Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 February 2019 10:42
Tywais

Driver's License Procedures Chiang Mai

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, johng said:

Brilliant emoji3.pngemoji106.png ...I wonder if it'll work in the UK too 

 

8 minutes ago, johng said:

Brilliant emoji3.pngemoji106.png ...I wonder if it'll work in the UK too ?

No

 

Thailand licence can not be exchanged for UK anymore, you could before but if you get a Thai international driving permit you can use in the UK until it runs out.

 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/law-on-driving-licence-exchange-tightened-to-improve-road-safety

 

When I ‘lost’ my UK bike licence I used my Thai one and insurer accepted fine a bit more expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, orientalist said:

Thanks. How recently were you there?


Sent from my cell phone using Thaivisa mobile app
 

About two weeks ago. Make sure you get there early, as they start handing out the queue tickets 8 AM.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

About two weeks ago. Make sure you get there early, as they start handing out the queue tickets 8 AM.

 

Is that necessary for a straight 5-year renewal, or just necessary to get done by lunchtime. I vaguely remember when I did this a year ago I went about 9.30 or 10, had lunch at Big C and finished things in the afternoon. I will have all day to spend in Chiang Mai.

 

The last time my (car) licence had expired 10 months previously so I had to watch a 1-hour video and do the theory test again. Is the video required for a normal renewal?

Edited by orientalist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, orientalist said:

 

Is that necessary for a straight 5-year renewal, or just necessary to get done by lunchtime. I vaguely remember when I did this a year ago I went about 9.30 or 10, had lunch at Big C and finished things in the afternoon. I will have all day to spend in Chiang Mai.

 

The last time my (car) licence had expired 10 months previously so I had to watch a 1-hour video and do the theory test again. Is the video required for a normal renewal?

Yes, you could go there 10 or something and get your number and return in the afternoon. Video is required.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2015 at 9:25 PM, onthedarkside said:

In that case you might not need to take the car practical test, but if you have no motorcycle endorsement on your US licence then you will for sure need to take the m/bike practical test.

I have a UK driving licence for car and motorbike. I.sm going to apply for my first Thai license.

 

Can I assume that the above status quo holds and I won't need to take the practical test, just watch the video and pass the colour blind, reflexes tests, etc?

 

Thanks in advance 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



just watch the video and pass the colour blind, reflexes tests, etc?
 
Thanks in advance 


Yes that should be all thats required.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...