Thai Parliament Will Officially Open Its Television Station Tomorrow

Jai Dee

Parliament will officially open its television station tomorrow

Parliament will officially open its television station , or PTV, tomorrow.

Interim senate speaker Suchon Chaleekrua (สุชน ชาลีเครือ), who will preside over the opening ceremony, said PTV will broadcast via satellite and signals will be relayed to NBT 15, a channel of the National Broadcasting of Thailand and 400 cable TV stations.

Mr. Suchon said the station will broadcast live major parliamentary activities, including the meetings of MPs, senators and various House and Senate committees.

It will also produce programmes that promote democracy, he said.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 11 August 2006

The Public Relations Department’s TV stations in Chiang Mai and Phuket will serve as local TV stations

The Public Relations Department’s Channel 11 broadcast in Chiang Mai and Phuket will serve as local television stations.

Caretaker PM’s Office Minister Suranand Vejjajiva (สุรนันทน์ เวชชาชีวะ) said local TV stations must be impartial, independence and can not be manipulated by political influence. Each will be run by a board selected from members of local communities, Mr. Suranand said.

Mr. Suranand said programmes of local stations also must respond to the needs of local people. In the beginning, the state-owned stations in Chiang Mai and Phuket will be turned into Thailand’s first two local TV stations, he said.

These two stations will give local communities at least four hours of the airtime a day to produce and broadcast their own programmes, Mr. Suranand said.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 11 August 2006

Parliament will officially open its television station tomorrow

Parliament will officially open its television station , or PTV, tomorrow.

As if I'm not already easily confused... but it appears that I will soon be watching PTV on PTV...

:o:D:D:D

PTV Info

PTV Thread...murder and mayhem

===================================================

To joe beets:

And here I was under the impression that parliament had been disbanded.

I guess I can store that notion next to the one where the prime minister resigned.

If it's put on tv, it must be true!

Wonder what we're gonna see...

I am wondering if my new PTV channel on my PTV Cable system will contain only mind-numbing footage for all day/and all night of an empty Parliament.. As viewed from a single, stationary, downward-angle video-camera aimed at the totally-empty Parliament floor for 24 hours a day.

I picture watching the afternoon cleaning crew slowly and casually vaccuuming around the empty seats...

the hourly rounds of the lacksadasical, elderly, lone security guard idling strolling through the camera shot...

among many other enthralling scenes ....UNTIL...

with breath-less anticipation.......

awaiting the climatic shot of the entire broadcasting day...

the... Turning Off Of The Main Room's Lights By The Staff

WOW!.... Stunning!! SHOCKING!!! AMAZING!!

"DID YOU SEE THAAAATTT!!!

Edited by sriracha john

JD

Does this mean that the PR dept be giving you video links as well as articles to post?

Jeez I hope not mate... I'm busy enough as it is... :D

that would explain the slowdown in member services here over the past year... :D:D

:o

JD oviously has a very tollerant employer, or he is VERY efficient.

I don't think they have the bandwidth for to much video to come out of the PR dept.

SJ, I’ve heard of troll-baiting (I’ve done it in one instance recently, though unsuccessfully). Are you into moderator-baiting now?

Let’s hope it doesn’t catch on.

---------------

Maestro

terry57 impersonation:

Sorry... I really am. :D

JD is a top-notch fellar and a tip top guy :o

And I shouldn't mess around with his good-naturedness... that can't be right of me to do so... :D

I know my great pontificating self would normally go on and on for about 23 more lines... :D

but as this is isn't really me.... i won't triffle with it :D

so I do send JD a most sincerest apology for trying to rile his righteous self... :D

Edited by sriracha john

Don't they need a broadcasting license or something from National Broadcasting Commission which doesn't exist yet and its future members are in process of being selected by a Senate which in turn is not functioning as all 200 senators haven't been endorsed by the Election Commission which in turn has no members left as they all have been jailed.

Do we have poetically talented people here who can turn it into a nice poem in the same style as "This is the house that Jack built"

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Suranand to develop the govt's media as the property of general public without the politcal interference

Mr. Suranand Vejjajiva (สุรนันทน์ เวชชาชีวะ), the Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, admitted that no certain law is issued to control the media under cable TV. However, he insisted that the government’s media is the property of the general public.

As the head of the government’s Public Relations Department (PRD), he said that he will develop the PRD as the people’s media without political interference. He said that although Thailand has no regulation to control cable TV, its media should not violate public rights. He has urged them to take responsibility in the case that they has taken such illegal action.

Mr. Suranand further informed that the media should publicize only facts and request them to observe the works of each other.

He has requested producers to put their discretion on their programs and avoid causing conflicts, which could lead to violence.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 05 September 2006

/Edit - I just saw your troll-bait and subsequent apology SJ. Thanks to the posters who rose to my defense... and apology accepted.