short term parking @ Suvarnabhumi - easy or not ?

madmonk888

Ok so I have to pick up some friends from the airport and it's my first time attempting short term parking there

Rumour has it the car park is full of commuters and busy with cars parked with handbrakes off .. is this true ?

Basically, has anyone used the short term car park recently at night and is it as smooth as silk ??

Thanks

Car parking is fine. Level 5 (where you enter) is always over-busy but if you go down 2 levels then you'll be able to park near the lifts/stairs and into the terminal.

Thank you, people were trying to tell me people are using it to commute and it is packed. Last thing you need after a long flight is to be pushing pick ups around :-)

Same in my experience goes for the top level also

quote "Upnotover" Car parking is fine. Level 5 (where you enter) is always over-busy but if you go down 2 levels then you'll be able to park near the lifts/stairs and into the terminal.

I have parked one time on ground floor open air parking just below the side where the vehicles approach the building.

It was totally painless, convenient too because fairly close to the ground floor exit.

Just paid a handful of baht when leaving.

Just to reinforce what the others are saying: when you enter just go straight down two levels and it will be half empty. So many people just drive round and round and round and double park on level five so they don't have to go up or down the stairs or in the lift to get to the terminal. Utter laziness.

For a short pickup park, I always use the top floor. Since it is sort of outdoors with covers over the parking stalls, many people do not like to keep their cars there for long periods of time, so it is the least crowded with plenty of spaces available.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Davejf2017 said:

Is the entrance to the short term car park on the upstairs departure level,I am picking some friends up does the car park get busy.Thank you.

No, it is one floor down from the departure level.  As you drive to the airport it is clearly signed "Car Park (5th Fl)".  Enter the car park, get your ticket.  That floor will be very busy because it is the floor that has the connecting walkway to the terminal and people are too lazy to have to take the stairs or the lift a couple of floors.  Lots of people double parked.  Don't bother trying to look for a space just go straight down to the 3rd or 4th floor and there is usually a ton of free space and you'll get parked easily.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Are there particular times of day when it is easier to find a space ?, my mate was lucky, there was only one space left on the top. Does anybody know, What the criteria for disabled parking is at the airport please ?

Edited by brianthainess