70 arrested in Pattaya Beach pre-Festive Season clean-up

webfact

It also let's them know WHO is on the beach. It's a kind of registration service.

I would have thought the same Ladyboys have been rounded up so many times already, they have a season ticket and know all the police by name. They are probably on the Xmas card list and are sometimes godparents to the cops' kids....

Edited by bangon04

as said just rtp rip off, its time thai`s stood up to the scum, where`s the paper work when you get fined you recieve notification of it, did anyone get this and if so why not. i guess as they know they are breaking the law,(by not paying a bar owner) cheesy.gif then tea money it is. prostitution is illegal what a joke, let the circus carry on, the world needs entertaining clap2.gif

Next time, please get the Farang customers who force prostitution.

Another inaccurate, nonsense post from the Oedipus kid himself. I think you will find that not only does the Sex service industry pre date tourism but it services mainly Thai men:but you knew that didn't you? You just get a thrill out of using that P word so drenched in Islamic/Catholic moral judgement because it somehow validifies your sanctimonious world view in a really creepy way. Consider the precept- "Let him who has not sinned cast the first stone." Your comments ooze suppressed sexual guilt and rage and add nothing to the discussion.

Isn't this so silly.

Just a matter of being seen to do something however futile.

They are back there in a few hours and short of a small amount of money they need to recover.

Had they been detained until Jan 5th there may have been some reduction in crime over the festive season.

you can't detained people there not have make crime jet....

It's not North Korea....w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

They are not detained but are fined, photographed, have ID details recorded and a large file is kept so that any victims of wallet/phone/bag snatching etc. on the beach can potentially identify someone from that file.

The law allows no penalty other than the 100 baht fine for loitering for what is normally very evident as solicitation for sex.

Next time, please get the Farang customers who force prostitution.

Another inaccurate, nonsense post from the Oedipus kid himself. I think you will find that not only does the Sex service industry pre date tourism but it services mainly Thai men:but you knew that didn't you? You just get a thrill out of using that P word so drenched in Islamic/Catholic moral judgement because it somehow validifies your sanctimonious world view in a really creepy way. Consider the precept- "Let him who has not sinned cast the first stone." Your comments ooze suppressed sexual guilt and rage and add nothing to the discussion.
Don't get silly, it's a P topic, isn't it?

BTW, I'm neither Christian nor Islamic.

But IF there's anything illegal in P, then I'd prefer the Swedish concept.

In fact I would rather see sex work legalized.

Edited by micmichd

Scooping up sex workers from the beach is not improving security, quite the opposite in fact!

Imagine an empty beach road - the perfect place for a mugging!

And for the uninformed: freelance prostitution is not illegal.

Scooping up sex workers from the beach is not improving security, quite the opposite in fact!

It is if it's carried out "promiscuously" and soliciting for the purposes of prostitution is an offence.

It is if it's carried out "promiscuously" and soliciting for the purposes of prostitution is an offence.

yep... IF... hard to prove and can anyone be charged for just standing there... ?

(except for the 100 baht fine for loitering of course)

Edited by manarak

Pattaya without the beach road ladies would be just plain dull...............would you visit an amusement park without any rides!

Since they are determined to protect the tourists for Xmas I presume all the jet-ski scams have stopped and the police have now been instructed to provide assistance

for visitors in the unlikely event of a misunderstanding rather than facilitate their extortion!....................sh###t another squadron of flying moo on a fly past!

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

Yes, like Farang beaches would be dull without any girls.

The problem of Pattaya Beach is the image as presented in Farang media.

If you see pictures of sexy Farang girls on Farang beaches, you say "Wow!"

If you see pictures of sexy Thai girls on Thai beaches, many yell "Prostitution!"

It is not necessarily like that. But you make it like that by putting your label to it. If you spread rumours in Europe that Pattaya ladies are prostitutes, you *make* them act and behave like this, even if they don't want to.

If in Farang eyes Thai ladies have more sex appeal than Farang ladies, then that's a problem of your Farang country - not a problem of Thailand.

Here we go again. Grab 100 baht of everyone and let them off with a "Stern Warning". Why don't the Cops intern them in Buriram or somewhere over the holidays.

looks like a ladyboy in the picture! bah.gif

Whats wrong with that ?

• Like 1

Yes, like Farang beaches would be dull without any girls.

The problem of Pattaya Beach is the image as presented in Farang media.

If you see pictures of sexy Farang girls on Farang beaches, you say "Wow!"

If you see pictures of sexy Thai girls on Thai beaches, many yell "Prostitution!"

It is not necessarily like that. But you make it like that by putting your label to it. If you spread rumours in Europe that Pattaya ladies are prostitutes, you *make* them act and behave like this, even if they don't want to.

If in Farang eyes Thai ladies have more sex appeal than Farang ladies, then that's a problem of your Farang country - not a problem of Thailand.

Well the issue is those hanging around on the walkway in front the beach not on the beach.

Girls on the beach during daylight hours are left alone.

Rumours and gossip in Frankfurt and Amsterdam does not make Thai gilrs behave in any specific way whatsoever, they choose to do that themselves. Also their behaviour leaves you in little doubt.

Your only point I can go along with is yes, the sexually repressive European world and fast food do make Thai ladies appear to have more sex appeal, they add to that appeal by dispelling reservations.

Here we go again. Grab 100 baht of everyone and let them off with a "Stern Warning". Why don't the Cops intern them in Buriram or somewhere over the holidays.

looks like a ladyboy in the picture! bah.gif

If you have any doubts that's an LB be careful out there wub.png

yep... IF... hard to prove and can anyone be charged for just standing there... ?

(except for the 100 baht fine for loitering of course)

Well the British police did for years with the chosen, targeted underclass- black people. Even blacks at bus stops were harassed under the notorious 'sus' laws. 'Loitering with intent.'

So what?

Are all ladyboys criminals in your eyes?

Men disguising themselves as women so they can get close to their victims.

I think that should be a crime.

I dread to think what happened in Thailand or was it in your formative years with the Christian brothers?

I remember I was permanently picked up by Police in London in the 60s, I used to go for morning coffee to the Covent Garden market and drink it in the streets. Then picked up, arrested and charged with 'vagrancy' - just for open air breakfast.

Things like this never happened to me in Thailand.