Sukhothai, Sleeping Dog

Tonto21

Just came back from a quick sightseeing trip to Sukhothai, took a lot of photos, but, I feel all pretty sterile.

I don't know why, but I really like this one with the dog in the foreground and Buddha....., Can't put my finger on it, I just get a feeling of connection between the two.

post-69255-0-00851700-1418990751_thumb.j

Tonto

I really like the shot and agree that it has character - but this is the "evaluate my photo" thread so I should provide some feedback - so here goes .....

The depth of field is either too wide or too narrow in my opinion and it depends on what you wanted to achieve - the Buddha should either be very blurred so it forms an appropriate but blurred background to focus attention on the dog which is very sharp - or the Buddha should be fully in focus so that you can see the whole scene from front to back in sharp focus. The statue is a bit blurred - but not fully as in a portrait shot or fully sharp.

So either a wider aperture or a narrower one depending on the effect you want to achieve.

I do like the shot - but feel it's fallen between a portrait-style blurred background shot and a fully sharp travel shot.

• 9 months later...

Archived