TV set top digital boxes in Thailand

infinity11

A Western fellow in Pattaya who has made a nice business for himself providing and setting up boxes in Pattaya (sorry, forget which brand of box) told me that as long as I have standardTRUE ADSL in Bangkok, I should forget about a set top box. They have the means to detect the boxes and will block and throttle content. One friend in Bangkok who did get the system and changed to TOT still had a lot of drop outs and frame freezes...finally shut it down because just too frustrating to loose so many shows in the middle.

Dont think you are talking about TV set top boxes but Android boxes with an HDMI cable

Had one from Lazada (Minix NEO X 8 H) cash on delivery and it is the best thing I ever bought in Pattaya where there are many individuals selling the boxes fully loaded so that they can be used by people with little understand of them.

I am on 10G internet from 3bb and it works just fine, my friend in Ban Sare bought one same time and where He lives the TMP cable that I am also on, he could not get.

As he is only here for a few months it is great for him and has been a life saver, he also has the benefit that He can take it home and use it in the UK when he goes back

There are a few "Jack the lads" selling cheap boxes but expensively in Pattaya and you need to beware of these people but there is one chap that I know personally on Soi Siam country club road selling a quality one for 6K also fully loaded. he also give instruction and if something goes wrong will help out..

The unit cost per Lazada for one of the best boxes will cost around 5K so for me paying 1000B for the loading and setting up of the box is good value for money

On my unit I have already downloaded many great film and watched all the main TV channels like Discovery, National geo, BBC all channels including the player and the ITV iplayer.

You can also use Youtube, Skype and all the normal Apps that you find on an Android or Iphone

device. All of course though your TV

You only need a TV with and HDMI connection

So I am one very satisfed customer

Dont think you are talking about TV set top boxes but Android boxes with an HDMI cable

Had one from Lazada (Minix NEO X 8 H) cash on delivery and it is the best thing I ever bought in Pattaya where there are many individuals selling the boxes fully loaded so that they can be used by people with little understand of them.

I am on 10G internet from 3bb and it works just fine, my friend in Ban Sare bought one same time and where He lives the TMP cable that I am also on, he could not get.

As he is only here for a few months it is great for him and has been a life saver, he also has the benefit that He can take it home and use it in the UK when he goes back

There are a few "Jack the lads" selling cheap boxes but expensively in Pattaya and you need to beware of these people but there is one chap that I know personally on Soi Siam country club road selling a quality one for 6K also fully loaded. he also give instruction and if something goes wrong will help out..

The unit cost per Lazada for one of the best boxes will cost around 5K so for me paying 1000B for the loading and setting up of the box is good value for money

On my unit I have already downloaded many great film and watched all the main TV channels like Discovery, National geo, BBC all channels including the player and the ITV iplayer.

You can also use Youtube, Skype and all the normal Apps that you find on an Android or Iphone

I believe the guy you refer to on Soi Siam Country club is the same fellow I mentioned in my previous post...the Minix is the machine I was talking about and his "fully loaded" price is certainly reasonable. He has a lot of very satisfied customers on another forum that is Pattaya based. I had asked him if he did installations in Bangkok and that is when he told me that TRUE in Bangkok did not work well.

He seems to be a very good guy and stands behind his work.

Can't find it on Lazada send PM me the order number

Thanks

Can't find it on Lazada send PM me the order number

Thanks

This link is the for the latest model, it is one up from mine.

http://www.lazada.co.th/minix-neo-x8-h-plus-black-remote-air-mouse-m1-531483.html

Remember that when you go onto the net searching for Lazada it is a good idea to writel

"Lazada Thailand: in the search panel or you may get another Asian Countrys Lazada by mistake ( I did)

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2014 at 5:57 AM, n210mp said:

Had one from Lazada   (Minix NEO X 8 H) cash on delivery and it is the best thing I ever bought in Pattaya

[... snipped ...]

This link is the  for the latest model, it is one up from mine.

http://www.lazada.co.th/minix-neo-x8-h-plus-black-remote-air-mouse-m1-531483.html

Remember that when you go onto the net searching for Lazada it is a good idea to writel

"Lazada Thailand: in the search panel or you may get another Asian Countrys Lazada by mistake ( I did)

Have had no bad experiences with Minix Neo X7. Noticed that the air-mouse on Lazada has Thai character keys. Was searching for that, so thanks!

Windows 10 alternative: simply type BOXSTK1AW32SC in the search panel of Lazada Thailand ( please be aware that the most recent one does not contain one single but two USB ports ).

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2014 at 10:58 AM, dddave said:

I believe the guy you refer to on Soi Siam Country club is the same fellow I mentioned in my previous post...the Minix is the machine I was talking about and his "fully loaded" price is certainly reasonable. He has a lot of very satisfied customers on another forum that is Pattaya based. I had asked him if he did installations in Bangkok and that is when he told me that TRUE in Bangkok did not work well.

He seems to be a very good guy and stands behind his work.

Can anyone give me the contact details of the chap doing the TV set top boxes on Soi Siam Pattaya

Archived