Oxford Forum

Mossfinn

Dire :o

In a bid to stop the more than dire recent results, Smith has brought in Martin Foster from Halifax to brighten up the midfield and Mickey Corcoran, a Northern Irish under 21 international comes into the defence.

Anaclet still getting a little stick, undoubted enthusiasm but ineffective with supplying crosse, similarly Brevett isn't a wing back so the call is for Smith to abandon the 3-5-2 system, we will see.

Home to Cambridge today.

Good Luck

Moss

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dire :o

In a bid to stop the more than dire recent results, Smith has brought in Martin Foster from Halifax to brighten up the midfield and Mickey Corcoran, a Northern Irish under 21 international comes into the defence.

Anaclet still getting a little stick, undoubted enthusiasm but ineffective with supplying crosse, similarly Brevett isn't a wing back so the call is for Smith to abandon the 3-5-2 system, we will see.

Home to Cambridge today.

Good Luck

Moss

1-1in the varsity match, no win for 9 games now! At least we scored though, and Anaclet must have relieved the stick a bit by scoring his first for the club. Still need a win though....

1-1in the varsity match, no win for 9 games now! At least we scored though, and Anaclet must have relieved the stick a bit by scoring his first for the club. Still need a win though....

I was going to say that your mate scored to relieve the stick, a good header apparently, but need to catch up properly.

I have been a little distracted with the Real game on at the moment, Rugby Union, now that is a sport and a half.

Good Luck

Moss

Was it when Aldershot beat us 3-0?

Spot on Dan, I thought it a little easy considering we are playing the Shots today.

The old report says Aldo just wasn't interested.

Shocking result considering that only a short time earlier we had beaten Man Utd 2-0 in Fergusons first game in charge.

Good Luck

Moss

Oxford again throw away a winning lead by conceding a late goal, 1-1 final score.

The only consolation being the Dags losing at home to Rushden, but had a fine away win 0-4 and Gravesend had an impressive 2-1 win against fellow challengers Morcambe.

Good Luck

Moss

Another quiz question, this is the first time an Oxford player has scored 20 goals in a season.

Who was the last?

Final Score 1-0.

Typo, should have read "this is the first time an Oxford player has scored 20 goals in a season for ** Years".

I will give a clue tomorrow.

Good Luck

Moss

Nope Dan, a little further back I believe.

It was 20 years ago, any help?

Having said it was a little further back this is certainly the case of Moody but Durnin I reckon was approx '88 to '93, so just a little further back.

Good Luck

Moss

Me too TP, a little scrappy but hey when you need the points you'll take them any way you can.

But you are also wrong on both counts.

Let me see, a clue.

I think this guy played for Forest but I will check.

Good Luck

Moss

Yes he did play for Forest, played for Oxford '96 to '98, played 68 times and scored 27 times.

Edited by Mossfinn

Nope Dan, a little further back I believe.

It was 20 years ago, any help?

Having said it was a little further back this is certainly the case of Moody but Durnin I reckon was approx '88 to '93, so just a little further back.

Good Luck

Moss

Total Tripe, sorry about that folks. :D

Nigel Jemson '96-97 & 23 goals

Paul Moody '94-95 & 24 goals

& '95-96 & 23 goals.

John Durnin '89-90 & 15 goals

So it was 10 years and not 20, sorry about that guys.

Good Luck

Moss

I promise to get the quiz questions right next time :o

3 wins out of 3 I think now...still some hope...just a pity the leaders keep winning all their games.

That Duffy bloke is sure on a scoring streak!

have you got to play them again home or away??

Here's one for you Moss.

Nine years ago when Oxford played Reading in the Championship there was a sit down demostration by the Reading fans in front of the team coach after the game. (Not by me I am above that sort of thing). They were calling for the head of the then Manager Terry Bullivant.

What was the score of that game and who were Oxford's management team at that time?

3 wins out of 3 I think now...still some hope...just a pity the leaders keep winning all their games.

That Duffy bloke is sure on a scoring streak!

have you got to play them again home or away??

Here's one for you Moss.

Nine years ago when Oxford played Reading in the Championship there was a sit down demostration by the Reading fans in front of the team coach after the game. (Not by me I am above that sort of thing). They were calling for the head of the then Manager Terry Bullivant.

What was the score of that game and who were Oxford's management team at that time?

Malcolm Shotton, I believe TP, but as for the score, I have no idea.

It was a turbulent time for both clubs at the time, both going thru managers like nine pins, the stadium fiasco and all sorts going on.

But as for the score, I just don't know.

Good Luck

Moss

Not turbulant for Oxford at that time Moss.

You are correct ...Shotton and "Flapper" Harrison were the management team.

The score was 3-0 Oxford and JB scored a peach of a goal...more the pity for us...but it did not really matter. We were relegated!!!

Not turbulant for Oxford at that time Moss.

You are correct ...Shotton and "Flapper" Harrison were the management team.

The score was 3-0 Oxford and JB scored a peach of a goal...more the pity for us...but it did not really matter. We were relegated!!!

From what I can remember TP it was certainly no Cake walk, the team absolutely hated Shotton, to the extent that there was rumours of some form of strike or walk-out, I think it was just pussy-footballers who didn't like the ideas of discipline.

However he got the same ending as Bullivant the following season

Good Luck

Moss

I couldn't remember Harrison though, that period brings back bad memories.

As i was just leaving to take the dogs for a walk, Anaclet scored the second. Final score 2-0.

It appears to now have been accredited as an own goal which is a shame.

The Dags win 4-1 though.

Good Luck

Moss

Oxford away to southport tonight, 2-2 last time at the Kassam, Duffy scoring both.

Must win tonight

Good Luck

Moss

A good win tonight I see Moss and gained a couple of points over Dag. :D

Certainly was DT and with a six-pointer still to come against the Dags, it aint over till the Bald Eagle Sings :o

Good Luck

Moss