Are there any nice condos in Korat?

samsingsong

My wife's family live in a small farming village some distance east of Kon Buri, Nakhon Ratchasima Province.

Neither of us could actually live in the village, but I've been thinking about looking for a condo (maybe a house) on the east side of Nakhon Ratchasima city. The idea being to be close to the city for hospitals, shopping etc., but with easy access to the road out to Kon Buri so my wife can visit her folks more easily.

I don't know if the sort of thing I'm looking for actually exists! What I'd ideally like is a nice condo (or maybe house in secure gated community) with swimming pool etc., and with some sort of view - mountain / lake?

I understand such places exist around Khao Yai, but I think that's too far out from both Korat city and Kon Buri.

Can any TV readers who live around Korat suggest anything please?

Lots of them.

Can't actually give a reference other than drive down 2, instead of going to Saraburi go straight to Pak Thong Chai on 304. There have to be more but I do not really know what area you are wanting to be near. Probably out toward Saraburi on 2.

Sorry I misread. I thought you were looking on the west side since you mentioned Khao Yai.

Edited by Gonsalviz

There are a few condos around, and those that exist are 'Thai style' with not many or any foreigners. This also means they're usually smaller that what I think you're expecting. Many are currently being built for the Bangkokians currently thinking of moving up-country.

I am not aware of any with a pool, although I might be wrong.

Gated communities in the normal sense also do not exist. Although many of the 'housing estates' have a security guard at the entrance.

Several of the housing estates such as Central Park and Neo park have a swimming pool of sorts, but you need to look around.

I get the feeling you've never spent any time in Korat.

As previously stated, no mountains and no lakes, unless you count the small ponds dug as ornamental features for breeding fish and mosquitoes.

FYI renting houses is possible, although you have to spend a lot of time looking as there are very few available at any one time. Most people in this area prefer to put a hand written 'for rent' sign on the front gate rather than contact an estate agent, so you need to do a lot of driving around. Johore area usually has a few, but many people don't like to be this far out of the city. DD usually have one or two also. DD is a property website.

House rent prices start at about 6,000 baht and a modern 3 bedroom bungalow in for instance Pendingtong in Thanon Liebkrong Chonbrathan is about 10,000 - 15,000 depending on length of rental (1 or 5 years).

The housing estates I mentioned are in a good position behind central Korat, with a brand new road which will take you to The Mall in about 6 minutes. The Mall has an excellent swimming pool.

Hope this helps.post-14952-0-49591200-1419742320_thumb.j

Edited by Andyfez
  • Like 1

As your coming along the 304, going toward's Jim Thompson Farm,

there are lot's of "new" develpement's along there.

There's an intersection going to the University of Technology, on the 304

if you trun right onto the road that take's you to the University,

they are building like crazy along that road. New housing

gated, complexes with swimmimg pool's and exercise.

It's worth a look and see.

Good luck, and welcome to Korat city.

There are a few condos around, and those that exist are 'Thai style' with not many or any foreigners. This also means they're usually smaller that what I think you're expecting. Many are currently being built for the Bangkokians currently thinking of moving up-country.

I am not aware of any with a pool, although I might be wrong.

Gated communities in the normal sense also do not exist. Although many of the 'housing estates' have a security guard at the entrance.

Several of the housing estates such as Central Park and Neo park have a swimming pool of sorts, but you need to look around.

I get the feeling you've never spent any time in Korat.

As previously stated, no mountains and no lakes, unless you count the small ponds dug as ornamental features for breeding fish and mosquitoes.

FYI renting houses is possible, although you have to spend a lot of time looking as there are very few available at any one time. Most people in this area prefer to put a hand written 'for rent' sign on the front gate rather than contact an estate agent, so you need to do a lot of driving around. Johore area usually has a few, but many people don't like to be this far out of the city. DD usually have one or two also. DD is a property website.

House rent prices start at about 6,000 baht and a modern 3 bedroom bungalow in for instance Pendingtong in Thanon Liebkrong Chonbrathan is about 10,000 - 15,000 depending on length of rental (1 or 5 years).

The housing estates I mentioned are in a good position behind central Korat, with a brand new road which will take you to The Mall in about 6 minutes. The Mall has an excellent swimming pool.

And this will cost you 160 each to go swimming.

Hope this helps.attachicon.gif2014-01-22 15.38.02.jpg

There is absolutely nothing in the village for either of us apart from the family. I won't bore you with a list of 'irritations', but one is the PA system throughout the village which blares out loud Thai pop music (of the worst kind) at 6am every morning. Although we are already awake by then from all the neighbours competing with the volume controls of their music systems from around 4am. No wonder most of the locals are laying around sleeping for the rest of the day. Believe me, it's a nightmare and after 2 weeks we both can't wait to get away! It's a tiny, red dirt village of about 20 houses 6,000 dogs and the most inconsiderate people imaginable.

and that's only one of the irritations?!

living the dream in thailand!

i'm surprised you manage to last two weeks! hope you find a decent place.

There is an advert which shows a condo with swimming pool and looks pretty good with wi-fi how old the advert is or where in Korat the condo is I do not know but the phone number is 0873784440 hope that helps

its called V CONDO looks alright but dont take that much notice as sometimes the real thing is not what the photo shows.

its situated up near home pro on the by-pass.

there are some nice moo-bans around but you need to do a lot of searching for a decent area,most are quiet except for DOGS. have you given it much thought about your health problems as its very very very expensive if you need a few weeks inside a hospital.

if you need any advice you or the wife mrs meat can help you as she spent 20yrs.in the uk.and speaks perfect english.

as for health problems i have been there big time before making the move to korat.in all of 30yrs.i like korat more than anywhere else.

so if you need to contact us pm.me.

good luck TAFFY.

Obviously you have never been to Korat before so I should come for a visit first and see if you like it before you go down the route of renting or even buying a property here, as you didn't say which you are intending to do.

I say obviously because there are no mountains here, not even a big hill,...lol...Korat City is as flat as a pancake.

HL

The OP's post also makes me wonder how familiar he is with Khorat.

It is flat,

The area is known as the Khorat Platue ( sp?) It is flat about as far as the eye can see.

There are a couple of lakes in the area ( check online for a map ).

If it is true that he does not know Khorat, he really should investigate before even considering living there. This photo

I like Khorat and it does have things to offer,

but, it is not your charming, beautiful Thai city like say, maybe Chiang Mai.

This photo gives you an idea of what to expect.

post-147745-0-68253900-1419983384_thumb.

Click on the photo to view it.

If you are referring to the Korn Buri located south of Chokchai, you could consider building or buying a nice house in that area.

The area is developing rather fast and it is very near mountains and lakes.

It is a less expensive area to live in and it is only about one hours drive from Khorat if you have any "big city" needs.

Chokedee!

Edited by willyumiii

• 4 years later...
On 12/30/2014 at 7:15 AM, meatboy said:

its called V CONDO looks alright but dont take that much notice as sometimes the real thing is not what the photo shows.

its situated up near home pro on the by-pass.

there are some nice moo-bans around but you need to do a lot of searching for a decent area,most are quiet except for DOGS. have you given it much thought about your health problems as its very very very expensive if you need a few weeks inside a hospital.

if you need any advice you or the wife mrs meat can help you as she spent 20yrs.in the uk.and speaks perfect english.

as for health problems i have been there big time before making the move to korat.in all of 30yrs.i like korat more than anywhere else.

so if you need to contact us pm.me.

good luck TAFFY.

I have seen some photos and it seems there are several apartments free....so, before I will spent some time checking out this place...I would love to know your opinion, what exactly is not working well at the V-Condo?

On 12/28/2014 at 10:43 PM, samsingsong said:

Believe me, it's a nightmare and after 2 weeks we both can't wait to get away! It's a tiny, red dirt village of about 20 houses 6,000 dogs and the most inconsiderate people imaginable.

Great description of about 98% of Thai villages - unfortunately! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...