90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2015

Tywais

New topic for 90 day reporting for 2015 Previous version here - 90 Day Reporting Comments & Experiences 2014

This is to post your comments, experiences and questions for the 90 day reporting at CM immigration. The pinned topic, 90 Day Report - Procedures, outlines the requirements.

Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3:15 this afternoon. Raining.

Parked at the garage across the road where friendly attendant took my 20 baht and offered to lend me an umbrella which I thought was very kind. Office 3/4 full of damp aliens but no wait for 90 day report and it was done in less than 5 minutes. Painless.

I, too, was at Immigration yesterday around 3:30 pm while it was raining, but not for 90-day report. But, I noticed the 90 day report process was going very quickly. In fact, I don't think there was anyone in the queue. The two guys behind the counter watched me fumbling thru my bag and getting my paperwork organized when I first came in. One had his hand outstretched to take it, and I had to tell him that no I was here for something else!

My business got done much quicker than expected, also, and I had time to walk up to Central Airport Plaza and do a little shopping.

Perhaps rainy days are good days to come in for 90 day reports and other Immigration business.

I meant to mail mine in but the time I checked it might not have worked so I went in on Tuesday morning just before 11:00 in the morning. Out in about 20 minutes.

I have never had any problem with the people in there. The fellow who renewed mine was some one I had never seen. He was super friendly and efficient.

To be honest the wife and I then went for a little walk and ate lunch before going home. In this weather it was quite an enjoyable outing.

the place was full but I am not afraid of people.

Did my 90 day reporting via post for the first time. Received the new slip 8 calendar days later. Very convenient, and I won't do this personally at the office anymore.

One thing to note is that the new 90day period starts from the day Immigration Office receive my mail. That is consistent with the practice if you were to report personally. In future, I'll will mail it no earlier than 1 week in advance of due date, instead of the 2 weeks stated in the pinned thread, as my mail only takes 1 day to arrive at Immigration office.

Recently, on another Chiang Mai TV thread ( Changing from Marriage Visa to Retirement Visa ), the OP mentioned something interesting about 90-day reporting, as follows:

...the officer then pulled a postitnote from her draw with a phone number on it and said that I can go to Lampang in the future to do the 90 day reports and dont have to come all the way to CM.(the missus said she will ask one of her police friends to call the number and find out about it).

Well after a bit of inter office discussions by our officer with another officer, our officer filled out another form that she had me sign twice, wrote down my phone number asked for my tumbian ban (which i have my own yellow book)...

Why, indeed, can't people go to their nearest office (as apparently Lampang, in OP's case) to do a 90-day report? It would appear that the only concern of Chiang Mai Immigration was that the person lives close enough for it to make sense.

Chiang Mai is a very large province. Perhaps those who live far from Muang Chiang Mai and closer to neighboring provincial immigration offices --- Chiang Rai, Payao, Lampun, Lampang, Mae Hong Son --- should check this out unless they enjoy spending the day in this thriving metropolis doing the malls, enjoying the delights of Loy Kroh, or enjoying a really, really good hamburger or pizza!

• 3 weeks later...

Although the pinned topic suggests that the 90 report by mail should be posted no later than 15 days before due date, I just received my returned slip after mailing the documents only 3 days before it was due. I had intended to mail it earlier but an emergency came up and I was only able to get to the post office on Thursday morning, the 29th. My due date was Sunday, Feb 1. I sent it registered mail, both outer and self addressed envelope. It was received by Immigration on 30th and I got the slip back today, Feb 4.

I am living here for about 4 years usually 90 days report is less than 2 hours faster if you come late in the day,but went today and i am very upset not very happy for the service i receive(sorry for my poor English i am a french)

Check my passport for the next appointement like usual i do and find out that they takle Inside the passport a new paper who was not the usual extension of stay paper stuff.

It is called a ...Receipt of Notification with an official stamp on it and another stamp who says ...This is not an extension of stay please notify your adress again on....a specific date print date 90 days after the usual application of extention of stay in immigration office

I try to have explication about this modification(first time in 4 years) they don't explain too much like they usually do.They says to not worried come back in the next 3 months with an TM47 form and everything will be fine.

I am upset about their WEAK explication and too short too.Why this paper someone knows about this? They don't give me the extension of stay paper(with the next appointement stamp on it) .It is a time to time procedure or what?

I have a lot of investment here and big in thailand and i am on retirement visa i hope they don't want to make thing tough for farang here think to cancel all my investment here bring back my money to my home country and everything good i bring here and ask my thai wife to come with me to my country. The immigration Office in Chian Mai need a lot improvment if they want i can help them a lot for Free.I am very good at management and can improve this shiity place millions time.

It is called a ...Receipt of Notification with an official stamp on it and another stamp who says ...This is not an extension of stay please notify your adress again on....a specific date print date 90 days after the usual application of extention of stay in immigration office...

That "Receipt of Notification" only relates to your requirement to report your address every 90 days - it has nothing to do with your "visa", "extension of stay", or anything else.

The language on it, in my opinion, is fairly self-explanatory. It says "Receipt of Notification" as it is the Immigration's office's receipt that they received your address notification. The body of it also is rather easy to understand: I, Immigration Officer, have received notification of staying in Thailand for 90 days from YOUR NAME, nationality, on such and such a date.

At bottom left, it tells you two things: (1) That this piece of paper is not an extension of stay (meaning the 90-day notice thing has nothing to do with your ability to be legally in Thailand - that would depend on your visa, your exemption, or extension of stay found somewhere else in your passport); and (2) that you need to report your address again on a printed date.

Respectfully, anybody who can read very minimal English ought to be able to figure out what that form means.

Just been to do 90 days, 4pm never seen the place so empty, maybe 20 or so people waiting,plenty of parking.

Anyway, spoke with one of the officers. Online 90 day reporting is almost here, the site as posted earlier, is already up but they are sorting out the bugs but it certainly looks OK.

It is so close to being operational that the officer asked me if I was just coming in to check that it was really working!

Possible just done my last,in person,90 day report at Chiangmai Imm. clap2.gif

Did mine today (wed). Arrived at 2.30 pm. Place was crazy, people everywhere. No parks so had to park at central and walk.

Anyone know a better option for car parking?

Got my ticket and the queue had already past my number by about 10 lol. So just walked straight up to the desk. Was expecting to pay 2kbaht fine as I had not done a 90 day report since June 2014. I took the old receipt out first and told them I lost it. After a few smiles I had a new 90 receipt and I was done. No fine. Took about 15 mins.

Did mine today (wed). Arrived at 2.30 pm. Place was crazy, people everywhere. No parks so had to park at central and walk.

Anyone know a better option for car parking?

Got my ticket and the queue had already past my number by about 10 lol. So just walked straight up to the desk. Was expecting to pay 2kbaht fine as I had not done a 90 day report since June 2014. I took the old receipt out first and told them I lost it. After a few smiles I had a new 90 receipt and I was done. No fine. Took about 15 mins.

I was there yesterday, too, but for other business. The morning was busy, but it was the normal controlled chaos. I don't know what happened at 1 pm. It's like the floodgates opened and people came from all over. The line for the center information counter was all the down the center aisle and out the back door and was probably still like that when you arrived at 2:30 pm. I don't think it was all for 90-day reports; the 30 day extensions for people coming in without a visa (30-day visa exempt entries) seemed to be a popular request as were 30 day extensions for "real" tourist visas.

Anyway, about your comment, maanoi, that you told them you "lost" your previous 90-day report slip and that saved you from paying a fine for failure to report. I find that hard to believe. They take a moment and look up your info on the computer, they would have seen if you'd really been so flagrant as to not report since June 2014. Perhaps you've forgotten about a recent trip out of the country where your return would have reset the "90 day clock". Sure, you wouldn't have received a new 90-day slip, but the old one would have simply be obsolete and something that could have been removed from your passport.

Anyway, about your comment, maanoi, that you told them you "lost" your previous 90-day report slip and that saved you from paying a fine for failure to report. I find that hard to believe. They take a moment and look up your info on the computer, they would have seen if you'd really been so flagrant as to not report since June 2014. Perhaps you've forgotten about a recent trip out of the country where your return would have reset the "90 day clock". Sure, you wouldn't have received a new 90-day slip, but the old one would have simply be obsolete and something that could have been removed from your passport.

Haven't left Thailand since 2013. I have no idea if me taking out the old receipt had anything to do with why I wasn't finned. Maybe they just didn't want the hassle, maybe it wasn't the normal people working on 90 days (it was a young student girl and big guy with slick hair). I have no idea.

Just did my 2nd 90 day report via mail. Sent EMS stamped Feb. 09 at 2:39PM with 5 baht SAE, arrived at immigration afternoon of the 10. Was stamped at immigration 18:14 on the 11th and in my mailbox this morning the 12th. So 3 days, about the same as the last time. smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just did my 2nd 90 day report via mail. Sent EMS stamped Feb. 09 at 2:39PM with 5 baht SAE, arrived at immigration afternoon of the 10. Was stamped at immigration 18:14 on the 11th and in my mailbox this morning the 12th. So 3 days, about the same as the last time. smile.png

Wow that's really fast and seems the norm for you.

Are others getting it turned around so quickly?

Wow that's really fast and seems the norm for you.

Are others getting it turned around so quickly?

Yes, but it really doesn't make a difference. Relax!

But remember that if you send it in early you will not get the full 90 days from the expiry date of your last report. So of it is sent ten days before the end of your last report you will in effect get 80 days. So better not to be early as I discovered in December.

But still a very efficient service.

Just a quick note to say the postal system of reporting is still working nicely

about 3-4 day turn around following the procedures in the sticky

I was thinking it would be very nice if eventually they allowed some form/fraction of the yearly renewal by mail.

I know they will still need to see you & your passport but a "pre-interview" done by mail where they can

accept & check all your forms/statements etc would be nice. Not to mention speeding up the Que quite a bit.

Hey I can dream right wink.png

I got the 14 / 7 days thingy mixed up so thought I'd be OK doing it next week. I was due to report on the 20 Feb but was too busy to go last week. Tried the online reporting but...

Obviously the earliest I can go is Monday which is 2 days late. Do you think I'll get fined?

Also, I'm flying back to the UK on 9 Mar so do you think I could slip out unnoticed & reset the clock?

I got the 14 / 7 days thingy mixed up so thought I'd be OK doing it next week. I was due to report on the 20 Feb but was too busy to go last week. Tried the online reporting but...

Obviously the earliest I can go is Monday which is 2 days late. Do you think I'll get fined?

Also, I'm flying back to the UK on 9 Mar so do you think I could slip out unnoticed & reset the clock?

I would say "Yes" and "No" to your two questions.

Archived