Thailand and China to sign dual railway tracks agreement Friday

webfact

Thailand and China to sign dual railway tracks agreement Friday

18-12-2557-11-10-09-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand and China will sign the dual track rail cooperation agreement and establish a joint committee to manage the project on Friday.

Transport Minister ACM Prajin Juntong said the contract would be signed during Chine Prime Minister Li Keqiang’s visit to Thailand to attend the Greater Mekong Subregion Economic Cooperation summit hosted by the Thai government.

The dual track rail project is part of the Thai government’s strategies to develop transport infrastructure from 2015 – 2022.

The dual track rail routes planned to start first are the 734 kilometers long Nong Khai – Nakhon Ratchasima – Kaeng Khoi – Map Ta Phut port route and the 133 kilometers long Kaeng Khoi – Bangkok route.

After signing the contract, the joint committee will start surveying the routes and studying construction techniques and investment patterns.

The project will commence in January 2015.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-china-sign-dual-railway-tracks-agreement-friday

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-18

Choo choo coming high speed to an intersection near you!

This could get interesting, or at very least, devastating.

These aren't for "high speed" trains. Faster than now, but not the 300kmh type.

Ohh, ok.

.....faster than now, won't be hard. :D

• Like 1

Sign the "contract" and only then begin studying "investment patterns."

Where I come from a "contract" requires three elements.

1. Offer

2. Acceptance

3. Consideration.

"Consideration" is value given. For instance I can sign a note that says I owe you 5K baht, but if you can't later prove you gave me the baht, the contract is void. We both have to be able to prove we performed our part of the deal.

So, anywhere in the world that I know about, a "contract" that didn't first have the "investment patterns" not only "studied," but payment started would be void.

• Like 1

The Minister for Transport of the previous government has personally surveyed the route already with a Chinese party accompanying him. Does the need the survey the route again mean the route has changed, work not done to satisfaction, or work not done at all?

Anyway, it looks like we won't be going high speed soon.

Roll on the planning........I only hope they get some real expertise for this...but somehow...I feel that the Chinese will be the Project Managers....Planning Managers, Finance Managers and Graft Managers............there's gonna be a lot of Thb floating aound with this project!!!

• Like 1

Choo choo coming high speed to an intersection near you!

This could get interesting, or at very least, devastating.

I am not sure but, I think this is probably the long awaited shipping container train, hence why it headed for the port, not direct to Bangkok.

I'd say you are right sir.

• Like 2

"investment patterns" is vague. But it may refer to plans for commercial/residential development along the rail lines. Just as a new BTS line can trigger urban development along its route, a new rail line through rural areas has the potential to spawn new businesses and residences that rely on access to transportation. Integration of investment patterns with the optimum rail route could affect micro-placement of the line.