Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

The extreme measures from Thai authorities to make this case go away, makes you wonder, who are they really protecting??

Must be someone very high in the food chain!!

Yes they are protecting the headman on the island of course , and I'm sure the PM also is involved in this. They are all protecting each other . Because they are Thais and corrupted people. Lets all think the worst .

Edited by balo

balo post #61.

Yes they are protecting the headman on the island of course , and I'm sure the PM also is involved in this. They are all protecting each other . Because they are Thais and corrupted people. Lets all think the worst .

Excellent post.

You have encapsulated the situation succinctly, see below.

There's many a true word spoken in jest.
something that you say when you think that something someone has said as a joke may really be true or become true

The extreme measures from Thai authorities to make this case go away, makes you wonder, who are they really protecting??

Yes the PM is indeed involved!!

He praised the RTP for their excellent "investigative" work. After the worst investigation the world had ever seen!!

My personal (conspiracy?) theory is, that they are protecting the cashflow from the very lucrative drug business on the islands.

Somehow "the investor" has to finance his SET investments!!

And you don't do that on a police salary. (Oh sorry, I forgot "the rich wife')

• Like 1

A defence lawyer had earlier made a request to the court, asking for extra statements from more than 15 Myanmar workers on the tourist island included as defence witnesses. It said they earlier had fears for their lives if they gave statements to the Thai police while in Thailand.

But this request was turned down by the court, on grounds that all existing witnesses were already on the lists, including 60 people on the public prosecutors' list who are local police, forensic police personnel and footage from surveillance cameras, a court source said.

Can this be true? They were denied because police had enough witness that willing to collaborate with their version and will not allow others to discredit them? And the court allowed this to happen? It just doesn't sound fair. And what is the prospect of more witnesses coming out to give testimony during the trial, will the defense be able to use them?

I wonder sometimes if I can ever rely on the news media to report the news properly.

yeh I don't get this either, the defence cannot build their own case and call on their own witnesses to defend - how twisted is that

• Like 1

I believe this is an effort to have people watching this circus lose interest.

I believe you are wrong. I believe that there is too much evidence for them to sweep under the carpet. I believe there are going to be some very upset (and butt hurt - literally) local boys. I believe that this is coming out in the wash. I believe that they are in an impossible position, and no amount of lies and deceit and money can cover it up.... that's what I believe. Yippee.

I said they are making an effort for people to lose interest. Whether they succeed is up to you and me.

Just great.

Another 6 months of conspiracy theories about how these two are innocent.

Spare a thought for the parents of the victims who probally like nothing more than the whole thing to be over and done with.

The British police have had ample time to at least make some statement on their findings and how long does the defence need to get their act together.

The whole episode is a shambles for both the accused and the victims and their families.

Well, it was rushed forward originally to (try to) get it over and done with before January 6th (I think it was) when the UK Police release their findings/decisions(?).

To answer your question Mr unable to talk properly, the defense needs more than the (less than) 1-2 weeks they got when the trial was suddenly rushed forward considering the prosecutions "evidence" hadn't even been supplied to them at the time it was brought forward.

What you're seeing now (I believe) is a sea change from the top down, and some people are going to be left out to dry on this one and I'm not talking about the Burmese guys.

You think people who have real power going to remind those who think they have or once had power that the game is over and maybe something that resembles justice will prevail? Hope so.

Nope, it's not that at all. And "justice" doesn't exist here, not in the true sense of the word.

On first reading this I thought, ha, theres a great one to take the wind out of the sails of the conspiracy theorists and Thai bashers. On further thought, that will never be the case. The CT and TVTB's agenda is not based on facts or due process, it is based on prejudice and bias. They will never be satisfied.

• Like 1

Funnily enough Myanmar didn't seem to be interested in defending this guys that murdered an Australian a few years ago, or these guys a few months ago, or "(Burmese) Friend stabs buddy over 5 baht" (BP article), or this other guy that recently murdered his roommate, or this gang of Burmese men that stabbed a Thai to death, or... well, you get the idea, nobody claimed Myanmar was responsible for any of those, and the Myanmar government didn't step in as it did now.

"Now about Thailand sending a message of being fair, but postponing the trial for 7 months so that they can prove the 2 guilt."

From the OP:

"The defense requested that the case be postponed because they had had inadequate time to prepare."

No they didn't defend the accused in the cases you mentioned, because they believed they were guilty!!

So if the Myanmar government in this case are sticking out their neck and challenging Bigbrother Thailand it is probably because they believe (have evidence?) that the B2 are indeed innocent!!

As for your highlighted part, Yes the defense did indeed ask for a postponement, because all the prosecutors material had been kept from them pre first court day.

But they didn't ask for 8-9 months!! The judge clearly making a statement!!

So the defense have this evidence that prove they are innocent, why did they ask for a postponement then? Why not showing the evidence?

My guess is, they don't have evidence that proves the two Burmese men are innocent and they just want to drag the case on.

• Like 1

Just great.

Another 6 months of conspiracy theories about how these two are innocent.

Spare a thought for the parents of the victims who probally like nothing more than the whole thing to be over and done with.

The British police have had ample time to at least make some statement on their findings and how long does the defence need to get their act together.

The whole episode is a shambles for both the accused and the victims and their families.

There many reports, we do not know what is absolutely true or fiction from the British end. It seems that the families may well just want this nightmare to be out of their lives remembering their children as they were. It may be they are not interested in knowing the full truth. To me, this case is no longer about who did it. It is now more about not allowing two innocent boys to lose their lives. The families of the victims really in due respect should be left to their privacy. This is no longer anything to do with them. The families of the accused need to be supported until such time as irrefutable evidence of guilt comes to light. So far, I have not seen such evidence.

Unless you were an eyewitness I feel yuor comments are ill advised one of the victims could also have been a perpetrator, let us wait and see, The British Police while not perfect can hardly be as incompetent as the original investigation of the destroyed crime scene.Privacy and heabeus corpus is for the innocent and although it basically a lawless jungle internet forensics may assist.

What? ??since there are only 2 victims . you are saying either hannah helped to hurt David or David helped to hurt hannah.

Crazier and crazier.

I really feel sorry for the parents of Hannah and David.

First the screw-up by the RTP and now this parody of a "juridical" system.

Hope they are able to find closure on their own.

JOC - no need to feel sorry for parents who claim they are satisfied with the police work performed during the investigation just for the sake of getting closure, ridden out on the back of innocent patsies. Ever since reading that statement I have no respect and no sympathy for them anymore, sorry!

Here a brief list of what their parents are satisfied with:

1) RTP allowing bystanders and prime suspects to trample about and invade the crime scene.

2) RTP completely ignoring tell-tale findings such as:

a) Shallow stab wounds at David's head and shoulder (concentrating on right hand side, implicating a left handed attacker of similar height)

b ) Bone fragment, tooth fragment, brain matter and blood splatter in a circular pattern on the rocks behind Hannah, implicating an execution style, close range gun shot to the forehead while she was seated, to later be covered up by smashing her head with the garden hoe.

c) No DNA samples taken from under Hannah's fingernails (correct me if I am wrong)

d) Blood on Sean's guitar and stab wounds on his arms similar to David's.

e) Mafia head's son (prime suspect) disappearing for over a week (allowing him ample time to let Hannah's scratch marks on torso and arms heal).

3) The RTP letting key witnesses and/or accessories to murder such as Sean McAnna and Christopher Alanvare walk.

4) The RTP letting gangsters threatening key witness and/or accessory to murder Sean McAnna walk.

5) The RTP stating that none of the Burma DNA samples taken during the first days were a match, but later announcing that two of the DNA negative tested Burmese are the culprits.

6) The RTP, together with a racist pancake vendor, torturing the Burmese suspects into confession.

7) The RTP puppeteering the patsies around the murder scene while hundreds of witnesses could see that they were completely clueless about location of victims, which direction from they themselves were supposed to have attacked the victims, etc.

8) The RTP ignoring witness statements that mafia bosse's son along with AC bar owner followed the victims after a brawl over one of them fondling and/or pestering Hannah.

9) The RTP announcing that David and Hannah were killed with the hoe despite the fact that the hoe carried only Hannah's DNA.

10) The RTP denying british investigators access to all of their findings.

11) ...and the countless additional <deleted!> during the investigation...

If I would be a parent involved, I would scream in agony and rip that cesspit of an island apart with my bare hands!

Always good to read a rant with no bizarre speculation or misinformation in it.

• Like 1

Well, on the grapevine, some people wouldn't have managed to prolong a protest if it weren't for the influx of money from these islands.

Could explain why the PRDC spokeswoman started a campaign against CSI LA as soon as the owner of the website started to poke his nose into this travesty. But for the moment, it's all speculation...

There's is one family down south that are powerful political players and own land all over the islands in the gulf. Like their whistles....

Thing is in a place like Thailand with the corruption you can more than believe the speculation...

• Like 2

Were they given bail, or is a bail hearing separate?

With assurances from the Myanmar Embassy there cant be a reason not to grant it without saying they don't trust the Myanmar Government.

Embassies cannot act as guarantor full stop. If they were to succeed (they wont) all foreign detainees worldwide could cite the case while demanding same. Pie in the sky/non starter.

I don't think you have the right to speak on the behalf of any embassy or government world wide.

If the embassy wants to provide funds so be it. Who is anyone to stop the ambassador signing on behalf of the embassy. It may not be common but it surely is not illegal or impossible.

• Like 1

Thanks catweasel, I enjoyed reading your list, which you could have made a lot longer. It's when someone takes the time to make a list, such as yours, that it really brings it home as to how inept the RTP are.

This is my first ever post on this forum and it has been your post that has prompted me to join!!

I have long believed that if all the points/clue's, like the ones you have stated plus every other point made by other posters were to be investigated and then presented to the RTP, then the truth would be forced to come out.

Thank's

• Like 2

Thanks catweasel, I enjoyed reading your list, which you could have made a lot longer. It's when someone takes the time to make a list, such as yours, that it really brings it home as to how inept the RTP are.

This is my first ever post on this forum and it has been your post that has prompted me to join!!

I have long believed that if all the points/clue's, like the ones you have stated plus every other point made by other posters were to be investigated and then presented to the RTP, then the truth would be forced to come out.

Thank's

The people that scream 'you're just a tin hat wearing conspiracy theorist' should read that long list of blatant incompetence and corruption. This case would get laughed out of court in most places in the world. It would fall flat at the first hurdle for having civilians and local influential people trampling all over the crime scene mere hours after the murders were committed.

The whole case is a complete farce. RTP cheer leaders cannot convince me otherwise.

Peak season!!

Cheerleaders to busy to post. Diving school doing well!!

• Like 2

I really feel sorry for the parents of Hannah and David.

First the screw-up by the RTP and now this parody of a "juridical" system.

Hope they are able to find closure on their own.

JOC - no need to feel sorry for parents who claim they are satisfied with the police work performed during the investigation just for the sake of getting closure, ridden out on the back of innocent patsies. Ever since reading that statement I have no respect and no sympathy for them anymore, sorry!

1) RTP allowing bystanders and prime suspects to trample about and invade the crime scene.

a) Shallow stab wounds at David's head and shoulder (concentrating on right hand side, implicating a left handed attacker of similar height)

b ) Bone fragment, tooth fragment, brain matter and blood splatter in a circular pattern on the rocks behind Hannah, implicating an execution style, close range gun shot to the forehead while she was seated, to later be covered up by smashing her head with the garden hoe.

c) No DNA samples taken from under Hannah's fingernails (correct me if I am wrong)

e) Mafia head's son (prime suspect) disappearing for over a week (allowing him ample time to let Hannah's scratch marks on torso and arms heal).

3) The RTP letting key witnesses and/or accessories to murder such as Sean McAnna and Christopher Alanvare walk.

4) The RTP letting gangsters threatening key witness and/or accessory to murder Sean McAnna walk.

5) The RTP stating that none of the Burma DNA samples taken during the first days were a match, but later announcing that two of the DNA negative tested Burmese are the culprits.

6) The RTP, together with a racist pancake vendor, torturing the Burmese suspects into confession.

7) The RTP puppeteering the patsies around the murder scene while hundreds of witnesses could see that they were completely clueless about location of victims, which direction from they themselves were supposed to have attacked the victims, etc.

8) The RTP ignoring witness statements that mafia bosse's son along with AC bar owner followed the victims after a brawl over one of them fondling and/or pestering Hannah.

9) The RTP announcing that David and Hannah were killed with the hoe despite the fact that the hoe carried only Hannah's DNA.

If I would be a parent involved, I would scream in agony and rip that cesspit of an island apart with my bare hands!

You are correct......and RE 2a: as mentioned on another thread 100.000 pathologist will confirm these were stab wounds and therefore the prosecution case will blow up in their face if they stick to the hoe theory or pancake vendor bottle fantasy. People who believe the RTP report are IMHO either insane or have a hidden agenda.

post-223280-0-98264200-1419669526_thumb.

• Like 1

Were they given bail, or is a bail hearing separate?

With assurances from the Myanmar Embassy there cant be a reason not to grant it without saying they don't trust the Myanmar Government.

Embassies cannot act as guarantor full stop. If they were to succeed (they wont) all foreign detainees worldwide could cite the case while demanding same. Pie in the sky/non starter.

I don't think you have the right to speak on the behalf of any embassy or government world wide.

If the embassy wants to provide funds so be it. Who is anyone to stop the ambassador signing on behalf of the embassy. It may not be common but it surely is not illegal or impossible.

It might not also be illegal or impossible if the Thai Court were to reject any bail considerations if funds or any guarantee were provided directly by a foreign diplomatic mission with privileges in The Kingdom.

• Like 1

A defence lawyer had earlier made a request to the court, asking for extra statements from more than 15 Myanmar workers on the tourist island included as defence witnesses. It said they earlier had fears for their lives if they gave statements to the Thai police while in Thailand.

But this request was turned down by the court, on grounds that all existing witnesses were already on the lists, <<Quote

Says it all, doesn't it?

How can a judge refuse witnesses 8 months before the court is in session?

Wonder how many prosecutor witnesses were turned down??

Sadly the B2 are convicted already!!

This needs to be highlighted again. Certainly the request from the defense isn't unreasonable. The fact that it has been denied for the reason stated doesn't make the chance of a fair trial any bigger, on the contrary.

• Like 1

You have no idea what the parents were briefed with, so right of the bat you start by making things up and vilifying the victim's families based on your own fantasies.

"1) RTP allowing bystanders and prime suspects to trample about and invade the crime scene."

They didn't properly secure the crime scene, wow, maybe you are not just talking nonsense...

"2) RTP completely ignoring tell-tale findings such as:

e) Mafia head's son (prime suspect) disappearing for over a week (allowing him ample time to let Hannah's scratch marks on torso and arms heal)."

Oops, I spoke to soon, you are talking nonsense.

a) Do you have any forensic pathology credentials to support your speculation based on pictures you saw on Internet? Who are you to make judgements on the nature of the wounds and how were they inflicted?

B) Gunshot... really. :rolleyes: Because of splatter pattern... you have no idea what you are talking about. Evidence for this nonsense besides your uneducated guesses?

c) You don't know, don't bank on it, arguments from ignorance are worthless.

d) Again the armchair forensic pathologist determining nature of wounds based on some photo you saw...

e) What mafia? You just make a claim and ran with it, plus complete speculation over injuries in his body. The less said about ignoring that the man in question has been proven not to had been on the island the better, yes?

"3) The RTP letting key witnesses and/or accessories to murder such as Sean McAnna and Christopher Alanvare walk."

After interrogating them and collecting samples, you'd like to keep them locked up for the duration of the trial to satisfy your self righteous outrage?

"4) The RTP letting gangsters threatening key witness and/or accessory to murder Sean McAnna walk."

The police also interrogated and collected samples from those "gansters"

"6) The RTP, together with a racist pancake vendor, torturing the Burmese suspects into confession."

They were not tortured into a confession, they claimed they were threatened with torture.

"7) The RTP puppeteering the patsies around the murder scene while hundreds of witnesses could see that they were completely clueless about location of victims, which direction from they themselves were supposed to have attacked the victims, etc."

Puppeteering the patsies... of course, first make up a premise then derive conclusions from it, no wonder your conclusions agree with your preconceptions.

"8) The RTP ignoring witness statements that mafia bosse's son along with AC bar owner followed the victims after a brawl over one of them fondling and/or pestering Hannah."

What witnesses and how do you know they ignored them? You are just repeating rumors.

"9) The RTP announcing that David and Hannah were killed with the hoe despite the fact that the hoe carried only Hannah's DNA."

In their confession the Burmese men claimed they used a bottle to hit Miller, you are cherry-picking (mis)information that suits you.

"10) The RTP denying british investigators access to all of their findings."

No, they didn't deny access to all their findings, they gave them information when they came to observe the work done by the RTP, you don't know the extent and or relevance of the information they received, again, argument from ignorance.

Oh well, case closed then. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

No they didn't defend the accused in the cases you mentioned, because they believed they were guilty!!

So if the Myanmar government in this case are sticking out their neck and challenging Bigbrother Thailand it is probably because they believe (have evidence?) that the B2 are indeed innocent!!

As for your highlighted part, Yes the defense did indeed ask for a postponement, because all the prosecutors material had been kept from them pre first court day.

But they didn't ask for 8-9 months!! The judge clearly making a statement!!

So the defense have this evidence that prove they are innocent, why did they ask for a postponement then? Why not showing the evidence?

My guess is, they don't have evidence that proves the two Burmese men are innocent and they just want to drag the case on.

It is up to the prosecutor to prove that the suspects are guilty beyond reasonable doubt!!

The defense don't have to prove anything, just question the prosecutors "evidence".

Do you really believe the judge would have postponed the case 8 months, if he really believed that the RTP/prosecutor had a 100% watertight case?

No my friend, something stinks here!!

You were the one claiming the defense may have evidence that would prove the defendants innocent.

"So if the Myanmar government in this case are sticking out their neck and challenging Bigbrother Thailand it is probably because they believe (have evidence?) that the B2 are indeed innocent!!"

And again it was the defense that asked for a postponement, please do try to pay attention to what you say and what other people say.

"9) The RTP announcing that David and Hannah were killed with the hoe despite the fact that the hoe carried only Hannah's DNA."

In their confession the Burmese men claimed they used a bottle to hit Miller, you are cherry-picking (mis)information that suits you.

It was the same RTP (early days) that mentioned there must have been another murder weapon & it was the same RTP (early days) who said David must have fought with his attackers by looking at the wounds on his knuckles. (Just Google it)

if we look at the diagram from the FB page which was produced by looking at each stab wound, it would be more than insane to claim this was done by a hoe. I will repeat it for 9 months from now, a 100.000 pathologist will confirm these were stab wounds (most likely inflicted by a left-hander) and that will get the B2 off the hook (they are right-handed). To claim this was a bottle, may I ask where is the that bottle, and wouldn't it be safe to assume this bottle must have been broken during the fight? Where are the glasssplitters? They must be all over the place, yet nothing was found. It was a pancake vendor wannabe important fantasy.

About being Left-handed.........post 453 on Thaivisa: Police address criticisms over Koh Tao arrest of Myanmar suspects

Quote - Someone whispered the following (by CSI Bangkok University):

"Since this crime occurred, I've been following this page and I finally decided to ask one of my friends, who is a classmate of "Nom Sod", if he is left-handed. My friend said "yes" he is. My friend also told me he thinks "Nom Sod" was one of the killers, but I couldn't believe it at that time. I didn't expect the murderer could be a close friend of my friend. But anyway, the more I talk with my friend about this, the more I think "Nom Sod" was involved in that crime. The same friend told me that on September 15th, "Nom Sod" was absent from class, but was in class on the following day (the 16th). He said he also saw scratches on "Nom Sod's" neck and arms." - Unquote

post-223280-0-17496000-1419672845_thumb.

• Like 2