Motorbike rental in Phetchabun

revgreen

Yeah - no luck from anywhere when I first got here about 8 months ago, so I bought a bike. Just sold it yesterday as I'll be moving next year and the price was too good to hold out on. Wasn't sure if maybe I overlooked something back when I first searched.

Shit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am staying in Phetchabun, need just a moped, or scooter until the 10th Febuary as I fly back to UK on the 12th, I was renting off of a local family, we agreed 1000 baht per week but now they inform me that they want 300 per day, I cannot deal with moving goal posts, anyone know of anything?

Edited by Powerhousesteve

Hi, I am staying in Phetchabun, need just a moped, or scooter until the 10th Febuary as I fly back to UK on the 12th, I was renting off of a local family, we agreed 1000 baht per week but now they inform me that they want 300 per day, I cannot deal with moving goal posts, anyone know of anything?

Hey - as you can see from the other replies there isn't really anything here. I did find one shop that rented them but there prices are insane.

I can offer you a good as new Honda 125 click, for 2000 if you are still keen
  • Confused 1

Thanks for the offer of the Honda but I am fixed up now, the bike I got was new and it's 1000, per week, quite happy with that so I don't know why "300 a day is just absurd, 1000 a week is nonsense and just ripping you off and taking you for a mug" 1000 (£20) per week seems fine to me, a mans got to get paid something for his investment

300 a day is just absurd, 1000 a week is nonsense and just ripping you off and taking you for a mug.

charlie, really. Phetch ain't pattaya or phuket. Rental here would be private, not business orientated

I have lived here for the last 10 years in Phetchabun. If someone is stupid enough to pay inflated prices, well that's up to them, in my opinion its ridiculous and fuels the dual price attitude by accepting it.

• Like 1

What I love is someone voicing opinions, calling all else stupid, but providing no answer to the question, I am happy to pay £20 per week, I did ask if anyone knew where to get a good deal, obviously you are the expert, but you prefer to keep it to yourself, that fuels "the dual price attitude" , does it not?

Edited by Powerhousesteve
  • Like 1

Thanks for the offer of the Honda but I am fixed up now, the bike I got was new and it's 1000, per week, quite happy with that so I don't know why "300 a day is just absurd, 1000 a week is nonsense and just ripping you off and taking you for a mug" 1000 (£20) per week seems fine to me, a mans got to get paid something for his investment

1000/week = 4000/month

I was paying less than 3k/month for my Kawasaki Ninja. So yes, 4k/month is absurd for a 100cc Honda scooter.

• Confused 1

Like I stated in my previous

"What I love is someone voicing opinions, calling all else stupid, but providing no answer to the question"

I could carry on and waste my time, trying to explain to you the difference between renting, and signing for hire purchase, and then panicking about losing so much money, so you sell it, but I guess that would be superfluous as you already seemed to have learned that one. Some people cannot be told, they have to go through the mill.

Good luck.

Lets just hope that when the time comes, you can walk away as easily as you were hooked.

I doubt you have any real form of hire contract, so lets just hope the bike doesnt magically disappear and you face a 45k+ bill at the end of your "hire".

• Confused 1

Lets just hope that when the time comes, you can walk away as easily as you were hooked.

I doubt you have any real form of hire contract, so lets just hope the bike doesnt magically disappear and you face a 45k+ bill at the end of your "hire".

Surely if he has no contract then he can just walk away from the imaginary 45K bill you're waffling on about....

• Like 1