'69 sighting' in Patong leads police to Iranian thieves

Lite Beer

I'm tired of all the arrests. Let me know when bad guys are sentenced to 10 years at the Phuket Hilton. Until then, everyone just pays their way out and sent on their way. I think every thief should have their hands bashed with a hammer. Thai or farang, you steal, no jail time...just hamburger hands for a while.

Not good enough I prefare their Sharia rules cut of their hand and send them back they will never come again.

Thoroughly Agree JPEG, - I have been totally ripped off twice in the same manner. First time by the Thai apartment owner who got a copper to get my residential adress and they "fixed" my bike for an accident; - Then in spite of an admission of guilt, paid the prosecutor to rule "No case to answer." Second time a German tenant ("friend??) sold everything while I was overseas and in spite of being found to be 4-years overstay the police did not detain him. His brother (known as Mr.Chris Paesel) paid the BiB to let him leave Thailand, in spite of an 'arrest warrant.' Even though I am acquainted with a few very good police officers, there are many others (together with their associates), who are totally corrupt and make their big profits out of releasing high level criminals, so traffic fines are just "tea money" for them. It is pointless complaining to the police about criminals, (as maybe some are also criminals?); - My advice to anyone is that perhaps it is better to get one of the "local mafia" (Thai, Russian or German?), to assist you with any problems.

I agree better, cheaper and faster solution only paid after success. To fight the devils you have to use Satan.

Western countries racially profile people when applying for a visa. USA, Australia are experts at it.

That's the reason people from Asia and Africa have to apply for a visa beforehand so they can be scrutinised thoroughly.

Thailand needs to take the same measures. This free visa on arrival thing is just a money grab with zero screening.

Rubbish,Thai profiling Thai tourist at Ozzy visa service and do you know how many "tourists"overstay and work in Oz,tens of thousands,mostly from USA,UK,India and China,so much for experts.
It's mostly students who overstay and work in Australia. Chinese , Malaysian and Indians.

Even 5000 Americans are considered illegals in Australia.

I guess we read the same article.

The come under false pretences and stay under the radar.

Just a hole to let the rats in.

Australia doesn't racially profile visa applicants.

Every visitor needs to apply for a visa to Australia, even NZers believe it or not.

However, for 30+ countries who are not considered high risk, it is very easy to apply via e-visa. (ETA)

ETA eligible countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Rep. of (South), Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, British Nationals Overseas (BNO), USA, Vatican City State.

You'll note there are many Asian countries in that list. These applicants still get compared against the Alert List when applying.

People from high risk countries need to apply to an embassy (just like the visa regime for most countries).

A high risk country is one that has an unacceptably high overstay rate as a percentage of visas granted.

So, even though US and UK, for instance, traditionally have many over stayers, the percentage rates are low.

While many wrongdoers are students, it's usually tourists who over stay. Relatively few Americans study in Australia as an example.

The overstay numbers are considered to be around 50,000 these days, I remember a time when it was estimated at about 127,000.

Western countries racially profile people when applying for a visa. USA, Australia are experts at it.

That's the reason people from Asia and Africa have to apply for a visa beforehand so they can be scrutinised thoroughly.

Thailand needs to take the same measures. This free visa on arrival thing is just a money grab with zero screening.

Rubbish,Thai profiling Thai tourist at Ozzy visa service and do you know how many "tourists"overstay and work in Oz,tens of thousands,mostly from USA,UK,India and China,so much for experts.
It's mostly students who overstay and work in Australia. Chinese , Malaysian and Indians.

Even 5000 Americans are considered illegals in Australia.

I guess we read the same article.

The come under false pretences and stay under the radar.

Just a hole to let the rats in.

Australia doesn't racially profile visa applicants.

Every visitor needs to apply for a visa to Australia, even NZers believe it or not.

However, for 30+ countries who are not considered high risk, it is very easy to apply via e-visa. (ETA)

ETA eligible countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Rep. of (South), Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, British Nationals Overseas (BNO), USA, Vatican City State.

You'll note there are many Asian countries in that list. These applicants still get compared against the Alert List when applying.

People from high risk countries need to apply to an embassy (just like the visa regime for most countries).

A high risk country is one that has an unacceptably high overstay rate as a percentage of visas granted.

So, even though US and UK, for instance, traditionally have many over stayers, the percentage rates are low.

While many wrongdoers are students, it's usually tourists who over stay. Relatively few Americans study in Australia as an example.

The overstay numbers are considered to be around 50,000 these days, I remember a time when it was estimated at about 127,000.

It's still a form of profiling.

Just because one or a few thai overstays and works in a brothel doesn't mean all thais do.

Doesn't stop the Australian government asking thais for aids tests and police reports before a thai enters Australia to study.

You have to disprove your a hooker or criminal before being granted a visa.

I like the system and wish Thailand would implement the same when farangs enter Thailand long term.

That was my point.

More filth. For every scum they catch there is still another 10 operating.

Why can't immigration racially profile these people? Every other aspect of thai society is racist so why not when it comes to immigration?

Serious question.

99% of Iranian arrested in Thailand are smuggling meth. This one is a bit odd. They are diversifying. Its truethey need to profile these sort of scum. Iranians going into any western country they would be given the 3rd degree. Either refugees, war criminals or smugglers. There arent that many Iranians that can afford to travel

Yes it was also Iranians who flooded the UK with smack in 89. They came as refugees but caused a wave of addiction.

Whilst married to a Thai National and mainly living out of the country with my wife, this type of crime by this type of Farang, makes me not care how strict Thai Immigration are.

If they wish to make it more difficult with procedures for non-Thais to visit this country, I would welcome it.

Anything to keep scum of the like out, should be implemented.

Hope your dreams get crushed in travelling as well.

Well sir,

Not sure I quite understand your reply, but anyway as we are getting close.....Happy New Year to you as well!

Let's have a go anyway,

I first travelled here in 1970 and perhaps 30 or so times since, often for extended periods of several months. Thus, I don't need in any way to want or need to dream about the ways and means here of day to day life.

As this country really opened up to foreigners, those who because of what they thought was a nice tropical easy way of life, it became very obvious and infact REAL, so many from the Eastern European areas saw this as an opportunity to come here and escape their perhaps miserable existence.

At the same time those, particularly those who had let's say a "Dark" past as regards crime, saw a perfect opportunity here amongst the free loving Thai's to cash in and take up their previous trade, thinking it would be so easy to get away with whatever criminal deeds they wanted to have a go at.

So, no, dreaming is not on my radar at all. I quite know what is here, what is expected here and what to do here.

But at the same time have a RIGHT to be critical and comment on those who come here to reward themselves by taking advantage of what they believe is the easy going Thai's attitude to not notice them.

I stand by my original comments to which you and I notice one other poster seem to not only disagree with, but frame your comments back to me as nothing other than an insult.

I am perhaps what is termed as on old guy at near 70 and what nothing more than a peaceful life and spend the times I have here not having to put up with scum coming here and taking advantage of what they see is a free ride to do what they like, thinking Thailand is unable to know what they are up to.

Thankfully the Thai authorities have in recent years become quite adapt to the type of crime some are attempting to bring here with them.

I wish them all the luck in the world.

Edited by fishhooks

Cut their hands off

Yes Sharia rules.

Thieving, under Sharia, does indeed hand down (no pun intended) this punishment. Therefore, why do the Malaysian State not take it upon itself to equally punish those of it's citizens not abiding by the laws of Islam in this hypocrisy http://theweek.com/article/index/273839/theres-a-raging-islamic-insurgency-in-thailands-strangest-party-town

And what should be the penalty? w00t.gif

• Like 1

Cut their hands off

Yes Sharia rules.

Thieving, under Sharia, does indeed hand down (no pun intended) this punishment. Therefore, why do the Malaysian State not take it upon itself to equally punish those of it's citizens not abiding by the laws of Islam in this hypocrisy http://theweek.com/article/index/273839/theres-a-raging-islamic-insurgency-in-thailands-strangest-party-town

Because the legal system adopted by Malaysia is based on British Common law which is know as Federal law. Don't forget, Malaysia is a multi-cultural society.

There is limited Sharia law and it is imposed at the State level and only on Muslims; usually to do with marriage and apostasy, though, there are some states that Sharia is used for criminal justice, but, only offences that have a maximum fine of RM 5000 or, a maximum jail term of three years.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif
It's funny because it's true.

Thailand just let's in anything with baht to spend.

Check out Sukumvit Soi 3 and tell me how things are going.

I can't walk from one end to another without being offered cocaine.

Even in Bumrungrad hospital they're camped out offering drugs to people in the waiting area.

Screen them based on the region they come from.

To each his own

Whilst married to a Thai National and mainly living out of the country with my wife, this type of crime by this type of Farang, makes me not care how strict Thai Immigration are.

If they wish to make it more difficult with procedures for non-Thais to visit this country, I would welcome it.

Hope your dreams get crushed in travelling as well.

Well sir,

Not sure I quite understand your reply, but anyway as we are getting close.....Happy New Year to you as well!

Let's have a go anyway,

I first travelled here in 1970 and perhaps 30 or so times since, often for extended periods of several months. Thus, I don't need in any way to want or need to dream about the ways and means here of day to day life.

As this country really opened up to foreigners, those who because of what they thought was a nice tropical easy way of life, it became very obvious and infact REAL, so many from the Eastern European areas saw this as an opportunity to come here and escape their perhaps miserable existence.

At the same time those, particularly those who had let's say a "Dark" past as regards crime, saw a perfect opportunity here amongst the free loving Thai's to cash in and take up their previous trade, thinking it would be so easy to get away with whatever criminal deeds they wanted to have a go at.

So, no, dreaming is not on my radar at all. I quite know what is here, what is expected here and what to do here.

But at the same time have a RIGHT to be critical and comment on those who come here to reward themselves by taking advantage of what they believe is the easy going Thai's attitude to not notice them.

I stand by my original comments to which you and I notice one other poster seem to not only disagree with, but frame your comments back to me as nothing other than an insult.

I am perhaps what is termed as on old guy at near 70 and what nothing more than a peaceful life and spend the times I have here not having to put up with scum coming here and taking advantage of what they see is a free ride to do what they like, thinking Thailand is unable to know what they are up to.

Thankfully the Thai authorities have in recent years become quite adapt to the type of crime some are attempting to bring here with them.

I wish them all the luck in the world.

Thank you for your wonderful reply; however this view of yours is very much in keeping with military law and can certainly make the lives of the ordinary travelling wishing no harm to anyone a living hell. Its the old don't throw the baby out with the bath water action.

Cut their hands off

Yes Sharia rules.

I was talking explicit Iran and they cut of the hand in cases like these. That not my rules their rules.

Iranians are not classified as farangs by the Thais. They are keck, same as Arabs and Indians.

Cut their hands off

Yes Sharia rules.

Because the legal system adopted by Malaysia is based on British Common law which is know as Federal law. Don't forget, Malaysia is a multi-cultural society.

There is limited Sharia law and it is imposed at the State level and only on Muslims; usually to do with marriage and apostasy, though, there are some states that Sharia is used for criminal justice, but, only offences that have a maximum fine of RM 5000 or, a maximum jail term of three years.

My post was in jest, your's going off on a tandem. Christ ...