90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2015

Tywais

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the 14 / 7 days thingy mixed up so thought I'd be OK doing it next week. I was due to report on the 20 Feb but was too busy to go last week. Tried the online reporting but...

Obviously the earliest I can go is Monday which is 2 days late. Do you think I'll get fined?

Also, I'm flying back to the UK on 9 Mar so do you think I could slip out unnoticed & reset the clock?

"Thingy?" And we criticise Thai Immigration ?! rolleyes.gif

We (Brit wife and I) did our first 90 day reports in person last Wednesday, in person as requested / suggested by the officer who gave us our annual extensions in November. (For whatever reason.)

Arrived about 11am and both processed in less than 10 minutes. All passport pages copies to hand. Did not want Yellow Book copies or the new declaration form. Wee trainee lass with no-one in the queue ahead of us. Very pleasant surprise.

Went in at 14h40 today and was out at 15h55. Got a queue ticket number 671 while 650 was being processed. Could have gone much faster as the office remained idle a few times for several minutes. Next one will certainly be done online. Already attempted this one online on Feb 23rd and got as far as being attributed a TM number, but file never got processed. I checked every day until today and status remained pending.

I need to make my 90 day report on the 5th of May but i will be leaving to Europe on the 12th , this means 7 day's later.

Should i make the report or just leave it ?

If you're not coming back, don't bother; however, presuming you're returning, then, yes, you must report. If the online deal is functional by then (that's a weak "maybe"), do it that way; otherwise, why not just mail it in on April 20th?

Went in at 14h40 today and was out at 15h55. Got a queue ticket number 671 while 650 was being processed. Could have gone much faster as the office remained idle a few times for several minutes. Next one will certainly be done online. Already attempted this one online on Feb 23rd and got as far as being attributed a TM number, but file never got processed. I checked every day until today and status remained pending.

You're certain it will up and running by then?

I still find mailing it in so very simple.

I need to make my 90 day report on the 5th of May but i will be leaving to Europe on the 12th , this means 7 day's later.

Should i make the report or just leave it ?

If you're not coming back, don't bother; however, presuming you're returning, then, yes, you must report. If the online deal is functional by then (that's a weak "maybe"), do it that way; otherwise, why not just mail it in on April 20th?

Whether or not he's coming back doesn't make any difference. Terminatorchiangmai isn't asking about a re-entry permit.

He may find himself in trouble at the airport in trying to leave the country and subject to a fine for being late in doing a 90 day report. The "grace period" if for filing. It's still due on the due date. It all depends on how the Immigration officer counts "7 days" If the 5th is counted as Day 1, then the 12th will be Day 8.

Mail in the report on April 21, fifteen days ahead of the May 5 due date. Plenty of time to get the receipt returned before the trip.

Immigration would like us to mail in our 90 day reports 15 days before they are due (according to video).

Does that mean they are encouraging us to now do 80 day reporting? facepalm.gif

Is the next stamp 90 days from the date on small slip, or 90 days from when they process it. anyone know for sure.

Immigration would like us to mail in our 90 day reports 15 days before they are due (according to video).

Is the next stamp 90 days from the date on small slip, or 90 days from when they process it. anyone know for sure.

You're right, it does work out to being 80 day reporting if they are as efficient at processing the reports as they've been lately. I've received several emails about this from people very upset about the fact that the stamp is 90 days from the date of processing, not 90 days from the date on the slip.

You've got to admit, it's just easier for them to set their stamp once when they sit down to open the mail and process the mail-in 90 day reports. And since the only real cost is the cost of copies and postage, is it really that big a deal?

You're right, it does work out to being 80 day reporting if they are as efficient at processing the reports as they've been lately. I've received several emails about this from people very upset about the fact that the stamp is 90 days from the date of processing, not 90 days from the date on the slip.

You've got to admit, it's just easier for them to set their stamp once when they sit down to open the mail and process the mail-in 90 day reports. And since the only real cost is the cost of copies and postage, is it really that big a deal?

No it's not a big deal, but it's wrong IMO.

Is it so very hard to flick a number around on a stamp, maybe it takes a second.

Why do you think they are so special that they can't do this one second task, but we who choose to spend far longer going to the post office and can't get the 90 days as we supposed to.

Stick up for them Nancy by all means, but please don't talk nonsense.

Mailed my last one 15 days prior to reporting date, got 90 days from the day it was processed.

Mailed my last one 15 days prior to reporting date, got 90 days from the day it was processed.

I wonder why they want it mailed in 15 days prior, they know they'll get it the next day.

I wonder why they want it mailed in 15 days prior, they know they'll get it the next day.

If I were guessing, I'd say it's because they know people will procrastinate...so you make it 15 days early and the people who are perpetually late send it in 7 days early. That's straight outta Government Thinking 101.

Regarding your mini-rant on why the folks at Immigration can't just do the math to make it a true 90 report on the mail-ins...on principle, you are absolutely correct and my initial reaction to receiving a new reporting date that was 90 days from the date of processing was much the same as yours.

Then I did the math and if you lose 10 days each time it ends up being one additional 90 day report every 2.25 years or so. Not that big of deal, IMO. Even better, it appears we may be doing this online soon, thus making the discussion OBE.

If I were guessing, I'd say it's because they know people will procrastinate...so you make it 15 days early and the people who are perpetually late send it in 7 days early. That's straight outta Government Thinking 101.

Regarding your mini-rant on why the folks at Immigration can't just do the math to make it a true 90 report on the mail-ins...on principle, you are absolutely correct and my initial reaction to receiving a new reporting date that was 90 days from the date of processing was much the same as yours.

Then I did the math and if you lose 10 days each time it ends up being one additional 90 day report every 2.25 years or so. Not that big of deal, IMO. Even better, it appears we may be doing this online soon, thus making the discussion OBE.

There's no rant and no big deal, it's simply that doing it by mail it's no longer a 90 day report it's an 80 day report.

I'm sure people will procrastinate, but it won't be those sending it in. biggrin.png

Is it so very hard to flick a number around on a stamp, maybe it takes a second.

Why do you think they are so special that they can't do this one second task, but we who choose to spend far longer going to the post office and can't get the 90 days as we supposed to.

I'm not sure where the problem is uptheos. It's been that way since forever that you get 90 days from the day it is processed whether by e-mail or walk in off the streets so nothing new. Of course if it is a bother, you can walk in to immigration on the due date and get the rolling 90 days. wink.png

Probably the 15 days mail in prior to due date is that is what Bangkok states. It also gives leeway to correct for a report no show if it doesn't get back to you in time. Considering the convenience of mail in I consider it a non issue.

I'm not sure where the problem is uptheos. It's been that way since forever that you get 90 days from the day it is processed whether by e-mail or walk in off the streets so nothing new. Of course if it is a bother, you can walk in to immigration on the due date and get the rolling 90 days. wink.png

Probably the 15 days mail in prior to due date is that is what Bangkok states. It also gives leeway to correct for a report no show if it doesn't get back to you in time. Considering the convenience of mail in I consider it a non issue.

It has certainly not been that way forever, unless you are stating categorically that mailed in reports have always had to be posted 15 days prior (official policy now).

If my 90 days is due on say the 30th, I now have to send it on the 15th, which is the 75th day.

With the efficiency of Thai Post and if you send it EMS or registered, immigration will get it the next day if I post it in the morning - that's a 75 day report not a 90 day report.

Some people have said they now get it back within three days total, they have no reason to lie.

Then the 90 day clock starts running again, but the procedure has to be repeated again in 75 days (official policy now) if you want to keep mailing it in.

So, please explain to me how anyone who (has to) mail their 90 day report in on the 75th day gets 90 days?

Yes it's convenient to mail it, I do it but it's not right to stipulate 15 days prior when EMS takes 1 day.

Yes I can take it in personally, get a visa agent, send the mother in law or hire someone off the street.

All these people will bring me back a 90 day report renewable in 90 days, ........unless of course I then choose to mail it in, in which case it's only a 75 day report. biggrin.png

PS. If Bangkok stipulates this please show it to me when you are free.

Obviously, if you mail in your post by EMS, normally it arrives at Immigration the following day and, presuming they process it that very day, then you effectively have to report about every 77-80 days or so. Recently, realizing that if I mailed in my 90-day deal 15 days ahead of the due date then I'd end up having to do it again a couple of days before a scheduled trip out of Thailand, I intentionally delayed mailing it until 5 days before the due date and it worked like a charm (my next 90-day period will start upon my return). The earliest I'll ever mail in the next one will be 7-8 days before the due date (although, as Nancy notes, it's really no big deal to have to report a bit more).

It has certainly not been that way forever, unless you are stating categorically that mailed in reports have always had to be posted 15 days prior (official policy now).

You misunderstood my statement. I was saying that the 90 day period starts when it is processed whether by walk in or mail in and has always been the case. That is if you walk into the office 15 days before then your 90 days start at that point in time as such you lose 15 days in a rolling period, same goes for the mail in.

As for the 15 days requirement. Direct from the Main immigration office below. However there is an item I just noticed that I put in italics and seems to contradict what CM immigration is doing regarding the effective roll over time. I know it has been for years in CM if I go in it has always been stamped 90 days from the date it was processed and see no reason mail-in would be any different. Would be interesting to know other areas of the country that do mail in if they are stamped 90 days at the time it is processed or 90 days from the last 90 day report stamp date.

Both the main immigration website and local immigration officials have stated 15 days before. Now what members do is entirely up to them and I am not going to find fault with them for doing so. Even myself, my only 2 mail in reports were sent in 14 days before and 13 days before respectively out of uncertainty. Whether I switch to 7 days or less instead, probably not as there have still been reports of members getting there return late or not at all and I would like some leeway to 'fix' it.

Guess that item in italics will keep this topic busy for a while speculating. biggrin.png

1. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Immigration Bureau

I usually check the number of days from reporting to the next report date when I go in person and it has always been 90 days from the processing date. Just realized though that the mail in I've been getting computerized printouts and wondered if they do use 90 days from the last report expiration as it would be automated. They don't, it is 90 days from the processing date for those also. Stamped Feb 11, due date May 11 and this was 12 days before the actual expiration.

If my 90 days is due on say the 30th, I now have to send it on the 15th, which is the 75th day.

With the efficiency of Thai Post and if you send it EMS or registered, immigration will get it the next day if I post it in the morning - that's a 75 day report not a 90 day report.

555 you know I never considered it but your right.

I had always assumed no matter how early I send it I would get a full 90 days added to the expiration date of the previous

expiration date. But no your right

I just checked my last 90 day was to expire on 3/11/15

I sent mine in the 15 days early this time as last time although it went fine waiting till a few

days before expiration.

This time I sent it the 15 days early & lost that time as my new one came back with a

5/24/15 stamp instead of the full 90 days which would have been 6/9/15

hahah I lost 15 days

Well as long as this easy mail in version works I guess I cannot complain

but thanks for bringing my attention to this...I never checked/knew

Can't understand all this crap about 15 days ahead. I send mine five days before due date and it's usually back in five days !

Like everything else to do with immigration nothing is consistent.

Just quoting immigration rules from Tywai's post and from NancyL's video presentation, where the officer recommended mail in and said it would help immigration. He said to send it in at least 15 days ahead. What he failed to mention on the video is that it will help them, but you'll get shafted by not receiving your full 90 days to which you're entitled.

I go to the PO frequently so I don't really care.

For others it's more of a deal.

Either way cutting down the amount of days you get for doing things correctly, is not right!

This topic is starting to go off the rails so just did some cleanup of redundancies, argumentative and off topic posts.

//addendum - the 75 days brought up by uptheos is valid and useful information for those concerned about the loss. The only way to get a full 90 days is to go in person on the exact day the previous 90 days expires or send it by mail 1-2 days prior to expiration which is chancy and may not be able to convince immigration you sent it in time considering their policy on 15 days before.

This topic is starting to go off the rails so just did some cleanup of redundancies, argumentative and off topic posts.

//addendum - the 75 days brought up by uptheos is valid and useful information for those concerned about the loss. The only way to get a full 90 days is to go in person on the exact day the previous 90 days expires or send it by mail 1-2 days prior to expiration which is chancy and may not be able to convince immigration you sent it in time considering their policy on 15 days before.

What serious difference does this really make ?! Really?

Archived