Private taxi or Ibis to sihanouk

geisha

Hi, looking for some info. I will be arriving in PP airport middle Jan . The one taxi company who answered my email is quoting 60$ normal Camry, 75$ for a better car. ( taxidcp). Last year I paid 50$ organised by my hotel, but they are not answering my emails , OC hotel Sihanouk. Basically I'd like to go straight from the airport, but do not want a kamikaze driver. Otherwise, I thought of Ibis, took them once. Do they operate from the airport ? Do they take online bookings? Are there any other options from the airport direct to Sihanoukville? Thank you for any help !!!

Ps, is it better to get an online visa? I'm in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

Get Visa on Arrival unless you want to pay $5 more for the evisa which doesn't take a whole page in your passport - then get it online.

$60 to Snookie is about fair - it's hard for them to get a fare on the way back. Stuff taking a bus and no Ibis don't run from the airport.

I agree - $60 to Sihanouk is pretty OK, but just remember to bargain and also make sure you are talking about a private taxi because sometimes if you tell them something like $35 and they don't know you are referring to the whole car, they'll suddenly put you in the front seat of a taxi shared by as many people who can get in as possible, meaning up to 5 people at the back and get this, a passenger sharing the same seat as the driver! Only in Cambodia, of course! However, getting the price you want and a private car is far less hassle from the airport than in the city, so you should be OK.

Otherwise IBIS is pretty good but I wouldn't expect them to have a lot of departures per day. Depending on what time of day you arrive in Phnom Penh, the only realistic way of getting to Sihanoukville the same day would be to catch a cab, otherwise you'd have to go into the city, get a hotel and then the bus the next day meaning all in all, you'd probably spend at least as much on the combination of hotel to city, hotel and bus fare to Sihanouk, than catching a cab straight from the airport.

However, if you're still keen online booking is possible I think. Check their website.

Edited by Tomtomtom69