BANGKOK
samsingsong

Are there any nice condos in Korat?

Obviously you have never been to Korat before so I should come for a visit first and see if you like it before you go down the route of renting or even buying a property here, as you didn't say which you are intending to do.

I say obviously because there are no mountains here, not even a big hill,...lol...Korat City is as flat as a pancake.

HL

The OP's post also makes me wonder how familiar he is with Khorat.

It is flat,

The area is known as the Khorat Platue ( sp?) It is flat about as far as the eye can see.

There are a couple of lakes in the area ( check online for a map ).

If it is true that he does not know Khorat, he really should investigate before even considering living there. This photo

I like Khorat and it does have things to offer,

but, it is not your charming, beautiful Thai city like say, maybe Chiang Mai.

This photo gives you an idea of what to expect.

post-147745-0-68253900-1419983384_thumb.

Click on the photo to view it.

If you are referring to the Korn Buri located south of Chokchai, you could consider building or buying a nice house in that area.

The area is developing rather fast and it is very near mountains and lakes.

It is a less expensive area to live in and it is only about one hours drive from Khorat if you have any "big city" needs.

Chokedee!

Edited by willyumiii

On 12/30/2014 at 7:15 AM, meatboy said:

its called V CONDO looks alright but dont take that much notice as sometimes the real thing is not what the photo shows.

its situated up near home pro on the by-pass.

there are some nice moo-bans around but you need to do a lot of searching for a decent area,most are quiet except for DOGS. have you given it much thought about your health problems as its very very very expensive if you need a few weeks inside a hospital.

if you need any advice you or the wife mrs meat can help you as she spent 20yrs.in the uk.and speaks perfect english.

as for health problems i have been there big time before making the move to korat.in all of 30yrs.i like korat more than anywhere else.

so if you need to contact us pm.me.

good luck TAFFY.

I have seen some photos and it seems there are several apartments free....so, before I will spent some time checking out this place...I would love to know your opinion, what exactly is not working well at the V-Condo?

There are many condos in Korat and more are being built all the time. I have lived in Korat full time for 13 years but live in a house in ChoHo which is a suburb about 10km north of Korat. 

On 12/28/2014 at 10:43 PM, samsingsong said:

Believe me, it's a nightmare and after 2 weeks we both can't wait to get away! It's a tiny, red dirt village of about 20 houses 6,000 dogs and the most inconsiderate people imaginable.

Great description of about 98% of Thai villages - unfortunately! 

On 12/29/2014 at 11:16 PM, samsensam said:

There is absolutely nothing in the village for either of us apart from the family. I won't bore you with a list of 'irritations', but one is the PA system throughout the village which blares out loud Thai pop music (of the worst kind) at 6am every morning. Although we are already awake by then from all the neighbours competing with the volume controls of their music systems from around 4am. No wonder most of the locals are laying around sleeping for the rest of the day. Believe me, it's a nightmare and after 2 weeks we both can't wait to get away! It's a tiny, red dirt village of about 20 houses 6,000 dogs and the most inconsiderate people imaginable.

and that's only one of the irritations?!

living the dream in thailand!

i'm surprised you manage to last two weeks! hope you find a decent place.

You really smart to recognize that you won't be able to adjust to village life. I'm OK and like it, but I'm up at sunrise and sleep fairly early. I even like the daily announcements and music, but that's me. I have a Swiss brother in law that comes for two or three weeks a year and tries to demand changes to suit him. To his face they don't say much, but they tell me. He only wants things for himself and has zero consideration for others. It's good you know what you need and don't become the village complainer. That way her family and neighbors will be happy when you have short visits.

I live in the north, which seems more prosperous than the northeast and we are not the most prosperous in our village, but are considered well off. Living in a dirt poor plac, would be too much of a strain on me.