New Zealand man charged for drug dealing in Phuket

webfact

Christmas Eve in Phuket – and the drug busts keep coming
Saran Mitrarat

1419503527_1-org.jpg
Kiwi Taylor Grainge with his drugs.

PHUKET: Police arrested 12 men, including one foreigner, last night (December 24) in Kathu for possession of drugs.

New Zealand native Taylor Grainge, 41, was also arrested after he was found in possession of 1.25 grams of ya ice and .95 grams of cocaine.

Mr Grainge has been charged with possession of Category 1 and Category 2 narcotics with intent to sell.

Another 11 men were arrested while picking up small packages at the Patong Post Office. Each package contained fresh kratom leaves. In total, police seized a total of 30.5 kilograms of kratom leaves.

The men were identified as Asami Tayoh 24, Natsaree Tayoh 22, Adnan Waresamaair 28, Amaran Malazhair 26, Hafis Danor 26, Zhukifli Hayeedaoh 20, Zhohparon Samoh 20, Arfan Uzeng 25, Arzawan Johzoh 25, Issamaiar Hamu 26 and Arthit Ma’air 21. All of the men have been charged with Category 5 drug possession.

All 12 were taken to the Kathu Police Station for processing.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/christmas-eve-in-phuket-and-the-drug-busts-keep-coming-50311.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-26

The Guy obviously have a sense of humor, he is pointing at the bags!cheesy.gif

The officers should point at him just to make it clear that he is the perk.

And why do they always put the phone among the evidence?

Edited by AlQaholic

So which one is the category 2 drug? They both should be category 1. Also, I thought I read an article here a while back that said Kratom is legal again?!

No Kratom is still illegal. However there was a move last year to take it off the illegal drugs list, but then the coup happened and all stopped.

Can anyone guess the nationality of the other 11 arrested? From the names I would guess Albania.

Definitely not Africans as those names would be something like Ubutu Maboto, Ongolo Bongolo, Gulu Washington, Mbebe Mobolo or something like that. And if they where Middle eastern they would all be Mohammad and Abdulla. I do not think Malaysia or Indonesia or southern Thai as there should in that case be some with only one name (many people in those countries still go by one name).

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 2

What a joke, obviously didn't have 20k to go home.

What they should be doing and the know it, is looking in to how easy it is to get hold of it.

It's everywhere, and readily you get asked " Hey brother " from a random Norwegian dude on the street all the time, in facet I can;t even walk down sukhumvit post terminal wiht out been asked if Im looking for something.

Why is it so easy... Makes me want to punch police officers in the face. Blatant Corruption is just to over the top.

This would directly relate to Koh Tao mafia and strong men right at it's core.

• Like 2

No matter how many stories, no matter how many shows yet some brain dead foreigners still think they can beat the system .

Is it really so hard to understand that as a foreigner your suppliers and buyers and even "friends" will give you up without a second of thought

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No dealer, he was just about to have a good night.

Rubbish. Police were informed of his dealings and then proceeded to arrest and search him.

The Thai police can say and do what they want and its not the justice system of the west, but where is the proof that he had intent to sell with such small amount, but charging someone here seems to be based more on suspicion. I mean hell, you can get charged with possession for merely failing a test

Can anyone guess the nationality of the other 11 arrested? From the names I would guess Albania.

They are Malay-type names - Malaysia and southern Thailand. There might be Indonesians in there.

Homing in more: At least one of the names is definitely Thai. I'd not risk a bet but I'd guess just from context as well as the actual names that all 10 others also are Thai citizens.

The Thai police can say and do what they want and its not the justice system of the west, but where is the proof that he had intent to sell with such small amount, but charging someone here seems to be based more on suspicion. I mean hell, you can get charged with possession for merely failing a test

As in all such drug cases in every civilised country, the "intent to traffic" comes from the amount of drugs, the assortment of drugs, the packaging of drugs and so on. The police have no say in what the charges are, it is scrupulously laid down in the anti-drug laws. Also, the police don't have to prove anything, that happens in the courts where the prosecutor has to prove it, and the police are mere witnesses.

I'm presuming, but it seems the main evidence used to lay trafficking charges against this man was the variety of drugs, as well as the packaging, i.e. the small envelopes seem designed specifically for hand-to-hand street sales.

Edited by wandasloan

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So which one is the category 2 drug? They both should be category 1. Also, I thought I read an article here a while back that said Kratom is legal again?!

No Kratom is still illegal. However there was a move last year to take it off the illegal drugs list, but then the coup happened and all stopped.

Definitely not Africans as those names would be something like Ubutu Maboto, Ongolo Bongolo, Gulu Washington, Mbebe Mobolo or something like that. And if they where Middle eastern they would all be Mohammad and Abdulla. I do not think Malaysia or Indonesia or southern Thai as there should in that case be some with only one name (many people in those countries still go by one name).

I was going to say mostly Malaysian names too, but then I looked at some examples of Albanian names and some of those names looked quite similar. Even though they speak languages very very different from each other, perhaps part of the fact is Albania is like 80% muslim I think

Dealing? He won't make much with that amount! Seriously, he probably just picked that up for himself or a group of mates going out for the night. What a waste of taxpayer's money. Meanwhile, guys are openly drug dealing in front of the police on Sukhumvit road (the stretch between Nana and Asok).

Kratom leaves?? Are you f'ing kidding me? It's a tree that grows on Mother Nature's earth. You can't make a tree illegal. Meanwhile, thousands died yesterday from alcohol poisoning, drink driving and alcohol related violence - but that's a legal substance. What complete idiots we are. Who is making the rules and why are we letting them?

• Like 2

. Meanwhile, guys are openly drug dealing in front of the police on Sukhumvit road (the stretch between Nana and Asok).

Did not realize that, or was any time asked if I want something.

I regular stay in this area and I am, during different, day-night times around.

See only some colored guys there. Do not know what they do, sale.blink.png

Know, what the colored women there sale, wink.png