Ubon Ratchathani: Farang horrified as shark leaps from tank

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, definitely the fault of those pesky children, they stopped just short of saying it was a foreign child, and for sure no issues with safety measures taken by the mall.

Well as it appears that the shark was endangered by a member of the public, albeit a very young member, perhaps it might be a wise move to remove this''attraction'' altogether and return its captive

Poor shark was probably trying to commit suicide, which is what I would do if someone locked me up in one room for the rest of my life.

Posted Images

No doubt the shark is horrified at being in a tank in a shopping mall with a whole lot of gawky tourists, surely this is more news worthy...

I'm glad that the shark survived being poked by so many people.

Sadly Asia is about 500 years behind the curve when it comes to eradicating animal cruelty !

It's sadly most western countries are nanny state, only about laws and rules and regulation, and ofcourse the tax 30%++ so we can keep immigrants in our country. Just another quality faring that love to bashing

If the farang was horrified at this little shark...wait until he has to deal with a Thai loan shark...much more scary...

Agreed. I reckon he closest the farang,.and most poster, s here have been to a shark is in a fish and chip shop.

Apart of course the famed ex Navy SEALs, SAS, SWAT and CIA types who abound on TV and who would, no doubt, have had the Mall surrounded immediately and sent in the Special Forces to deal with said shark with extreme prejudice.

Assuming of course they weren't polishing their Zimmer frames and checking the air pressure in the tyres of their wheelchairs.

Still it's the thought that counts.

Bit like Christmas.....hope you all had a great one!!!

• Like 1

Well as it appears that the shark was endangered by a member of the public, albeit a very young member, perhaps it might be a wise move to remove this''attraction'' altogether and return its captive creatures back into their own environment.

Oh silly me , no profit motive in that ideas is there.

Its a free exhibit actually, but yeah, set them free anyway.

Loads of kids (including mine) tap on the tank side. Simple solution would be to put up a barrier at least 1 metre from the tank wall so that rug rats can't reach.

Look at that poor shark flipped over on the ground, I would like to see some arrest warrants for those kids, and confiscate that baby trolley as evidence. Keep it next to the high so cars Customs has taken.

The mall’s public relations blamed the shark jump incident on a child who was seen tapping the aquarium with a toy, scaring the cute little shark.

Yup, definitely the fault of those pesky children, they stopped just short of saying it was a foreign child, and for sure no issues with safety measures taken by the mall.

Off course no Thai would do such a terrible thing.... cheesy.gif

I was looking at that aquarium a couple of days ago noticed that two or three smaller sharks that were in it last time I looked a few months back are no longer there

Yes, sharks don't do well in aquariums. A world wide problem. You will notice a "turnover" of stock in most shark aquariums.