Angered by parking fine, motorist attacks Krabi cop (video)

Angered By Parking Fine, Motorist Attacks Krabi Cop

By Khaosod English

14193352711419335732l.jpg

KRABI - A motorist is under arrest on suspicion of attacking a police officer with a knife after he was fined for illegally parking near a police box in Krabi province.

The incident took place at around 3 pm yesterday near Ao Nang Beach in Plai Praya District. Police say Pol.Sgt. Abhichart Naksa-nga and another police officer spotted the suspect parking at a prohibited spot and approached the man to apply a fine.

However, the motorist, identified as Thawatchai Bhodirak, 21, reportedly refused to take the ticket or move his car. Instead, Thawatchai loudly berated the police for interfering with his parking and attempted to drive away when the two police officers tried to detain him, police say.

Apparently angered by the confrontation, Thawatchai allegedly took out a two-feet-long knife and lunged it at Pol.Sgt. Abhichart, injuring him in his right hand. According to the police statement, the suspect then came out from his car and tried to stab the officer again, forcing Pol.Sgt. Abhichart to fire two shots in the air, but the warning shots did not deter the suspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXI_X5ywk8o

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1419335271&typecate=06&section=

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-12-24

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what bull , ths took place on MONDAY morning right in the middle of all the tourists waiting for the boat tours, the guy was SHOT in the leg ...i saw the pool of blood and the trail of it across the r

If he ended up shot then he would have deserved it

The attacker should be checked for mental health or being under the influence of substances, and/or perhaps mafia connections. Who in their right mind knifes a cop for a parking ticket? He needs to

Any sane professional police officer knows NOT to fire "Warning Shots" into the air! Those bullets do come down and could injure or kill some innocent victim. Much better to shoot the warning shots into the perpetrator. In the video it appears he is shooting at the perp. not into the air so I'm assuming the "Khaosod English" writer got his or her facts wrong.

• Like 1

Having a less lethal option such as a taser would have been convenient in such a situation.

Watching the cop run away was a big undignified for the RTP and only emboldened the perp.

I understand that police protocol for dealing with a knife-wielding suspect charging at you would consider shooting him in the leg as appropriate.

Having a less lethal option such as a taser would have been convenient in such a situation.

Watching the cop run away was a big undignified for the RTP and only emboldened the perp.

I understand that police protocol for dealing with a knife-wielding suspect charging at you would consider shooting him in the leg as appropriate.

In Australia they are taught only to shoot at the chest. No head shots or leg shots. I think it is the same in most countries.

• Like 2