Woman injured as Iron Gate falls onto her at South Pattaya house

webfact

Woman injured as Iron Gate falls onto her at South Pattaya house

gate-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Medics were called to the scene of a serious accident which occurred at a house in South Pattaya on Tuesday morning where an Iron Gate fell onto a 24 year old Thai woman.

Medics arrived at the house, located in Soi 73/4 off the Sukhumvit Road and attended to the victim, Khun Sukunya. Her neck was immobilized after the gate fell onto her, knocking her to the floor, as she pulled the gate open so she could take her car out of the driveway.

Her concerned brother, Khun Chanakit aged 18, revealed how he heard the screams of her sister and saw her underneath the Iron Gate, which had come off of its railing as she slid the gate open.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/161216/woman-injured-as-iron-gate-falls-onto-her-at-south-pattaya-house/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-24

Either an unfinished job or bad workmanship. It looks like it hasn't been painted yet so more likely not yet complete.

It may be an idea to re route the water pipe running along the sliding base so as to be able to weld a stop and a safety retainer.

These gates are dangerous especially when they are made much bigger than this for schools etc. It's not hard to make an overhang on the post making it impossible to fall so long as the post foundations are good.

• Like 1

The problem with some of these gates is that over time, they settle a little lower, and then come dangerously close to not being tall enough for the top part of the gate to glide between the two rollers. In fact, that is what happened to my gate several years ago and it crashed onto the back of my car when being pulled closed (nobody was hurt, but the back windshield needed replacement).

The gate had sunk just enough that it was no longer gliding between the rollers. So---everyone go check the alignment of your gates right now! If it seems like there is only a little bit of depth left that's holding the gate, have someone come out and make an adjustment to lower the rollers. I hope this makes sense! biggrin.png

Edited by morning glory

We used to rent a house in Pratumnak where the gate fell off like this. It was an electric gate, and my wife opened the gate and as she backed her motorbike out the gate fell off. Luckily she saw it falling and accelerated her motorbike forwards and it missed her. I heard her scream and when I came out I saw the gate on the floor and her with a very scared look on her face. She was very lucky because the gate had security spikes designed in to it, and they could of stuck in her if it had hit her. I called the agency and they sent someone round to repair the gate. A week later the pool guy opened our gate and it fell off again. The repair was done again, but this time I made sure it was done properly.

• Like 1