10,000 Baht Note

akmacca

Does this note have a picture of Ho Chi Minh on the front by any chance?

Would love to see a photo of it!

It would be a 1 million baht note if HCM was on it, lol. Feels so weird walking around Vietnam with millions of VND in the wallet.

Yeah,a zillion donga,lasts 5 minutes.

Lao Kip alright

lao kip notes images 10,000

Err. ..sorry, the poster had not posted an image of his note, or am I mistaken?

Someone else has posted an image of a Laos Kip note but as far as I can see we still don't have a photo of the fabled 10K baht note.

Or am I tripping?

Yer tripping Billy,over the bs from one question op.

• Like 1

A friend has just arrived from BBK and he tells me there is a New style B500 note in use down there !

john

Wow john thanks for that info---great help to OP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And typical TV replies----- one says it could be worth a fortune someone else says its a useless fake----- great entertainment if you don' t need a sensible reply.Just go to the Bank mate

And be arrested for forgery,and a piss test while yer there.Light yer buri whith it.

My Mom puts money in books, I found 2,000 in Irish Pounds in a Record Album Cover...

Mine had $10k in a tissue box on top of the cupboard.She asked me to pay a bill one day.Alzemiers can be costly to the kids.Dad had 100k stashed in a tin in another cupboard.Taxman.

Does this note have a picture of Ho Chi Minh on the front by any chance?

Would love to see a photo of it!

It would be a 1 million baht note if HCM was on it, lol. Feels so weird walking around Vietnam with millions of VND in the wallet.

Biggest note there is 500K VND, there are no 1MM VND notes. I never pull anything less than 8MM VND from the ATM and it's mostly in denominations of 500K VND notes.

I'd be making sure that which ever bank you take it to the teller speaks and understands perfect English, unless your very fluent in Thai. Asking at a bank if that is legal tender may get the wrong response. The teller is bound to look at it then take it to her superior to ask if its genuine. Who knows in the communication breakdown what she will say to her superior. The superior might see it as a red flag and call the police straight away, thinking that you've brought it in to exchange it for smaller tender. Remember where you are my son.

I'd love to see a 10,000 baht note in circulation, would save a lot of space in our walletsw00t.gif

Gimme a break. They have enough trouble changing 500 and 1000 baht notes.

Besides, even at an upscale restaurant/club, you'd be handing over almost a month's salary to your waitress in one note. You'd feel comfortable doing that? Because I wouldn't.

Imagine the feeling when someone comes back to tell you, you only gave them a thousand.

Except in an upscale restaurant 10,000 would probably not cover the full bill.

Carrying a couple of 10K bills would help reduce the bulk in the wallet.

I'd love to see a 10,000 baht note in circulation, would save a lot of space in our walletsw00t.gif

I totally agree. A 5,000 baht note would also be very helpful. I have never seen one and don't know whether they exist or not. coffee1.gif

Bank of Thailand website detailing all the banknotes - http://www.bot.or.th/English/Banknotes/HistoryANdSeriesOfBanknotes/Pages/evolution_and_series.aspx

There has never been a 10,000 baht note as far as I can see.

Just did a quick search and found this site: http://www.banknotes.com/t.htm#th

THAILAND (Siam, Thaïlande, Thailandia)

TH-75d 5 Baht (1956) (King Rama IX; Phra Pathom Chedi) Sig.41 15.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-77d 20 Baht (1953) (Kg. Rama IX; Royal Throne Halls) Sig.41 45.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-82 5 Baht (1969) (Kg Rama IX; Aphonphimok Prasat Pavilion) 9.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-83 10 Baht (1969-78) (King Rama IX; Wat Benchamabophit) 10.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-87 10 Baht (1980) (King Rama IX; King Chulalongkorn) 3.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-89 100 Baht (1978) (King Rama IX; Don Chedi War Memorial) 11.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-90b 50 Baht (1985-96) (King Rama IX; King Rama VII) Sig.59 6.50 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-90b 50 Baht (1985-96) (King Rama IX; King Rama VII) Sig.62 6.50 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-93 60 Baht (1987) (King Rama IX 60th Birthday Commem.) 20.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-99 50 Baht (1996) (King Rama IX; King Rama VII; Parliament) 6.50 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-102 50 Baht (1997) (King Bhumibol Adulyadej; King Mongkut) 5.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-107 500 Baht (2001) (King Bhumibol Adulyadej; King Nangklao) 35.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-109 20 Baht (2003) (Kings Bhumibol Adulyadej; Ananda Mahidol) 3.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-112 50 Baht (2004) (King Bhumibol Adulyadej; King Mongkut) 4.50 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
TH-113 100 Baht (2004) (King Bhumibol Adulyadej; King Rama V) 8.00 [Photo] [Add-to-Cart]
From Wiki:
Commemorative notes[edit]

In addition to the banknotes currently in circulation (above), numerous commemorative notes have been issued:

• 5 baht (1969): Date of the inauguration of the Note Printing Works, Bank of Thailand (commemorative text added to regular 5 baht notes)
  • 10 baht (1969): Date of the inauguration of the Note Printing Works, Bank of Thailand (commemorative text added to regular 10 baht notes)
  • 60 baht (1987): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 60th birthday
  • 50 baht (1990): Princess Mother Srinagarindra's 90th birthday (commemorative text added to regular 50 baht notes)
  • 500 baht (1990): Princess Mother Srinagarindra's 90th birthday (commemorative text added to regular 500 baht notes)
  • 1000 baht (1992): Queen Sirikit's 60th birthday (commemorative text added to regular 1000 baht notes)
  • 10 baht (1996): 120th anniversary of the ministry of finance (commemorative text added to regular 10 baht notes)
  • 50 baht (1996): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 50th Anniversary of Accession to the Throne (polymer note)
  • 500 baht (1996): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 50th Anniversary of Accession to the Throne (polymer note)
  • 500 baht (1996): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 50th Anniversary of Accession to the Throne (a different emblem)
  • 1000 baht (1999): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 72nd birthday (a different emblem)
  • 50 baht (2000): 50th Anniversary of Royal Wedding of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit
  • 500,000 baht (2000): 50th Anniversary of Royal Wedding of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit
  • 100 baht (2002): The Centenary of the issuance of Thai Banknotes
  • 100 baht (2004): Queen Sirikit's 72nd Birthday
  • 60 baht (2006): 60th Anniversary Celebrations of Bhumibol Adulyadej's Accession to the throne
  • 16 baht (2007): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 80th birthday (1, 5, 10 baht)
  • 100 baht (2010): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 60th Anniversary of Coronation Day and the 60th Anniversary of the wedding of the King and Queen Sirikit
  • 100 baht (2011): King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 84th birthday
  • 80 baht (2012): Queen Sirikit's 80th birthday[16]
  • 100 baht (2012): Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn’s 5th Cycle (60th) Birthday Anniversary

I couldn't find any information on the Tha Mint page, http://www.royalthaimint.net/ Nor could I find any mention of a THB 10,000 note printed in 2003. Sorry

--Pitts

Gimme a break. They have enough trouble changing 500 and 1000 baht notes.

Besides, even at an upscale restaurant/club, you'd be handing over almost a month's salary to your waitress in one note. You'd feel comfortable doing that? Because I wouldn't.

Imagine the feeling when someone comes back to tell you, you only gave them a thousand.

Except in an upscale restaurant 10,000 would probably not cover the full bill.

Carrying a couple of 10K bills would help reduce the bulk in the wallet.

If they started to use 10K bills I would spend it 10 x faster.

Mea Culpa. I am writing from St John US Virgin Islands and I have been without Internet for the last 24 hours or so. I had no idea my post would cause so much comment. My partner actually found the note in a Thailand Travel book here in St John. I did some quick research online, jumped to the conclusion that the note was Thai, but wanted further confirmation by posting on Thai Visa.

In the light of day and studying the note again it is evident it isn't Thai but as suggested by many here Lao. My mistake. At least it did stimulate discussion.. By the way I have placed commemorative notes in books for safekeeping so it isn't unheard of you just have to remember you placed it there.

My Mom puts money in books, I found 2,000 in Irish Pounds in a Record Album Cover...

Sorry, it's already been demonstrated that if you think it's even possible (that somebody left money in a book), you just weren't thinking hard enough. Now, do you really think you found that money in your Mum's book?

Sorry, it's already been demonstrated that if you think it's even possible (that somebody left money in a book), you just weren't thinking hard enough. Now, do you really think you found that money in your Mum's book?
. WHAT, Way Over My Head, I Guess...

apparently there was an issue of a 500,000 baht note - which can legally be owned by individuals -

So do you think this would have also ended up being a bookmark in a tourist's guide?

Funny. People have been known to hide money between the pages of books.

I hide the girl's money in a book. They would NEVER look there. 10,000 Baht! Must have been expecting a REAL hottie! 555 But got shot down. : (

I will buy all the LP books I can find!

I did get a 500 Baht bill in change about 3 years ago that looked unusual. The g/f took it somewhere to be checked out and it turned out to be a commemorative issue; rarely seen. We have it somewhere. Don't know about the value.

500 baht

Could be worth more as it is collectable. Photo is in the link another poster provided above.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm told these notes are legal and were produced for collectors. Their collector value depending on condition could be higher than face value.

My son has a set of 3 X 300Baht notes, a special limited issue. They are all well sealed in individual nice clear plastic casings and hinged together.

My local bank manager told me about it some weeks in advance but had to be ordered.

• 6 years later...
On 12/21/2014 at 6:39 PM, chrisbacke said:

Snarkiness aside, it's probably a 10,000 kip note from Laos. Worth about $1.25 in Laos, and considering changing Lao money outside of Laos is difficult, it wouldn't surprise me if the former owner thought of it as a bookmark. If the writing is curvier than your typical Thai and the note is blue, it's Lao.

Back in '88 I was checking-in to Wattay Airport, Vientiane to depart the country. I had to pay a $US 4 departure tax.

I'd been trying to offload all my Kip so I had none left.  I only had US and AUD $100 notes left so I paid with a AUD$100 note.

I got my change in Lao Kip...  out came the shoe box and it was filled with notes of all denominations.

Back in Thailand, BKK Bank didn't want them, Vasu didn't want them.

Long story short,  it paid my hotel bill 6 months later when I returned to Laos.