Russian tourists are cancelling their vacation plans in Pattaya

webfact

For Russians living in Russia, ruble crash has had little affect.

You are wrong.

Got to do little better than thatwink.png

Food prices, inflation, recession hitting poor and middle class.

Putin raised living standards which was a key to his power ... now they are falling.

Also if middle class people can't afford holidays in winter now, that hurts their quality of life in general.

Locally made products are not affected by US$ exchange rate, the only affected goods would imported electronics , cars etc which one does not buy every month or even every year

• Like 1

Hard times has fallen all over the world due to the economic situation.

Hope things change in the near future, because it's not good either for Pattaya or any other city in the world.

Comrade Putin gave a speech yesterday and said none of the woes are his fault.

He just needed a little putsch or two.

Bad for the Russians, yes, but they are the ones who have foolishly supported their "strong" man who has brought them down ... so that's how it goes.

Jinthing - well said- he is totally riding in the popularity poles- they worship him.

Russia has become the pariah of the world- their mates Syria, North Korea & China are just as bad.

My IPad has been pinging every few minutes with a thread that typifies what is going on in Russia.

Not sure many people ( apart from the Rusian owned businesses ) will really mourn their departure in Pattaya .

feeling a little better already. I won't miss them

maybe they won't be missed but their money will. For one Russian you need 100 Chinese. For the people who are against Putin's stance I would advice to dust off your history books about Crimea and Ukraine. There are reasons why EU and USA support Ukraine but for sure it is not because they like the inhabitants....
  • Like 1

Hope things change in the near future, because it's not good either for Pattaya or any other city in the world.

Nope.

Not everywhere.

Putin's Russia is in economic meltdown.

I hope strong man dictator Putin withdraws from Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.

I hope Putin stops scapegoating gays and blaming problems that he created on gays and the west.

How about that?

I'm wondering if you only listen to the News on CNN, BBC, etc. You show "glee" a the Russians' plight.

This is the wrong place to have this discussion, so I'll say no more.

• Like 2

funny news seeing the high rising numbers from the last 2 months of russians going now to the caribbean or phillipine islands and other places. therefore is not for lack of money but get better value and service. thailand is simply out for the russians as it is for many other nations :-D

With the US and Europe putting more sanctions on the Russia, I would say there will be a heap of Russian owned, or partly owned, or a good deposit paid for condos coming on to the market all over Thailand. They can no longer afford to holiday here, buy here or even pay them off any more.

Nope.

Not everywhere.

I hope Putin stops scapegoating gays and blaming problems that he created on gays and the west.

How about that?

IMHO more likely that Putin stumbles over the economic melt down and is replaced by some "strong", ultra-nationalistic hawk or a revival of the diehards, the communists.

Welcome to the 2nd Cold War ...

Nope.

Not everywhere.

How about that?

Lot of hoping going on. I hope he doesn't double-down in Ukraine.

With what money?

Time for the Russians to wake up and revolt, innit?

but they are revolting

• Like 1

Im sure when you get to know them, like anyone - most Russians are lovely people.

However - when on vacation in Thailand, they can be pretty dreadful. I can't say I'll miss seeing more Russians in Thailand.

What i heard from many Thai peopole that they don´t like Russians because they are rude people.
Rude or straight up?

Ive worked around ruskies since they 1st invaded Phuket yrs ago and to be honest once i got to know them and how thry are i reallu have no problem with them personally.

Same as Thais get to know them properly learn a bit of lingo and 90% of them are great...have had run ins with the other 10% also and it aint fun lol but anyway just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 2

I have this vision in my mind of phalanxes of Chinese tourists, following a jabbering tour guide with a teddy bear on a flag stick, trailing through Pattaya's finest go-go bars.

That's really going to take the edge off a good night out!

• Like 2

Bad for the Russians, yes, but they are the ones who have foolishly supported their "strong" man who has brought them down ... so that's how it goes.

Good point. I wonder if history is repeating itself right here in Thailand?

• Like 1