Samui's terminally ill cancer lady turns out to be fraud

webfact

Might not be physically ill. But I'd imagine mental ill - probably some sort of depression.

xxxxxxxx . She got plenty in the bank nothing wrong with her faculties and able to converse capably when questioned. She is an ex lawyer to boot. To many of these scumbag ex pats living here trying to take advantage of peoples good nature. Should be banged up for a good long while. Makes me sick if she wants out so bad they should put her down like the dog she is

Edited by Rooo
flame removed
  • Like 1

Might not be physically ill. But I'd imagine mental ill - probably some sort of depression.

xxxxxxxxxxxx She got plenty in the bank nothing wrong with her faculties and able to converse capably when questioned. She is an ex lawyer to boot. To many of these scumbag ex pats living here trying to take advantage of peoples good nature. Should be banged up for a good long while. Makes me sick if she wants out so bad they should put her down like the dog she is

Bravo! +1

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed from quote.

Now this is going to cost me,I was taken in by this story and showed my wife ( she who knows all ) who immediately said she was a fraud! I said she was heartless and as we are heading to Samui soon would donate,now though it's humble pie and a pressie for the mrs!

In Thailand, most cynics turn out to be correct........

• Like 1

So, is the free accommodation on the beach still up for grabs?!!

Seriously, what a bitch. How long did she think she could get away with her lies? Oh yes, she was refusing any treatment for her cancer. How was she going to "die"?

Kudos for those who were willing to help her. Let's hope they haven't given up on helping someone, someday who truly needs it.

Not sure about the local laws here, but it would sure be nice to see her tried, and convicted of fraud, and given the gift of a ten year prison sentence, in a Thai prison, where she could become Khun Ann Poolsawats girlfriend for a few years. That would be sweet. These kinds of crimes should not go unpunished.

A sensitive topic I know - but I missed the bit where this women set out to defraud people.

From what I have read - she wanted to be left alone to die - probably because she felt that her life was screwed up.

Generous and kind-hearted people would not let this happen so she concocted a tale to try and cover up her actions.

Generous and kind-hearted people insisted on helping her (and the police could not/would not let her stay where she was).

She did not want to go to hospital. She was embarrassed by the attention and help that she received (and the fact that she was stuck in a web of lies and getting deeper and deeper into it).

Sure - she did not come clean until the last moment - but I do not see a criminal here. Just a sad lady who thought that she could disappear quietly and then events overtook her.

Anyway - this is just another possibility for the TV Perry Mason's to criticise or has the lady been found guilty already?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050051/

• Like 2

If members naive failings is their kindness then thats fine with me.

Has nothing to do with kindness, I saw the original thread right when it was posted, and smelled a rat right away.

The reason I didn't post my views in the original thread was because I would have been slagged off by those kind (naive) people on this forum.

Wow, aren't you amazing for spotting it was a fraud right from the start. At least now you can justify to yourself the fact that you didn't 'step up' and relax in your smugness at the naive people who did. Good on you. Maybe Thai visa (or samuitimes) should send their stories to you before anyone else, to sniff out the frauds - seeing as how you are so clever.

Very easy to say this after all this

That's like finding out the person next door was a thief for 20 years then the police eventually caught him and then some smug idiot comes out and says "

I always knew he was the thief "

You didn't post because you didn't know you may have guessed but everyone might have guessed every possibility

Of coarse if you guess every possibility then 1 of them is bound to be true

• Like 2

Just wondering how much money she scammed

She was living in a derelict house, she refused VIP room in hospital

A family tried to take her under their wing which is where the scam unfolded

Now just keeping the options open

If she did not scam millions or maybe she had the intensions of doing so but never did but if her aim was not to scam millions then maybe it is possible she was a lonely woman at chrstmas time

even if she had money she was still

Living in a an abandoned house

Could it be her excuse was she had canser then one thing led on to the next and so on

Just an option

If she did not scam millions or maybe she had the intensions of doing so but never did but if her aim was not to scam millions then maybe it is possible she was a lonely woman at chrstmas time

Could it be her excuse was she had canser then one thing led on to the next and so on

Just an option

She doesn't have cancer Big C.

Which, in my mind, is the worst,

You can tell people you are broke etc. and they will help you, but to out and out lie about having a terminal disease and pleading poverty. The woman is sick in the head. She should go back to whereever she came from and try to con people there. In Germany, i don't think they would take her "plight" so lightly. She took up a hospital bed, she had kind people falling over themselves to help her, Embassys etc.

For what? A bit of attention?

Where is she now?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an option

She doesn't have cancer Big C.

One day she might lets hope so and people turn there backs like the boy cried wolf

• 2 weeks later...