Drunk Chinese tourist steals bicycle rickshaw in Chiang Rai

webfact

Grand Theft Pedicab: Drunk Chinese tourist steals bicycle rickshaw in Chiang Rai
By Coconuts Bangkok

pan.jpg
Photo: Teenee Mochit

CHIANG RAI: -- A Chinese tourist will be deported from Chiang Rai for stealing a pedicab today from a local's home because he was drunk and wanted to go sightseeing.

The most recent in a string of reports of visitors from China behaving badly in Thailand, Wang Sen, 31, was detained by police this morning after a witness saw him pedaling a pedicab reported stolen by its owner yesterday.

“Chinese tourists again!” was how local media succinctly headlined it.

Wang Sen was spotted a member of the "Pedicab Taxi Association" who helped police quickly track him down, whereupon they discovered he was a tourist and had lost the pedicab somewhere.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/22/grand-theft-pedicab-drunk-chinese-tourist-steals-bicycle-rickshaw-chiang-rai

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-23

Not really a big deal, more like hi-jinks.

Rather pleased to see the Chinese can have a bit of fun, they seem to wander around looking sour faced most of the time here.

That's when they walk around with mum, grandpa and kids on a family trip...

Unleashed from the family, they party like us, mabe even more.

• Like 1

Not really a big deal, more like hi-jinks.

Rather pleased to see the Chinese can have a bit of fun, they seem to wander around looking sour faced most of the time here.

The're born with sour faces, can't blame them for being sour faced. laugh.png

Now all we need is a few more Chinese tourists to go out get drunk like this, Buy bar girls large houses or build them on Pap's land after knowing them for a week-- pay large amounts of sin-sod to married women with 8 children who work as prostitutes, then leap off of balconies when she leaves him.

Then--& only then can we welcome them into the farang tourist fraternity....................coffee1.gif

Oh yes they should also join Thai-Visa & write numerous letters to that publication condemning & rubbishing anything Thai, & consistently predict the demise of the country,

..................."Buy bar girls large houses or build them on Pap's land after knowing them for a week-- pay large amounts of sin-sod to married women with 8 children who work as prostitutes, then leap off of balconies when she leaves him."........................

The above sentence is directly linked to your last sentence. Most of the miserable clowns who spend all their spare time on forums "rubbishing anything Thai" do so because they were fools who were parted with their money and now they are bitter and twisted.

Call me a Thai apologist if you like, you moaners, but I love the place. biggrin.png

....the person was drunk.....he saw a means of transportation sitting idle....he wanted to get to his hotel room...

...is this overblown........stole....???

....how far did he get....

...Chiang Rai center is not that big to begin with,,,,,

...big criminal busted......oh please.......

...while others are getting away with unspeakable crimes....

Don't want to seem picky but if a person takes something without permission that doesn't belong to him (from a person's house in this instance) then yeah "stole" is the correct word. How would you describe it? Were you reading a different report or something because the report above says he wanted to go sightseeing, nothing about wanting to get to his hotel room that I can see.

• Like 1

He's going to get his BUTT Kicked when he gets home.

The Chinese Government is taking a very dim view of this loutish behavior and rightly so. Just wish some other Governments, including the Australian one would do the same thing. We Don't NEED morons like this visiting here.

Now all we need is a few more Chinese tourists to go out get drunk like this, Buy bar girls large houses or build them on Pap's land after knowing them for a week-- pay large amounts of sin-sod to married women with 8 children who work as prostitutes, then leap off of balconies when she leaves him.

Then--& only then can we welcome them into the farang tourist fraternity....................coffee1.gif

Oh yes they should also join Thai-Visa & write numerous letters to that publication condemning & rubbishing anything Thai, & consistently predict the demise of the country,

your life sounds miserable.

....the person was drunk.....he saw a means of transportation sitting idle....he wanted to get to his hotel room...

...is this overblown........stole....???

....how far did he get....

...Chiang Rai center is not that big to begin with,,,,,

...big criminal busted......oh please.......

...while others are getting away with unspeakable crimes....

I see your a big supporter of crime and are defending a thief. When people steal things that you have worked hard to aquire it isn't a very nice feeling. I don't like thieves who have no consideration for victims.
  • Like 1

Since this thread seems to have some replying in sincerity - let me butt my baht's worth in :: it seems some members ignore the basic principles of law...to whit: the alleged offenders intent is significant. It is unlikely that the intent here was to permanently dispossess the owner of his vehicle. Thus, the crime falls into the category of offensive behavior (what in Australia is called: 'being a <deleted>'). Most of us have fallen into this category at times (normally assisted by a combination of Youth and Inebriation). Verdict: pay for any damages (including any lost earnings) and promise to behave better in future. Factoring into damages is the understanding that the victim might feel very different about the offense.

Not a biggie - jai yen yen mai....and seasons greetings to you all.

Since this thread seems to have some replying in sincerity - let me butt my baht's worth in :: it seems some members ignore the basic principles of law...to whit: the alleged offenders intent is significant. It is unlikely that the intent here was to permanently dispossess the owner of his vehicle. Thus, the crime falls into the category of offensive behavior (what in Australia is called: 'being a <deleted>'). Most of us have fallen into this category at times (normally assisted by a combination of Youth and Inebriation). Verdict: pay for any damages (including any lost earnings) and promise to behave better in future. Factoring into damages is the understanding that the victim might feel very different about the offense. Not a biggie - jai yen yen mai....and seasons greetings to you all.

Actually in Australia it is known as Unlawful Conversion. Basically it is the taking of someone goods and using them but not intending to keep them. To prove this you do not have to show intent to deprive the owner of his vehicle.......ie drunkeness can not be an excuse. THe penalties are just the same as for theft.

• Like 2

Any logical explanation for why Chinese are unable to behave like civilized men? Because it has nothing to do with that fact that he was drunk. They do worse things in a sober state. E.g defecating in the moat etc. Are they mad because they are usually shorter then people from other parts of the world?

Harrry - thanks for that clarification... This is where judicial discretion (i.e. merits of indvl case) ought come to play :: i think you meant to say 'the range of penalties' is the same?

Although, it be no surprise to discover that AuZtralia has no more discretion...lol