Angered by parking fine, motorist attacks Krabi cop (video)

webfact

Having a less lethal option such as a taser would have been convenient in such a situation.

Watching the cop run away was a big undignified for the RTP and only emboldened the perp.

I understand that police protocol for dealing with a knife-wielding suspect charging at you would consider shooting him in the leg as appropriate.

In Australia they are taught only to shoot at the chest. No head shots or leg shots. I think it is the same in most countries.

Centre body mass. You don't fire warning shots you don't shoot to "wound" If you draw a service weapon with intent to fire it is assumed fatality is the most likely outcome. Yet to meet anyone that had the ability to shoot to wound an armed perpetrator running straight at them.

Gosh if he is like this at 21 , whats he going to be like in a few years...

Hopefully a bit more mature and acceptable towards his own mistakes..... oh well who am i kidding, admitting mistakes doesn't seem to be something most thai are likely to do.

I actually find this whole "lose face" things very much ironic, because i often see that people are so afraid of losing face, that they're bound to do so. As an example, if i hire someone to do a job where they are in doubt of something, they wont ask because that will make them "lose face", but because they do not ask the chance of making a mistake is very likely and that way they end up losing face. There is 2 things i probably never will 100% accept or understand about thai culture, and that is the "lose face" thing and the "mai pen rai" attitude which causes a lot of problems in my relationship.

Anyway, with his attitude, he should be thankful if he gets a few years older!!!

Edited by Iumentum

In Australia they are taught only to shoot at the chest. No head shots or leg shots. I think it is the same in most countries.

Center of Mass. Double Tap. i.e. right between the nipples 2 shots

Edited by seedy

Having a less lethal option such as a taser would have been convenient in such a situation.

Watching the cop run away was a big undignified for the RTP and only emboldened the perp.

I understand that police protocol for dealing with a knife-wielding suspect charging at you would consider shooting him in the leg as appropriate.

Also true in Canada (where I worked as a civilian for the mounties). Had a heated argument the other day with a friend over the Ferguson shooting ... he was saying that if the suspect had rushed the cop, the cop should have shot him in he leg, not lethally. I couldn't get across to him that these situations aren't Hollywood movies where cops shoot the guns out of people's hands. In the real world, shooting to stop means shooting at the center mass... the torso. But a lot of folks don't get it...

Ya, I get it, that's why so many people in Canada and the USA are getting shot by police, they now get away with murder, I think the officers in this case only wanted to stop the assailant not kill him. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and say what you'd do or not do when your life is threatened, you may think you'll be cool and calm, but it's very easy to panic. Not always so easy to stand your ground when your life's in danger. Likely the office will be the center of many jokes to come but both him and the assailant are still alive. For me, I would of shot the SOB dead, dead

Just shows what respect Thai people have for the RTP. I guess after all these years after bribes and corruption, karma is coming back in a "Big Way". P.S. I do not condone any physical attack on any police officer.

then why say what you did ? Stupid man.

If you really can't fathom what was said, you've applied the right name to the wrong person.

• Like 1

Also true in Canada (where I worked as a civilian for the mounties). Had a heated argument the other day with a friend over the Ferguson shooting ... he was saying that if the suspect had rushed the cop, the cop should have shot him in he leg, not lethally. I couldn't get across to him that these situations aren't Hollywood movies where cops shoot the guns out of people's hands. In the real world, shooting to stop means shooting at the center mass... the torso. But a lot of folks don't get it...

Whatever we see in the little clip, the police officer did the right thing after the shots where fired, he ran for his life...

This is exactly why cops in some country's are using less patience with someone who is a possible threat to there life...

There are numerous story's about violent suspects been shot at, with multiple rounds , and still succeeded to plant their knife in the shooter...

So, officer, keep your distance to have the time and by all means... if you see a weapon in unfriendly hands, shoot, shoot for your life and for the life of those who you sworn to protect...

• Like 1

Cambodja drill... one double tap in the chest, + one under the nose

The fact is... no one knows. He could have been coming to whack the officer who is shagging his GF or wife. He could have been coming to whack for another reason. He could have been higher than a kite. Take away the clothing and you have four or five lunatics running around acting like chimps having a go over territory. No one knows... and I'll warrant it isn't about the law or the principle therein.

Ya know, this is an example of the lack of respect the people have for law ... for rules to create a civilized society ... and the blame falls smack on the corruption in the judicial system from the top down.

Ya know. This post is an example of why I believe that many forum members are sclerotic. %-()

Out of control narcissism rears its head again. I see it all the time in Macro where people choose not to recognize that someone would like to get by them in the isle as it would disturb their conversation on the phone.

And I push my cart into them and say loudly, katoht kap with a smile, works like a charm with them limping slightly.

Edited by KamalaRider

Cambodja drill... one double tap in the chest, + one under the nose

Maybe I'm a pacifist, or perhaps I put too high a value on human life. Surely, a perpetrator with a knife and the law enforcement officer 20 metres or more distant, a shot to incapacitate rather than "murder" would be more appropriate. Hip, groin, leg, kneecap would suffice. If the situation became such that the officer's life was in danger, then resort to the chest shot. Already way, way too much violence in the world IMHO.

Actually Doc, a lot of the things that "allegedly" happen here do seem like scenes from Hollywood movies. biggrin.png

what bull , ths took place on MONDAY morning right in the middle of all the tourists waiting for the boat tours, the guy was SHOT in the leg ...i saw the pool of blood and the trail of it across the road

looks like they are worried about AOnang so the story has been changedwhistling.gif

The cop needs lessons regarding his side arm aim............facepalm.gif .

what bull , ths took place on MONDAY morning right in the middle of all the tourists waiting for the boat tours, the guy was SHOT in the leg ...i saw the pool of blood and the trail of it across the road

looks like they are worried about AOnang so the story has been changedwhistling.gif

The article - or "part article" above says EXACTLY where it happened and if you had followed the link to the full story you would have read that the policeman shot him in the leg, you would also have read the article was written on the 23rd, which was Tuesday thus making "yesterday" Monday. So what part is bull and what part has been changed to protect Aonang?

Looked like the policeman was firing straight at him, before the policeman ran away.

what good is it to have the Thai Police armed if they don't use their guns? this is a classic case of shoot to kill! the scum bag deserved to die, instead a cop is hurt and we never did find out what happened to the perp!

Any sane professional police officer knows NOT to fire "Warning Shots" into the air! Those bullets do come down and could injure or kill some innocent victim. Much better to shoot the warning shots into the perpetrator. In the video it appears he is shooting at the perp. not into the air so I'm assuming the "Khaosod English" writer got his or her facts wrong.

A falling bullet could kill??? A lot of imagination here.

Seems the Thai police are better trained than I imagined, and not shooting to kill. A knife is a lot more dangerous than a toy pistol, for which a child was killed recently in another Western country.

If this had been in Melbourne, the crazy guy would be dead.