Oxford Forum

Mossfinn

And more high-profile players / managers have been involved with Oxford than many people realise - Mark Lawrenson's been mentioned, but also, very topically, Steve McClaren player-coached for us for a season or so before moving to Derby to join Jim Smith.

Absolutely Dan,

We actually kicked him off on his coaching career when he got injured playing for Oxford and couldn't continue as a professional player.

Good Luck

Moss

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A very important couple of days for Oxford, today at the Kazstad, sooner we change that name the better, although it is better than just the Kassam, I suppose.

Today at home to Northwich Victoria and on Monday away to a top of the table Weymouth, Oxford look to take 1200 fans, I believe this is one of their largest travelling crowds in their history.

Good Luck

Moss

I can't see us not going straight back up to be honest...

By all accounts this is historically very difficult to do, I believe only two clubs have achieved it, biy you really cannot bet against it on present form.

Monday will be a big tester.

Moss

6 minutes to go CALAMITY, own goal ( Gavin Johnson )Weymouth 1 Oxford 0

Last kick another Calamity but for us, collision in penalty area, a fine finish by Hargreaves, equalizes.

Awful game, Oxford even worse.

Final Score 1-1

Still Top

Moss

Top of the league - come on!

Absolutely, missed the game last night.

67 mins Hargreaves sent off

69 mins Odubade first goal

83 mins St albans equalise

84 mins Day scores winner

Clear Top at the moment, Smith shares MotM award.

Good Luck

Moss

Good to see Oxford top of the Conference (Centre) league

Well you would be happy to be on top of anything I suspect..even a dustbin

If you don't make it back into the football league next season..you will be welcomed at Reading to see some proper football, its not too far away I can give you directions

Let the flames begin!

PS. This is posted with the relevant tounge in cheek approach that you would adopt if things were the other way round...naturally..its what rivalry is all about

Sorry for lack of up-dates recently, been a little pre-occupied, which has allowed infiltraters into the thread with a little gloating :D

Another great mid-week win, 7th minute individual goal by Basham taking him above John Durnin in the all time goal scoring greats for Oxford.

Five points clear going into todays game against Gray's.

It has been the best start to the season for Fifty years, a time I believe that only TP can remember :o

TP, it is a long season in the premiership :D

Good Luck to all, including the lesser team in the Thames Valley Raiders :D

Moss

Good to see Oxford top of the Conference (Centre) league

Well you would be happy to be on top of anything I suspect..even a dustbin

If you don't make it back into the football league next season..you will be welcomed at Reading to see some proper football, its not too far away I can give you directions

Let the flames begin!

PS. This is posted with the relevant tongue in cheek approach that you would adopt if things were the other way round...naturally..its what rivalry is all about

Ha ha ha - just you wait, with Reading's obligatory two successive relegations and Oxford's two successive promotions, that means we'll meet in League One in two season's time - then we'll see which half of the "Thames Valley Royals" (remember that debacle?) really is the best!

Good luck against Sheffield Utd in 2 and a half hours time, by the way. Should be a good game...

Ah, right, that's what reminded me of it actually, didn't realise we were talking about the same thing though... typical example of the Maxwell madness that plagued that era of our club...

Not to mention the poor pensioners he defrauded.

Royals looking good in 7th spot :D

Was the draw with Grays a good game?......where is Greys?????? :o

typical example of the Maxwell madness that plagued that era of our club...

I always liked Cap't Bob, until he started going a little loopy, although I did give him a bit of a talking to again about the pensions thing when I spoke to him in Tel Aviv last week. :o

Moss

Oxford went six points clear in the week with a last gasp screamer from Day.

Away to Stafford today where the Yellows could make history, they may for the first time take as many supporters as the home team.

Duffy has to again deputise for the injured Robinson who may be out for up to 12 weeks.

Moss