BANGKOK 23 July 2019 23:10
Tywais

Driver's License Procedures Chiang Mai

At the first extension (from the temp. 2 years to 5 years) - I understand a medical certificate is required?

That's my understanding. Am renewing first time to 5 yr license this Wednesday; got the medical at Bangkok Hospital -- very efficient service, good parking, 200 baht. Certificate of Residency from US Consulate -- 50 bucks but same day service. Plan to go at 12:30 -- anybody see any problem with that, or maybe a better time.....

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

That's my understanding. Am renewing first time to 5 yr license this Wednesday; got the medical at Bangkok Hospital -- very efficient service, good parking, 200 baht. Certificate of Residency from US Consulate -- 50 bucks but same day service. Plan to go at 12:30 -- anybody see any problem with that, or maybe a better time.....

I've always preferred to get in there at 9am to ensure I don't hit an unusually busy day and end up either not making it through or spending the whole day there. You'll probably still get on even if you go at that time, but you'll also hit the period over lunch where the close counters for staff meal breaks and things trickle through at a snail's pace. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:34 PM, XGM said:

What happens if you go to renew it say a couple of weeks after it expires? Processed as a new one or can still be renewed with some kind of fine?

Mine is due to renewal at the end of next week and I see last reports mentioned there is no next day service in immigration for the Residency Certificate anymore.

renewed with the extra days over the five years, I renewed mine 2 days after expiry and received 5 years 363 days on the new license.

Edited by fcgprg
space words

Need Medical paper for 4th 5 year renewal also?

My Thai wife did not need it and it was handed back to her. The sign at the top of the stairs still had it listed as a requirement for a five year to five year renewal. This was a couple of months ago.

2 hours ago, GregTN said:

My Thai wife did not need it and it was handed back to her. The sign at the top of the stairs still had it listed as a requirement for a five year to five year renewal. This was a couple of months ago.

I also did not need a medical certificate for 5 year renewal 2 months ago