New Zealand man charged for drug dealing in Phuket

webfact

Not a dealer a very good friend of mine, was literally leaving for HK that day, and yes, likes to party, but retired , doesn't harm anyone.

Who do i contact to get him out of the slammer?

He is harming himself by ingesting these toxic substances.

If you show up at the police station trying to bail him out will only bring unwanted attention upon yourself.

Let him deal with it himself. If he is 41 and retired then he is cashed up, he can pay his own way out.

Millenial did mention that he is a very good friend. Good friends look out for each other. Perhaps this is too difficult for you to comprehend with your let em rot attitude.
Good friends don't let friends do drugs.

That's why I suggested to not show his face at the police station, they might piss test him seeing they are friends.

I personally do not do drugs, nor would i like to see him "rot" as you state.

I am outside of thai ( i left on 24th) , my friend was leaving thai for hk the same day.

ive just landed and logged on to fb and its all over the news, - i enquired as every phone number i have contacted is not working.

I personally do not do drugs, nor would i like to see him "rot" as you state.

I am outside of thai ( i left on 24th) , my friend was leaving thai for hk the same day.

ive just landed and logged on to fb and its all over the news, - i enquired as every phone number i have contacted is not working.

Never said let him rot.

I just suggested let him pay his own way out. He is a big boy who knew the risks of being caught with drugs in south east Asia surely unless he has been in a drug induced stupor all his life.

A 41 year old retiree should be cashed up so it shouldn't be a problem but it could be too late for that.

So which one is the category 2 drug? They both should be category 1. Also, I thought I read an article here a while back that said Kratom is legal again?!

No Kratom is still illegal. However there was a move last year to take it off the illegal drugs list, but then the coup happened and all stopped.

Can anyone guess the nationality of the other 11 arrested? From the names I would guess Albania.

Definitely not Africans as those names would be something like Ubutu Maboto, Ongolo Bongolo, Gulu Washington, Mbebe Mobolo or something like that. And if they where Middle eastern they would all be Mohammad and Abdulla. I do not think Malaysia or Indonesia or southern Thai as there should in that case be some with only one name (many people in those countries still go by one name).

I googled the origin of the names; Malay is the common denominator

A gram of each? He was probably on his way out for the night to Nikki beach or somewhere with his little bit of "stay awake stuff" in his pocket! He'd have to be the most rubbish "dealer" ever if he thought he'd make money with a gram of ya-ba and a gram of coke! The police would have to be the most rubbish police to believe the same too!!

• Like 1

No dealer, he was just about to have a good night.

Rubbish. Police were informed of his dealings and then proceeded to arrest and search him.

And i can assure you rubbish, he is not a dealer!

Police charges say otherwise and that's all that matters now.

If you lay down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas.

Rubbish. Police were informed of his dealings and then proceeded to arrest and search him.

Where are you seeing these charges as all that is stated.

"New Zealand native Taylor Grainge, 41, was also arrested after he was found in possession of 1.25 grams of ya ice and .95 grams of cocaine.

Mr Grainge has been charged with possession of Category 1 and Category 2 narcotics with intent to sell."

Not a dealer a very good friend of mine, was literally leaving for HK that day, and yes, likes to party, but retired , doesn't harm anyone.

"Likes to party"..you realise you just grassed him up? The Thai Police monitor this website. You might has well have just gone down to the police station and told them he enjoys taking drugs.

"Likes to party"..you realise you just grassed him up? The Thai Police monitor this website. You might has well have just gone down to the police station and told them he enjoys taking drugs.

Likes to party = patong, drinks girls.

the rest is a figment of your wild imagination.

• Like 2

"New Zealand native Taylor Grainge, 41, was also arrested after he was found in possession of 1.25 grams of ya ice and .95 grams of cocaine.

Mr Grainge has been charged with possession of Category 1 and Category 2 narcotics with intent to sell."

Answered your own question.

With intent to sell aka dealer.

He will have his day in court but I suggest he just plead guilty as it halves the sentence automatically.

Too late to pay his way out and I'm sure he hasn't got anyone to grass on to reduce his sentence so it's the big house for him and inevitably blacklisted upon his release and deported.

All because he likes to party. What a winner.

The problem is it has got a lot of publicity. I doubt anything can be done discreetly now. I would hazard a guess and reckon he will probably do a month in jail and then have to go to rehab. Thats if he gets done for possession. If they do him for dealing then he will be doing a few years, not a few months

• Like 1

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Kiwi-charged-drug-dealing-Phuket/42866#ad-image-0

"

“We put a sting operation in motion after learning that Mr Grainge was selling drugs in the area. When we arrived at the meeting point, we presented our badges and searched him,” Lt Col Khunnadet told the Phuket Gazette."

Edited by hansgruber

“We put a sting operation in motion after learning that Mr Grainge was selling drugs in the area. When we arrived at the meeting point, we presented our badges and searched him,” Lt Col Khunnadet told the Phuket Gazette."

Doesnt matter how much dope there was, its illigal. Mess with dope in Asia then your playing with fire. This is Thailand, the Thais will do what they want, call it dealing if they want, lock him up if they want, and extort as much info and money as they can get, if they want. Bad luck for him and any other fool that messes with drugs around here I guess.

• Like 1

Illegal drugs are an absolute menace. I was encouraged way back in the early 1960's to smoke 'reefers'.

Sensibly I resisted. Most of my peer group who succumbed moved on to more lethal substances and died at a early age

Zero tolerance is the only answer.

I know I'm a boring individual but there seems to be so many other ways available to enjoy a legal high

Illegal drugs are an absolute menace. I was encouraged way back in the early 1960's to smoke 'reefers'.

Sensibly I resisted. Most of my peer group who succumbed moved on to more lethal substances and died at a early age

I know I'm a boring individual but there seems to be so many other ways available to enjoy a legal high

The only reason that your peer group tried stronger drugs is because reefers were illegal. Marijuana is much safer than some legal drugs like alcohol or valium etc.

• Like 1

Not a dealer , was literally leaving for HK that day, and yes, likes to party, but retired , doesn't harm anyone.

He is harming himself by ingesting these toxic substances.

If you show up at the police station trying to bail him out will only bring unwanted attention upon yourself.

Let him deal with it himself.

If he is 41 and retired then he is cashed up, he can pay his own way out.

-Millenial- "a very good friend of mine" - "get him out of the slammer"

-hansgruber- "If you show up at the police station trying to bail him out will only bring unwanted attention upon yourself.

Let him deal with it himself. "

-Hans- You and me, seem to have a very different attitude regarding, what -friend- and friendship is. bah.gif

Any friend who reacts same you, is max. "a known" blink.png

I had a rough time in the last (nearly) 2 years and know now better than ever, who is a "friend" and who are the "known".whistling.gif

So which one is the category 2 drug? They both should be category 1. Also, I thought I read an article here a while back that said Kratom is legal again?!

No Kratom is still illegal. However there was a move last year to take it off the illegal drugs list, but then the coup happened and all stopped.

Can anyone guess the nationality of the other 11 arrested? From the names I would guess Albania.

Definitely not Africans as those names would be something like Ubutu Maboto, Ongolo Bongolo, Gulu Washington, Mbebe Mobolo or something like that. And if they where Middle eastern they would all be Mohammad and Abdulla. I do not think Malaysia or Indonesia or southern Thai as there should in that case be some with only one name (many people in those countries still go by one name).

The 11 guys collecting packages of Kratom leaves are probably Burmese. The names certainly look like it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and you must be being absolutely tongue in cheek, because if not, you belong back in the 1920's, i mean who the hell calls it
"reefers" anyway, jeesh..

and yes alcohol is a legal high, that can be enjoyed for example but arguably could be classified as one of the more dangerous drugs

but alas, we must watch out for those awful reefers....

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and you must be being absolutely tongue in cheek, because if not, you belong back in the 1920's, i mean who the hell calls it

"reefers" anyway, jeesh..

and yes alcohol is a legal high, that can be enjoyed for example but arguably could be classified as one of the more dangerous drugs

but alas, we must watch out for those awful reefers....

beware the evil reeferman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Azf320JDdqU#t=11

Everyone wanted it to be legal except the ministry of public health and the foreign pharma companies that ...ahem... pay their wages

Another desperate clinging on to stay in this so called paradise.

Many more just like him wandering around.

Yes indeed such an enormous amount now off the streets...
The dealer off the streets is more important than the amount seized.

Yeah sure the perp could have snorted this much and not felt a thing cuz not enough to get a fly high but hey its off the streets. wake up wake up yourwhistling.gif in a dream land.annoyed.gif

• Like 1

Another desperate clinging on to stay in this so called paradise.

Many more just like him wandering around.

Yes indeed such an enormous amount now off the streets...
The dealer off the streets is more important than the amount seized.

Yeah sure the perp could have snorted this much and not felt a thing cuz not enough to get a fly high but hey its off the streets. wake up wake up yourwhistling.gif in a dream land.annoyed.gif
He is a dealer. The amount found was what he was meeting police to sell.

They obviously didn't find his stash.

Please learn the details of the case before commenting.

Edited by hansgruber