Does Tesco Lotus sell boiled eggs?

mitsubishi

If you go to 7-11 read the egg packets carefully. the English is in very small letters. You can get boiled eggs (hard), soft boiled eggs and salted eggs. They have also now introduced another variety which I think is partley boiled. Haven't tried these (individually packed) eggs yet.

• Like 1

If you go to 7-11 read the egg packets carefully. the English is in very small letters. You can get boiled eggs (hard), soft boiled eggs and salted eggs. They have also now introduced another variety which I think is partley boiled. Haven't tried these (individually packed) eggs yet.

The soft boiled are disgusting hardly cooked at all

THat's what put me off them in the first place. Now I've been told hard-boiled are there I'll look again. TY

Hardly an "apartment" if you can't boil an egg in it? tongue.png [pun not intended].

Still, thanks for posting - the response on boiled egg availability for purchase was useful - I always find the snack options at the convenience stores so limiting when on the road - a couple of boiled eggs in a packet of crisps would go down nicely as an alternative to those toasted sandwiches. Tesco does do boiled eggs, but only in a Thai spicy slightly sweet sauce with some ham hock in - at the cooked food hotplates for take-away in bigger stores. I've come to like that dish but it's not much cheaper than in the food court.

Showing my roots, must pickle a few sometime - a couple of those in a large packet of crisps and a bottle of Beer Lao dark - serious telly food!!

[only recommended for those who exercise too]

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Maybe that's why they are called soft-boiled!!!!

I break the soft boiled egg over a slice of bread (being soft-boiled the white does not run over the edge of the bread) and then place in a microwave to finish the egg off!

Yumma! Yumma!

If you cook rice in a rice cooker, just put a couple in the water in the cooker when you cook the rice, When the rice is done so are the eggs, perfectly hardboiled.

The rice cooker is nothing but a pot with a thermostat that turns it off when the temperature starts to rise above 100 degrees C..

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

You didn't buy hard boiled eggs, you bought "kai khem". salty eggs. If you buy the ones that are pink, the're

100 year old eggs and will be black inside. Both are delicious if eaten with the proper foods.

If you don't have a rice cooker like I suggested, fill a pot/kettle with water, bring it to a boil, gently put the egs in ain the pot, bring it back to a boil and turn down the heat. Boil them for 10 ,=minutw-es, take them out and cool them under running water. Perfect hard boiled eggs. If you want soft boiled reduce the time to 5 minutes.I

I don't believe I'm telling a grown man how to boil eggs on New Years Eve. But I forgot some were born with silver spoons in their mouths. Next will come the "butt washer" lesson. Just kidding.

Have a Happt New year, try cooking your own eggs and rejoice over your newly developed skill!

I can boil eggs, but here in my eastern base things are a bit more minimalist shall we say. Still, your little guide is handy thank you and a good year to you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Best way is just microwave them.

2min 30 sec on high.

That causes them to explode doesn't it?

You can poach eggs in a microwave, they come out perfect once you get the timing right

Yum, nice vid!

Scrambled eggs also in the microwave work out really well.

• Like 2

Yeah, but Kris, make sure you prick the yolks with a pin or toothpick first. licklips.gif

OP - good suggestions above - here's a simple idea from someone who had to dash from hotel to hotel in another life: Carry baking soda in a zip bag (it's good for many things). Put water, whole egg(s) and tspn b/soda in kettle - boil for a few minutes, then let cool in the water. Perfect every time. B/soda prevents eggs from cracking - vinegar does, too. Carry sachets of tom sauce and chilli with you - buy tins of Chinese cabbage, drain and rinse off water, pour on sauce and that's a bit of veg in the diet (only a plate and spoon needed). Add tin of mackerel or tuna.

Great tips from Wit 'Bear Grylls' Awat.

• Like 2