Sunderland Forum

Sunderland

eh Sunderland mate, have you seen anything of Toadie or scousemouse ??? I'm trying to find out if we're all still on this coming Sunday for the footy night? :o

I'm back :D . Think Sunderland is in Dubai looking for retired Manu Utd players, and Scouse is probably out nicking wheels from cars :D

Oh shit, I've now bumped this thread. I suppose it's the only time that Sunderland will get close to being nearing the top.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUNDERLAND ECHO DISASTER APPEAL

As you are probably aware a massive earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale struck Sunderland in the early hours. At the epicenter in Pennywell, victims were seen roaming around aimlessly muttering "wheeys keeys are theese". The earthquake decimated the entire area causing about 30 quid worth of damage. Several priceless collections of ashtrays from the Balearics and Tenerife were damaged beyond repair.

Three historic areas of burnt out cars, some over seven years old were disturbed. Many locals were awoken before their Giro's arrived. The Sunderland Echo reported that hundreds of locals were confused, bewildered and still trying to come to terms with the loss of Ladbrokes. One resident a Miss Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of six said "It was a shock to my little Chardonnay Mercedes. She came into my room crying and put me and Winston off our stroke but my youngest two Tyler Morgan and Brooklyn Romeo Rainbow luckily slept through it all. I was still shaking whilst watching Trisha the next day".

Apparently looting, mugging and car crime did carry on as normal. The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4000 crates of lager into the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have recovered large amounts of belongings including Benefit Books, jewellery by Elizabeth Duke at Argos and finest bone china from Mad Harry's.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothes parcels for those caught up in the disaster. Clothing is urgently needed and amongst the most sought after items are;

· Fila or Burberry Baseball Caps

· Kappa Tracksuit Tops (his and hers)

· Adidas Trackie Bottoms 3/4 length,

· White Socks

· Rockport Boots

· and anything else from the Donnay shop

Food parcels must take into consideration local tastes and should include Micro Meals, Pot Noodles, Baked Beanz, Super Noodles, Sausage Rolls and Greggs pasties for the babies. Special brew or Thunderbird would also be gratefully received.

Every little helps. Remember:

· 22p buys a biro to help fill in a compensation form

· £2.00 buys chips with curry and blue Panda pop for a family of nine

· £5.00 buys 20 B&H and a box of Swan Vestas to calm the nerves of a grieving ten year old

Please don't send tents for shelter as the sight of posh accommodation is unfair on the residents of Hendon and Southwick.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

As you are probably aware a massive earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale struck Sunderland in the early hours. At the epicenter in Pennywell, victims were seen roaming around aimlessly muttering "wheeys keeys are theese". The earthquake decimated the entire area causing about 30 quid worth of damage. Several priceless collections of ashtrays from the Balearics and Tenerife were damaged beyond repair.

Three historic areas of burnt out cars, some over seven years old were disturbed. Many locals were awoken before their Giro's arrived. The Sunderland Echo reported that hundreds of locals were confused, bewildered and still trying to come to terms with the loss of Ladbrokes. One resident a Miss Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of six said "It was a shock to my little Chardonnay Mercedes. She came into my room crying and put me and Winston off our stroke but my youngest two Tyler Morgan and Brooklyn Romeo Rainbow luckily slept through it all. I was still shaking whilst watching Trisha the next day".

Apparently looting, mugging and car crime did carry on as normal. The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4000 crates of lager into the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have recovered large amounts of belongings including Benefit Books, jewellery by Elizabeth Duke at Argos and finest bone china from Mad Harry's.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothes parcels for those caught up in the disaster. Clothing is urgently needed and amongst the most sought after items are;

· White Socks

· Rockport Boots

Food parcels must take into consideration local tastes and should include Micro Meals, Pot Noodles, Baked Beanz, Super Noodles, Sausage Rolls and Greggs pasties for the babies. Special brew or Thunderbird would also be gratefully received.

· £5.00 buys 20 B&H and a box of Swan Vestas to calm the nerves of a grieving ten year old

Please don't send tents for shelter as the sight of posh accommodation is unfair on the residents of Hendon and Southwick.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

:o:D

• 2 weeks later...
Is this a good thing ??? :o:D:D :

Sunderland players have their wages cut the lower down the Premier League they drop, chairman Niall Quinn has revealed. (Times)

Think the fans should have a whip round for those poor players :D

Is this a good thing ??? :o:D:D :

Sunderland players have their wages cut the lower down the Premier League they drop, chairman Niall Quinn has revealed. (Times)

Think the fans should have a whip round for those poor players :D

Another example of Niall Quinn having his head screwed on the right way. My dad and I had this conversation many years ago and came to the conclusion that any team would improve if its players had to work hard to be rewarded. As it's now a business rather than a sporting game, footballers should be accountable for their performances too. If they are not up to scratch, then they should not be paid obscene amounts of money. If all supporters could see this, the future of the game would be in a much better state of affairs.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

· White Socks

· Rockport Boots

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

:o:D

Greggs' pasties are very good. Much better than the Cornish ones!

[

Greggs' pasties are very good. Much better than the Cornish ones!

:o

Seriously, Ivor Dewdneys at Plymouth are the <deleted> in the football league, but the best are the pasties at Hayle FC - Warrens. BTW Wayne Quinn ex Sheff Utd and Newcastle has been playing for them for the last couple of seasons. Long story, which I can't be bothered to elaborate on tonight.

• 1 month later...

Sunderland to coast to an easy win at Everton today, or pigs might fly.

Skipper Dean Whitehead back in the side after 3 months out. Hopefully that will consign Agadododo Etuhu to the sidelines. One of the worst passers of a ball ever to play in the Premier League.

Ha'way the lads!!

I hope you've got the platinum package suderland mate , it seems evey game ( when not against the big 4 or the skunks ) they play is on that channel .

I was hoping you lot were going to beat the blue sh#te but I've just seen Cahill has made it 2-0 :D .

I'm turning back over to the gold package channels :o .

I hope you've got the platinum package suderland mate , it seems evey game ( when not against the big 4 or the skunks ) they play is on that channel .

I was hoping you lot were going to beat the blue sh#te but I've just seen Cahill has made it 2-0 :D .

It's now six, me thinks this thrad is going to be quiet, unless the Leeds fans get in here and start taking the P!ss.

It's now six, me thinks this thrad is going to be quiet, unless the Leeds fans get in here and start taking the P!ss.

a bit quieter ... it's now 7 :D

Everton 7 Sunderland 1

Yes, I have the Platinum package which is a blessing on days like this. Very entertaining game. Should really have been 10-2, but Chopra missed a sitter and Gordon made some outstanding saves. Other than that, Everton were very poor. Bring on Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United. We'll beat you all!!

:D

Edited by Sunderland

Everton 7 Sunderland 1

Yes, I have the Platinum package which is a blessing on days like this. Very entertaining game. Should really have been 10-2, but Chopra missed a sitter and Gordon made some outstanding saves. Other than that, Everton were very poor. Bring on Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United. We'll beat you all!!

Your defence played like schoolgirls on the blob , what's the story ???? :D

Everton 7 Sunderland 1

:D:D

I bet you opened a bottle of Chang during that game :D

Everton 7 Sunderland 1

:D:D

I bet you opened a bottle of Chang during that game :D

As the 7th went in I smashed one on the floor and cut my wrists. Don't call anyone ... I want to be left to die in peace. I can't take the pain anymore.

Today Sunderland did a Sunderland!!

what's the story ???? :o

Moysie is a tactical genius, that's what :D

YOU would still have thrashed us.

<deleted> off. I'm a Red and I was being irononical.

Cheers. :D

Blue Scouser, Red Scouser ... same same :D

Actually, I have to admit a soft spot for Sunderland. This was once severely tested by a game in the pissing rain at Wigan (probably almost 20 years ago, 88?) when a lot of the travelling support took off their shirts to do mudlslides down the (terracing / mudbank). (Typical Geordie behviour). But subsequent experiences by my brother and brother-in-law helped restore some faith.

Looks like that big fat turd that you deposited on the Leeds forum needs some re-positioning :o

Still your ONE BIG consolation is that you have DERBY at home next week, have they scored 7 all season? If you cant beat them.....

You could be going down with them (IMHO) :D

I would be very happy with a draw :D

Looks like that big fat turd that you deposited on the Leeds forum needs some re-positioning :o

Still your ONE BIG consolation is that you have DERBY at home next week, have they scored 7 all season? If you cant beat them.....

You could be going down with them (IMHO) :D

I would be very happy with a draw :D

If we go down (possible) then there's a strong possibility that Middlesbrough and Newcastle will go down too. All three NE teams were absolute cack yesterday. I have to say that despite the scoreline Newcastle were flattered by their 3-0 loss. They created absolutely nothing and could have lost by 7, 8 or 9 if Torres had had his boots on the right way round.

Sunderland on the other hand had their moments and did give Everton a few problems, but when you leave the door wide open , don't be surprised when someone breaks in and trashes your home! That's just what happened to Sunderland yesterday. On yesterday's performance I would say that we looked like strong candidates for relegation. Perhaps we will even beat our lowest Premiership points record too. :D

If we go down (possible) then there's a strong possibility that Middlesbrough and Newcastle will go down too. All three NE teams were absolute cack yesterday. I have to say that despite the scoreline Newcastle were flattered by their 3-0 loss. They created absolutely nothing and could have lost by 7, 8 or 9 if Torres had had his boots on the right way round.

Much as you'd love Newcastle to go down, they won't. Luckily they have 18 points on the board already and I'm pretty confident that they could scape at least another 6 wins in their last 25 games. I agree that Newcastle could have lost 7-0 yesterday. If they did there would have been no complaints.

As for Boro, they are really stuggling. There looked like there were more empty seats than full ones at their game against Villa. Villa are not a bad team but nobody in the EPL should be losing 3-0 at home to them.

Much as you'd love Newcastle to go down, they won't. Luckily they have 18 points on the board already and I'm pretty confident that they could scape at least another 6 wins in their last 25 games. I agree that Newcastle could have lost 7-0 yesterday. If they did there would have been no complaints.

As for Boro, they are really stuggling. There looked like there were more empty seats than full ones at their game against Villa. Villa are not a bad team but nobody in the EPL should be losing 3-0 at home to them.

This sums up the displays of all three NE teams yesterday.

post-18153-1195972695_thumb.jpg

When fans of various teams crow about how big their support (average attendance) is, that's all well and good but it doesn't earn you any points. If it did then Newcastle would be in a European Champions League place!!

1 Manchester United (2) 75627

2 Arsenal (1) 60034

3 Newcastle United (11) 50996

4 Liverpool (5) 43899

5 Sunderland (18) 42872

6 Manchester City (3) 42190

7 Chelsea (4) 41584

8 Aston Villa (7) 40950

9 Everton (8) 36874

10 Tottenham Hotspur (14) 35842

11 West Ham United (10) 34469

12 Derby County (20) 32298

13 Middlesbrough (17) 26393

14 Birmingham City (16) 25828

15 Blackburn Rovers (9) 23346

16 Reading (12) 23284

17 Fulham (13) 22310

18 Bolton Wanderers (15) 20749

19 Portsmouth (6) 6 19694

20 Wigan Athletic (19) 18439

Yes the top two NE teams remain the country's big underachievers.

Edited by Sunderland

As a Leeds fan, I would like to offer my condolences to all Sunderland fans. Notwithstanding the OP's jibes at us on the Leeds threads, I have a lot of time for fans of clubs who - like Leeds - deserve so much better. And I include Sunderland and Newcastle in that group.

The only pleasure I see in this is seeing Roy Keane's glaring tactical naievity being exposed. Git.

As a Leeds fan, I would like to offer my condolences to all Sunderland fans. Notwithstanding the OP's jibes at us on the Leeds threads, I have a lot of time for fans of clubs who - like Leeds - deserve so much better. And I include Sunderland and Newcastle in that group.

The only pleasure I see in this is seeing Roy Keane's glaring tactical naievity being exposed. Git.

Sorry. I don't buy into any of that. And yes we still hate you.