Russian tourists are cancelling their vacation plans in Pattaya

webfact

Im sure when you get to know them, like anyone - most Russians are lovely people.

However - when on vacation in Thailand, they can be pretty dreadful. I can't say I'll miss seeing more Russians in Thailand.

What i heard from many Thai peopole that they don´t like Russians because they are rude people.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If the dollar depreciated as much as the rouble has,

I would be cancelling too!

Bad for them, bad for thailands economy

Hopefully the numbers can be offset from other areas.

* RUBLE * THAILAND'S

Edited by AlphMichaels

Hard times has fallen all over the world due to the economic situation.

Hope things change in the near future, because it's not good either for Pattaya or any other city in the world.

Nope.

Not everywhere.

Putin's Russia is in economic meltdown.

I hope strong man dictator Putin withdraws from Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.

I hope Putin stops scapegoating gays and blaming problems that he created on gays and the west.

How about that?

he won't he is not a coward.

Yes I know he won't, because that's all he's got now, the hyper nationalism he's whipped up with his aggression against Ukraine and also the popularity of his scapegoating of a hated minority, the gays, and also his total paranoia about the west. He is in danger of being toppled ... that's what gets strong leaders, economic meltdowns and his only defense is getting even more extreme. In any case, he isn't nearly as brilliant as many people imagined.

+...just e KGB, who were indoctrinated to believe everyone outside the Soviet Union was the enemy.

Hope things change in the near future, because it's not good either for Pattaya or any other city in the world.

Nope.

Not everywhere.

I hope Putin stops scapegoating gays and blaming problems that he created on gays and the west.

How about that?

Jing, understand your animosity towards Putin, but that is only your personal problem.

For Russians living in Russia, ruble crash has had little affect.

It only affects those who travel overseas, which would be easily fixed in a few months, airfares by Aeroflot would be cheaper.

You can also forget Crimea and Eastern Ukraine was NOT under his control, but would not surprise me if it will be from now on.

Like it or hate it, Russians filled up restaurants, hotels and were major players in real estate market.

With them been gone, there is noone to fill their shoes,which very possibly does mean restaurant closures, hotel closures and abandoned construction sites.

Too many selfish people fail to see the big picture and goat about ruble crashing without realizing the consequences for EU. After all Russia was HUGE market 400 billion in trade per year

• Like 2

Like your posts Costas,but I do disagree as I live within my means,learnt that lesson 40 years ago

You are wrong.

Got to do little better than thatwink.png

Food prices, inflation, recession hitting poor and middle class.

Putin raised living standards which was a key to his power ... now they are falling.

Also if middle class people can't afford holidays in winter now, that hurts their quality of life in general.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Nope.

Not everywhere.

How about that?

No mention in Costas post about gays,why did you bring it up STRANGE

Nope.

Not everywhere.

How about that?

No mention in Costas post about gays,why did you bring it up STRANGE

He didn't mention Putin either.

But this story is mainly about Putin, and a big thing with Putin is demonization of the west, demonization of gays, and trying to link those two things.

Maybe you haven't followed the news. Not my problem.

Edited by Jingthing

Nope.

Not everywhere.

How about that?

Jing, understand your animosity towards Putin, but that is only your personal problem.

It only affects those who travel overseas, which would be easily fixed in a few months, airfares by Aeroflot would be cheaper.

You can also forget Crimea and Eastern Ukraine was NOT under his control, but would not surprise me if it will be from now on.

Like it or hate it, Russians filled up restaurants, hotels and were major players in real estate market.

With them been gone, there is noone to fill their shoes,which very possibly does mean restaurant closures, hotel closures and abandoned construction sites.

Too many selfish people fail to see the big picture and goat about ruble crashing without realizing the consequences for EU. After all Russia was HUGE market 400 billion in trade per year

Not true,

It will affect people in Russia greatly - they mainly export oil and gas and import just about everything else (except basic foods), so these import prices are doubling in the last coupe of months and could still increase even more.

Added to that the increase in the interest rates from 10.5% to 17% overnight and there will be a lot of people in debt aswell.

As to the fact that there is no-one to fill their shoes, did you not see that the tourist figures from China were up 58% - and if you have ever been on an Airasia flight from China to Bangkok (as I was last week), you will know that they are an order of magnitude worse in their manners than the Russians, quite a lit of whom were ill-mannered, but also quite a few nice couple and with kids.

But the Pattaya people are adaptable - expect to see all those restaurant, day tours and airport run signs suddenly change from Cyrillic to Chinese script.

• Like 1

Pattaya has moved closer to Bangkok, thats handy

"a beach resort about 60 miles southeast of Bangkok"

Has it? No.

Take a map, check the distance from the southeastern border of Bangkok to the northern border of Pattaya. It might be even less than 60 miles.

But from the western parts of Bangkok to the southern parts of Pattaya ... it might even nearly double, that's right.

Nope.

Not everywhere.

How about that?

Yeah, well hope in one hand and defecate in the other; guess which one gets full first