Chinese passenger opens emergency exit 'to get some fresh air' as plane prepares for take-off

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So was he kicked off? Or sat back down and continued on?

Dear Mr/Ms Journalist: this is called, in literary terms, "resolving the conflict."

Or at least moved to a different part of the cabin well away from emergency exits.

Strange as I heard this was on landing and taxing to the gate when the doors could have been disarmed - would not be possible after doors had been shut and armed after leaving stand.

Emergency doors cant be opened once the wheels are up, this wasn't the case here

Person should be banned from flying. Who cares if it's his 1st time flying. Did he not pay attention to the pre flight safety instructions from the cabin crew? Numpty

If was AirAsia I wouldn't blame the man for not hearing the special announcement made for the passengers seated at the emergency exit rows. I fly AirAsia at least twice a month for the last few years and always sits at the emergency rows because of the extra legroom and not having the retards in front of me reclining the seat to the maximum. (Though it is very amusing to see them spend 5 minutes trying to make them recline before giving up ^_^ )

Like 9 out of 10 announcements are made by someone with a really heavy accent as quickly as possible rattle of the instructions, this at the same time their horrible we're-still-on-the-ground music is blaring loudly from the speaker located just above row 12.

A few times when I'm the only one sitting at the two rows they look at me and I give them a thumbs up and they just go away...

My guess is that it's even worse in China.... Areoflot in the mid-80'ies was definitely worse. On several flights passengers was standing up in the aisles during takeoffs and landings still fiddling with their luggage in the overhead bins. (Insert relevant "In Soviet Russia"-joke here....)

I flew to Udon Thani and back to BKK and was wondering about this type of incident. Can those doors be open during mid flight ?

Scary stuff , I am always very aware of my surroundings on a plane since 911. Kept my eye on a couple of young men changing seats during the flight. I wonder what I would have done to those two Chinese pieces of sh...t that disrupted that plane. beatdeadhorse.gif

• Like 1

Strange as I heard this was on landing and taxing to the gate when the doors could have been disarmed - would not be possible after doors had been shut and armed after leaving stand.

Emergency doors cant be opened once the wheels are up, this wasn't the case here

That seems very unlikely to me. You really think you're not able to open the emergency doors if the landing gears hasn't deployed - like on a water landing or some other mechanical failure?

The usual stated reason for not being able to open the doors while in the air is the pressure differential between the cabin and outside air. You're simply not strong enough to open the door.

Opened the door cause he couldn't find how to wind the window down. Shouldn't be allowed out of their homes, never mind out in public.

And TAT are doing their damndest encouraging the Chinese to come to Thailand ?????

Don't you think bringing up the 'quality' tourists is getting a bit old and BORING? Move on phil