Ubon Ratchathani: Farang horrified as shark leaps from tank

webfact

Loads of kids (including mine) tap on the tank side. Simple solution would be to put up a barrier at least 1 metre from the tank wall so that rug rats can't reach.

Same here. I saw a kid stick his hand and pretzel in the water one day to try and feed them. They should do something like what they have in Central Airport Plaza Chiang Mai.

post-103222-0-35480000-1419559785_thumb.

Dear All,

First of all, I have one question to all of you: "what would you do if it happens to your wife and two years old daughter"?

I ask that because I AM THE "Horrified Farang", the father of the kid who was "tapping the aquarium with a toy" and "damaged his baby carriage" J

I do not know who wrote the article in the "coconuts bangkok" but I want to make it clear:

The story is that I was at the 2nd floor of the Mall where I was buying the last Christmas presents for my family. Then I heard my wife and daughter screaming.

I didn't know what happened but I saw many people around the aquarium, the baby carriage on the floor, and my daughter and wife horrified. I went down and saw the "cute little shark" on the floor. My wife and kid were not injured, "just" shocked.

I then asked to see the people in charge of the aquarium and the security because people cared more for the "cute little shark" than my family.

I just wanted to tell them that hundreds of kids are playing around this pool everyday, it could happen again, so I told them they have to secure it... Fortunately in Ubon Central Plaza, there are not so many horrible Farang kids who are always willing to tap the pool... the sharks are safe J One funny thing is that I was also wondering why there were less skarks in the pool than a few weeks ago...

I didn’t ask anything else except something like… what the word… I forgot… Oh yes: SORRY! After a while they apologize and said they will do something to secure the aquarium.

Now they are talking about the CCTV footage, let me have a look… As far as my wife remembered, she and our daughter were sat, back to the aquarium. She heard a noise, received some water and felt the shark falling on her coasts, fortunately not on our kid.

Anyway… everybody is safe and my daughter is talking a lot about the “flying fish” J

Just one last thing about the word "Farang": even if she is French, my daughter is born in Ubon Ratchatani, she speaks E-san as she is going to a Lao school... And even if I am a Farang, I spoke (or tried to make me understand) only in Lao / E-san to the management yesterday :)

Regards to All,

A Farang FATHER horrified J

PS: I ask you again: what would you do if it happens to your wife and two years old daughter"?

Well as it appears that the shark was endangered by a member of the public, albeit a very young member, perhaps it might be a wise move to remove this''attraction'' altogether and return its captive creatures back into their own environment.

Oh silly me , no profit motive in that ideas is there.

Better still Thai parents should be taught how to look after destructive Children. I have seen kids running rampant and the parents don't take any notice.

The malls public relations blamed the shark jump incident on a child who was seen tapping the aquarium with a toy, scaring the cute little shark.

Yup, definitely the fault of those pesky children, they stopped just short of saying it was a foreign child, and for sure no issues with safety measures taken by the mall.

I was about to say that you have quite an imagination but that would imply some intelligent thinking. This post is just dumb, knee jerk thinking, drunk at the keyboard blather.