Oxford Forum

Mossfinn

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wycombe in the next round......... and still the only unbeaten team in the top five divisions.

Moss

My uncle snagged me a ticket - I'll be there for that match. :o

Pretty lucky that, I'd say.

Only 100 tickets left at the moment and they havn't even gone on general sale.

Only season ticket holders at present and until the end of today.

Moss

A good little report in the mail today.

It was 20 years ago today that the boys stuffed United 2-0 in Fergusons first game in charge of MU.

Goals from Aldridge and Slatter, rememer him?

What a contrast now with the boys out of the league and MU top. :o

Moss

Briggsey was the star of that game. A collossus in defence that night, dealt with everything United could throw at them :D

Last time I saw him he was running a boozer on Church Green, Witney.

So where is Malcolm Shotton these days?

My ex-girlfreind used to be nanny to his Assistant Manager "Flapper" Harrison's kids, She told me of a big piss-up they had at his gaff once, when she got to work in the morning Arsenal's Steve Bould was spark out on the Sofa :o

Reality bites eh lads :o

Wycombe are a team to be reckoned with...and they inflicted your first defeat of the season upon you.

Wycombe Wanderers are a team with a GREAT history are they not? :D

Sorry,Cant help it...we just beat Spurs 3-1..gloat gloat :D

I was at the Manor 20 years ago ..exactly... when Spurs beat Oxford 3-2 in the First divison.

A Glen Hoddle inspired victory if my memory serves me well. I had some good freinds that were Spurs fans so I just went along for the fun.( Reading were divison 3 at this time.)..and rubbish, but you support who you support dont you?

You will have your work cut out to stay up ..as you will definatley be coming up, but fair play to you guys for staying loyal to your team...it would be so so easy to nip down the A40 to see some real classy football :D But you won't and I would not respect you if you did, you cannot change who you support ..you stick with it through thick and thin...and this is thin.....

good luck in your next Conference game.

PS..If you want me to but out I will..but I hope not...I have a soft spot for Oxford.....I HATE them less than Swindon :D Now we have to have some new enimies..Portsmouth for one. I dont like them and I HATE Harry Redknapp...he was supposed to come to a charity golf day I organised on behalf of CLICK (Cancer and Lukemia in Children)...I had sold tickets for Golf Club Secretaries to play in his foursome...but after writing to me to accept..he never showed..cost CLICK a lot of money ...Wank-r

From what I can gather TP, the boys put up a great fight, scored late on to equalize and then switched off and let Wycombe in to score with only minutes remaining.

It was almost a trip back to the slope at the Manor, ah to the think of the good old days :D

Oh, by the way TP

Now you can butt out :D

Good Luck

Moss

Well no match report, I was drinking a strongbow with dboy. :D

Seems my uncle isnt a season ticket holder, so alas he was attempting to get tickets for the match and it was a nonstarter. Tried to get tickets as a new Wycome supporter, but apparently need be one for a year??? :o Disappointing result, but spose Oxford can concentrate on getting back in the league now.

From what I can gather TP, the boys put up a great fight, scored late on to equalize and then switched off and let Wycombe in to score with only minutes remaining.

It was almost a trip back to the slope at the Manor, ah to the think of the good old days :D

Oh, by the way TP

Now you can butt out :D

Good Luck

Moss

Fair enough...

Good bye and thank you......maybee see you on the Swindon Forum........if there is such a thing :D

Good luck with the rest of your campaign...I am sure you will be back in the league next year. :D

It was nice looking back...you are a great bunch of lads....but as I have been sent off I will take it like a man :D

TP

It was nice looking back...you are a great bunch of lads....but as I have been sent off I will take it like a man :o

TP

Aww, C'mon TP, I was only joking. :D

Great to have other parties taking an interest in the forum, but if you set up a Swindon Thread I'll never forgive you. :D

Moss

Its a bit like the Park End Club Everyone knows where it is..but nobody wants to go there !!!

Park End Club, now that could have a thread all on its own.

It is many years since I have been there and have no intention of going back...........

Moss

Still top going into xmas, but unless Smith gets a grip soon, the wheels look like they are coming off :D

Moss

Hey Moss...what happened to that 9 point lead? :o I thought it was a done deal?

I have not seen you loosing many matches..is it too many draws and the other team behind you winning every game.?

Would not like to see you mess it up now, I really would'nt

so I don't see it being a problem to go straight back up...

Hope your right, but I have seen this dramatic loss of form before, including last season, they need to get the wheels back on sharpish.

The trouble is they are playing pretty awful at the moment and are lucky the chasers have slipped up recently too.

Not posting for a few weeks, see you in the New Year.

Good Luck

Moss