Angered by parking fine, motorist attacks Krabi cop (video)

webfact

See..., the police are starting to do the job of real police and write an actual ticket when someone parks illegally. The problem is... Some Thai's can't handle it. The compliance to laws have gone unnoticed for so long that now when the police begin to implement, some don't know how to handle it. One thing is obvious from viewing this video, this person has zero respect for the law.

• Like 1

Just shows what respect Thai people have for the RTP. I guess after all these years after bribes and corruption, karma is coming back in a "Big Way". P.S. I do not condone any physical attack on any police officer.

Nor should civilians put up with unnecessary police violence against the public...

HAHAHAHA, the police running away even when he is the one who has the firearms.

Wake up, now understand your job description? Not just giving fines and traffic. Gotta be tough and strong instead of just upholding that badge to show authority and power.

Try that anywhere else and have 50 bullets in your chest. This is one very lucky nutcase.

Goes to show just how bad shooters the BIB are, but I think the guy falls to the floor just before the video ends, monitor this moderator, cos you always seem to remove many articles that tell the truth, then again free speech is not allowed on this site

• Like 1

Just goes to show the training these police have, the idiocy of shooting warning shots in the air to try to stop a knife wielding nut job, the bullet shot in the air comes to earth with enough energy to kill anyone it hits, so to do so is putting the public at risk and is never done in professional police force they are trained to shoot centre mass of the body i.e. the middle of the chest with expanding projectiles to limit the bullet going through the body and injuring a member of the public, never a warning shot.

I remember about a year ago the bib were trying to stop a car, so decided to stand opposite each other and fire at the tyres as the car sped by. One took a bullet to the leg what a joke

I was a certified pistol coach in Australia I taught, fast draw I.P.S.C. ( combat scenarios ) all the N.R.A. matches and service matches, I would love to see how these guys are trained before they are allowed to carry a gun.

They even have to buy their own guns so the all have different guns with different calbres, shooting a variety of projectiles, I doubt they have been trained to look after and maintain their weapons, most police forces have gone to the Glock .40 and some the Glock 9mm easy to shoot ,easy to maintain and a double safety feature

Edited by pitchag
  • Like 1

Any sane professional police officer knows NOT to fire "Warning Shots" into the air! Those bullets do come down and could injure or kill some innocent victim. Much better to shoot the warning shots into the perpetrator. In the video it appears he is shooting at the perp. not into the air so I'm assuming the "Khaosod English" writer got his or her facts wrong.

A falling bullet could kill??? A lot of imagination here.

Seems the Thai police are better trained than I imagined, and not shooting to kill. A knife is a lot more dangerous than a toy pistol, for which a child was killed recently in another Western country.

If this had been in Melbourne, the crazy guy would be dead.

No imagination needed a bullet fired absolutely straight into the air ( almost impossible for a human to achieve) will reach its limit and tumble back to earth at around 300 feet per second one fired at an angle as most are, maintain their velocity and can and do kill people, just do some easy research on google, then you don't need imagination just facts.

Edited by pitchag

See..., the police are starting to do the job of real police and write an actual ticket when someone parks illegally. The problem is... Some Thai's can't handle it. The compliance to laws have gone unnoticed for so long that now when the police begin to implement, some don't know how to handle it. One thing is obvious from viewing this video, this person has zero respect for the law.

small correction, he has no respect for anyone but himself

Any sane professional police officer knows NOT to fire "Warning Shots" into the air! Those bullets do come down and could injure or kill some innocent victim. Much better to shoot the warning shots into the perpetrator. In the video it appears he is shooting at the perp. not into the air so I'm assuming the "Khaosod English" writer got his or her facts wrong.

Seems the Thai police are better trained than I imagined, and not shooting to kill. A knife is a lot more dangerous than a toy pistol, for which a child was killed recently in another Western country.

No imagination needed a bullet fired absolutely straight into the air ( almost impossible for a human to achieve) will reach its limit and tumble back to earth at around 300 feet per second one fired at an angle as most are, maintain their velocity and can and do kill people, just do some easy research on google, then you don't need imagination just facts.

OK. point taken.

However, this is the 21st century, and the falling bullet could travel at 100 metres per second. No idea what feet are.

OK. point taken.

However, this is the 21st century, and the falling bullet could travel at 100 metres per second. No idea what feet are.

Most shooters measure the velocity of their bullets in feet per second not in metres per second, U.S.A still use yards and feet, pints, quarts and gallons

While a majority of Thai's would not react this way, I do feel that the rampant corruption within the police does cause a lack of respect for their authority. Also, I think the wealthy Thais feel they are above the law - That said, I think this guy was either mentally unstable or on some drug.

what bull , ths took place on MONDAY morning right in the middle of all the tourists waiting for the boat tours, the guy was SHOT in the leg ...i saw the pool of blood and the trail of it across the road

looks like they are worried about AOnang so the story has been changedwhistling.gif

Why do you think this is bull?

The story was taken from khaosod and was dated the 23rd of December (Tuesday) and says "The incident took place at around 3 pm yesterday" so that would make it Monday.

The story also says "Pol.Sgt. Abhichart eventually shot at Thawatchai's leg"

Apart from you saying it was morning and the report saying it was 3pm I don't see any "bull" here.

Maybe because the boat tours all meet in an area between 7-8am then load up and go to the location of the tour boats making it impossible that it was 3pm. That is if terryp facts are correct.

Shot at his leg, haha, selective in their words if he was really shot.

Edited by 3bj

what bull , ths took place on MONDAY morning right in the middle of all the tourists waiting for the boat tours, the guy was SHOT in the leg ...i saw the pool of blood and the trail of it across the road

looks like they are worried about AOnang so the story has been changed:whistling:

Why do you think this is bull?

The story was taken from khaosod and was dated the 23rd of December (Tuesday) and says "The incident took place at around 3 pm yesterday" so that would make it Monday.

The story also says "Pol.Sgt. Abhichart eventually shot at Thawatchai's leg"

Apart from you saying it was morning and the report saying it was 3pm I don't see any "bull" here.

Maybe because the boat tours all meet in an area between 7-8am then load up and go to the location of the tour boats making it impossible that it was 3pm. That is if terryp facts are correct.

Shot at his leg, haha, selective in their words if he was really shot.

I think my last sentence "Apart from you saying it was morning and the report saying it was 3pm I don't see any "bull" here." acknowledges there is a difference between the report and what terryp wrote, my point being that as that was the only difference, you could hardly refer to the report as "bull".

And even the time difference has a possible explanation.

The Thai language has two ways of identifying the time, 9 o'clock in the morning can be expressed as either "gao mohng chao" 9 o'clock morning or, using the old way of splitting the day into blocks, "sam mohng chao" 3 o'clock morning.

Not too much a stretch of the imagination to see how, if they used the 3 o'clock morning method to tell the time, that it could mistakenly get written as 3 o'clock afternoon when they translated the report to English.

I obviously have too much time on my hands.

91.44m to be exact! And by the way most technical and scientific velocity is measured in feet, Aircraft instrumentation and parameters as one example!

Depends on historic preferences. Modern aviation instruments support both systems, and actually the primary unit for altitude, according to ICAO, would indeed be meter, because of meter being one of the seven base SI units.

Also actually aircraft velocity is measured in knots.

The altitude, or rather flight levels, are mostly measured in feet mainly because of major manufacturers' regional unit of measurements historically (western with their feet, eastern with their meters). Also as a sidenote since 1m ~= 3feet, it is easier to fit more planes on regulated safe intervals - flight levels are calculated in units of 100ft, so 1000ft would be FL10 - the multiple of FL's is 500ft, this results in FL always ending in either 5 or 0, and the same distance is regarded as the minimum safe passing distance.

Back on topic, I'd not call 2 foot, or rather 66cm, blade a knife - that's either a machete or a sword rolleyes.gif

Edited by jabis

looks like they are worried about AOnang so the story has been changed:whistling:

Why would they be "worried about AOnang"?

It's a nice sleepy little seaside village, no?