Proof of Residence in Thailand & Financial Income blue stamp

The last time I recieved a double entry tourist visa from the Thai consulate in Vientiane,Laos, the visa was given a blue stamp which reads: "Proof of Residence in Thailand & Financial Income are required the next time". I'm an Australian national. This was my second back to back tourist visa that i've recieved from the Thai consulate in Vientiane. This is confusing, as I've read from previous visa reports regarding these stamps that the stamp states "residence outside of Thailand.." So does this mean I can show proof of residence in Thailand, but my finacial income must come from outside of Thailand? Also, does this blue stamp apply to all future tourist visa applications at all Thai consulates, or does it just apply to the consulate in Vientiane? i.e Can I apply for another double entry tourist visa at the Thai consualte in Savannakhet ,Laos without having to provide this information stated in the blue stamp?

Thanks in advance!

All reports and scans of stamps all stated proof of residence in Thailand. Any proof of residence can be used. A copy of a rental contract would be accepted. All they really want is proof address.

There are several methods for proof on income you use. A Thai bank book is the best.

You can go to another consulate and get a visa. Savannakhet may ask you for financial proof.

All reports and scans of stamps all stated proof of residence in Thailand. Any proof of residence can be used. A copy of a rental contract would be accepted. All they really want is proof address.

There are several methods for proof on income you use. A Thai bank book is the best.

You can go to another consulate and get a visa. Savannakhet may ask you for financial proof.

Thanks for the reply. So I can use a Thai bank book but the income must come from outside of Thailand? If Savannaket does ask for financial proof, would this just be a bank statement or bank book showing a specific amount of funds in the account?

Thank you.

My current visa extension expires mid January. In the mean time, would it be possible for me to fly out of Thailand and come back in on a one month visa exempt & then apply for a 30 day extension at immigration? I'm returning to Australia in mid March so this would be perfect for me if i could do that.

Thanks.

The income should come from abroad to prove you are not working here.

Any sort of financial proof such as bank statements in English will be accepted.

How does that help? Immigration could assume that he works remotely from Thailand illegally.

An income from abroad only proves one thing: That he gets an income from abroad.

The income should come from abroad to prove you are not working here.

Any sort of financial proof such as bank statements in English will be accepted.

How does that help? Immigration could assume that he works remotely from Thailand illegally.

An income from abroad only proves one thing: That he gets an income from abroad.

Correct, and that is enough to satisfy the Thai consulate to issue a tourist visa.

Immigration is a separate entity and will normally honor the visa. Be reassured that "working remotely" is not something that Immigration will suspect or even cares about.