asoke or at the Fitness First mob?

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

What's the best price anyone here has managed to get at True Fitness at Asoke or at the Fitness First mob?

A friend got 1.5k/month for a year. Was a few years ago though

Then moved to Raquet club as he said its better, more weights (hes quite into bodybuilding)

Plus has a fun climbing wall 

Archived