TAT hopes to draw Chinese tourists with 'celebrity marketing'

webfact

Madame wife of general, who heads TAT, you seem to target Chinese with little spending per head, over usually well behaving Americans and Europeans with lots of spending per head.

May be receiving tea money from the Chin?

Are you scared of educated people ?

Or are you the critical farang bashing type?

your motivations leave me and many others in total darkness.

• Like 1

"Mario has around 3 million fans in China," the TAT director explained. "The goal is to convince at least 1.5 million of them to travel to Thailand."

With comments like that, its obvious that TAT has no idea about marketing.... Simply Ridiculous... !!!

Edited by thhMan

I read an article about how Thailand wants quality tourists, followed by an article on how Chinese tourists are the worst mannered in the world, followed by another article on how Thailand wants more Chinese tourists. I've lived here for a couple years now and I still can't get over some of the things that occur jjst defy all logic.

More tourists mean more money. Those who act poorly are usually older and grew up under a more draconian system. The younger ones tend to be much better behavied. Out of all the trouble makeers, not even 1% are trouble makes.

I have to disagree. Out of all the trouble makers I would say 100% are trouble makers.

Ah, hate much ? Sadly I have met many westerns like you in Thailand. The most commical was a western woman who owned a restraruant in Bangkok. She went on and on about how awful China and the Chinese are, never having been to China and never actually knowing that a number of mainlanders were her customers.

Been livihg in China and Thailand for a long time. There are problems for sure, but please.

You need to take your meds and then reread the post and what is what a response to. And if you still don't get the point then that's proof you're simply too stupid to waste time bothering to communicate with.

• Like 1

I read an article about how Thailand wants quality tourists, followed by an article on how Chinese tourists are the worst mannered in the world, followed by another article on how Thailand wants more Chinese tourists. I've lived here for a couple years now and I still can't get over some of the things that occur jjst defy all logic.

More tourists mean more money. Those who act poorly are usually older and grew up under a more draconian system. The younger ones tend to be much better behavied. Out of all the trouble makeers, not even 1% are trouble makes.

I have to disagree. Out of all the trouble makers I would say 100% are trouble makers.

Ah, hate much ? Sadly I have met many westerns like you in Thailand. The most commical was a western woman who owned a restraruant in Bangkok. She went on and on about how awful China and the Chinese are, never having been to China and never actually knowing that a number of mainlanders were her customers.

Been livihg in China and Thailand for a long time. There are problems for sure, but please.

Well attitudes towards Chinese travellers is generally not good in Thailand. Went to buy some clothes at a store in central world and the seller, a Thai of course (this being Thailand) went on and on to me in Thai about he dislikes Chinese, how they are cheap etc. I have lived in China and once you get used to some of the antics over there, it's actually not a bad place at all, in fact, I genuinely like China for the most part so didn't quite agree with his sentiment but I let him speak. But it's quite clear that many people outside China are not too impressed by the antics of some Chinese travellers. However, it's much easier to get a picture for what China is like once you've been there.

What I don't get is how some people are quick to criticize and in particular have no desire to visit China on the premise of some kind of unfounded inaccuracies that they got from I dunno where, perhaps the media? The fact is, China is a fascinating place to visit and it deserves to see more tourists from abroad. I am still genuinely surprised when I walk down the streets of downtown Kunming and not see a single other westerner. Very strange given that Kunming is just as fascinating to visit as anywhere else in South-East Asia and there has actually been a large increase in the foreign population over the past few years.

• Like 1

Please tell us where those groups of chinese will stay so we can avoid those area's. Thailand on it's own is lowclass enough to handle.

How much revenue do the Thais expect to earn from Chinnese tourists. Answer virtually none. They come on package holidays and go from place to place ona coach and spend almost nothing in the local shops etc. The only people to benefit are the hotels and the coach companies and the rest of us have to suffer with dozens of them blocking the pathways. Why not get some real tourists i.e. the one's that spend money in the restaurants and bars