Russian tourist dies while scuba diving in Surat Thani's Ratchaprapha dam

webfact

I was a diving instructor long before PADI came into existence I certified a huge number of instructors . The qualification was very high and many failed.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PADI is no qualification. Its just an "ego' thing. They love to call themselves proffesional divers when all they really are , are SCUBA equipment teachers. If you have the money you get certified. Anyone can become a PADI instructor. It is well known that a man got a PADI certication for his dog in the UK by just sending the money. We often refer to it ' as "Put Another Dollar In" I Personally checked what was required to become an instructor. Like like diving ability without SCUBA. None was required.

Which is complete and utter BS.

I'm a PADI MSDT (Master Scuba Diver Trainer, which is the next level above OWSI ( instructor)), I have received my training and qualification(s) in Germany. It was a very tough and relentless process of learning, training, testing.

yes in Germany, but a Pattaya Rescue diver in 1 day is neither tough nor helpful.

PADI rescue diver is recommended 25hrs or three day minimum, where ever the course is done. One day in Pattaya or elsewhere is not normal. In any case, what has this got to do with the sad cave diving accident?

Edited by KhunMat

PADI rescue diver is recommended 25hrs or three day minimum, where ever the course is done. One day in Pattaya or elsewhere is not normal. In any case, what has this got to do with the sad cave diving accident?

yes it brakes the rules, 2 days is normal in Pat and 1 day if you tell you don't have more time.....Mine was 2 days if I recall right. Most probably are PADIs technical dive course not better checked.

It has to do with "ocejanic" telling how great the PADI training is and the others who claim that the 2 Russians might didn't have enough training.

Might be better to start a new thread rather than hijack this one. Certainly not my experience that Pattaya dive centres 'generally' cut things short, in fact I always thought it be the opposite. Where did Pattaya come into this report? Incident was in Surat Thani