Oxford Forum

Mossfinn

The U's have been on Sky TV this season? Didn't know they covered the Conference...

Yes, but have thrown away the report, but you do have me questioning myself now, it may well have happened in my alternative universe, but I certainly remember the reporter stating he got ready to enjoy watching the game.

Then went on to blast everything about the coverage, how they didn't show enough of the magnificent crowd, avoided the re-showing of bad tackles and of course his annoyance at the mis-pronounciation of Eddie's name.

But then again.........

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mon 18/09 19:30 Sky Sports 1 Crawley Town v Oxford Utd Conference

Just googled this, so my sanity survives for a few more minutes, by the way, to answer a previous post on a separate thread, I havn't watched it all the way thru either.

Moss

Anyone see the old timers game tonight?

Several Oxford players on view, Ray Houghton, Mark Lawrenson and the great John Durnin was on view, scored a great goal too.

I didn't know he played for Liverpool.

Highlight of the night? old JD being assaulted as he went thru on goal by old Danny McGrain, probably the best full back in U.K history, fantastic.

and the great John Durnin was on view, scored a great goal too.

I didn't know he played for Liverpool.

Oh Yes, good old "Johnny Lager" as he was affectionally known in Witney, played for Liverpool and then went to Pompey where he was quite sucessful.

But he was always "Trouble in Town" on a Saturday night, loved a scrap.

A good golfer too, he was a memeber at my club

Yeah, Oxford has quite a strong connection with Liverpool actually. I can think of the following players off the top of my head who've played or managed for both clubs:

John Durnin (Oxford signed him from Liverpool, just about the only time it's been this way round I think, i.e. Liverpool first and Oxford later)

John Aldridge

Ray Houghton

Dean Saunders

Mark Wright (has played for and managed Oxford - not much chance of him managing Liverpool though!)

Mark Lawrenson (Managed Oxford)

Mark Wright (has played for and managed Oxford - not much chance of him managing Liverpool though!)

Yes, I remember watching all these, but the one I remember most, believe it or not, was watching a young Wright making his debut and subsequent games.

He was literally head and shoulders above the rest in raw class, dominating the 18 yard box heading everything in sight.

Then went off to Southampton got beat up or arrested in somewhere exotic and a major bust up with laurie Mcm.

Can't quite remember, did he go Southampton>Liverpool or Liverpool> Southampton?

Guess memory is getting more hazy!!

Moss

Bit before my Time Moss

However, a great win last night, nine points clear, a return to the upper echelons is looming large even at this early stage.

Well I DID say that with the Bald Eagle as Manager you would go strait back up, and I hope you do.

You may get the chance to play SWINDON next year if they fail to win promotion....of course I wish them the very best of luck, but then I am a complete liar !!!!

Edited due to smelling pisstakes

Edited by ThaiPauly

The U's about to kick off at home to Altringham, looking for record sequences both for them and Conference regarding undefeated spells.

Brevett fails to shake off injury worries and Wilmott is suspended.

Day and Dempster come in.

Moss

1-1 final score.

Poor result poor finishing but finished off with a late diabolical penalty award to Altringham.

Matt Day scored with a 54th minute goal.

Still unbeaten but Altringham only had one shot off target and one shot on target and that was the penalty.

Shocking Game :o

Moss

• 3 weeks later...

Just catching up after a brief time away.....

I believe the boys beat Cambridge 3-0 away from home and then took out dag & Reds 1-0 in the cup after a Turley Penalty save.

Wycombe in the next round......... and still the only unbeaten team in the top five divisions.

Moss

It's away so could be a tough one.

Aldershot at home today: should cruise to victory there, although I remember when we were in the top division and they pulled off a giant killing against us and beat us 3-0 on the cup, hopefully that won't come back to haunt us...

Yes Moss...the U's should have it wrapped up by Xmas.

Good home win against ALDERSHOT :D

Unfortunatley Reading came unstuck again :D

Four defeats in a row now, but our opponents have been, Chelsea, Arsenal. Porsmouth and Liverpool...good to get those games out of the way..now we can get on with winning against Blackburn and Spurs. :o

Chok Dee

SWINDON LOST :D

Four defeats in a row now, but our opponents have been, Chelsea, Arsenal. Porsmouth and Liverpool...good to get those games out of the way..now we can get on with winning against Blackburn and Spurs. :o

Chok Dee

SWINDON LOST :D

Did notice Reading were dropping into the lower half, hadn't realised they had lost 4 in a row.

Will have to arrest that pretty soon, if you hit the quagmire before xmas it is a long hard slog to the end of the season.

always trust a good result from Swindon to give you a warm feeling when you need it. :D

Moss

Four defeats in a row now, but our opponents have been, Chelsea, Arsenal. Porsmouth and Liverpool...good to get those games out of the way..now we can get on with winning against Blackburn and Spurs. :D

Can't beat Portsmouth , then won't beat Spurs..... :o

:D

Four defeats in a row now, but our opponents have been, Chelsea, Arsenal. Porsmouth and Liverpool...good to get those games out of the way..now we can get on with winning against Blackburn and Spurs. :D

Can't beat Portsmouth , then won't beat Spurs..... :o

:D

Chon you thread hijacker you :D