Samui ferries remain in service despite weather conditions

webfact

Samui ferries remain in service despite weather conditions

SURAT THANI, 23 December 2014 (NNT)-The ferry service between Donsak and Samui Island will remain in service until the New Year celebration period.

Director General of the Marine Department Surat Thani Office Pravet Suphachai said his department has assessed the weather conditions and decided that there is no need to cancel the ferry services.

This is despite the warning of heavy rains in the Southern region from the Meteorological Department from now until Thursday. There are currently two services operated between Donsak and Samui Island, which include Sea Tran Ferry and Raja Ferry.

However, ferry operators have been advised to check the weather conditions frequently and make sure that safety gears on board are functional.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-23 footer_n.gif

I took a ferry out to one of the southern islands about this time a year ago when the weather (and the winds) were about the same. That two hour trip was the worst travel experience of my life. I knew it was going to be rough when they were handing out vomit bags even before cast off - and then it got worse!

I took a ferry out to one of the southern islands about this time a year ago when the weather (and the winds) were about the same. That two hour trip was the worst travel experience of my life. I knew it was going to be rough when they were handing out vomit bags even before cast off - and then it got worse!

So why get on ?

I value my life way higher than that.