90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2015

Tywais

It was astoundingly busy this afternoon. Arrived at 4:10 and was given number 808 but since they were only processing 762 at the time I figured there was no way that I was going to be seen before closing so will have to have another go tomorrow. Four day week this week and shorter next means it's all being compressed.

Should have seen this coming and done it earlier sad.png

Or mailed it .Can't understand why people still persist in going in to the mad house expecting a clear run,its a lottery. It will be chaotic over the next few days judging from past long weekends.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also have a new system for processing each "customer' it seems to have cut the time by more than half, the staff did not have to copy the details on the slip, it poped out of a printer all filled in. thumbsup.gif

They also have a new system for processing each "customer' it seems to have cut the time by more than half, the staff did not have to copy the details on the slip, it poped out of a printer all filled in. thumbsup.gif

Right, I went yesterday and everything was adjusted in their 20 minutes.
Even more time to drink my coffee too hot. Outrageous !
Now snivel to finally get coffee or tea at the right temperature.coffee1.gif

I did it last week in person, which is kind of fun for me and my wife cause we go over to Centron Airport afterward, and that's always fun.

In at ten, out at 11:15.

Sometimes I run into friends there, sometimes make a new friend.

Regarding an online submittal:

90 day report due May 04. Submitted report online April 21, accepted. Several days later checked status using reference number received as the last step in the process, submittal in "Pending" status. It never came out of that state, and no update or information of any kind was ever received from Immigration. I went in person late in the week before the due date (a Monday). No problem in the CM Immigration office. Last checked May 04 just for grins and giggles, online submittal still sitting there "Pending." Still nothing received from Immigration. Conclusion: the system design is not robust, reliable or user friendly. It easily could be, but whether it ever becomes so remains to be seen.

Mail in is still working well for me as online failed for me, this my third time. EMS stamped at 1:30PM at the post office on the 27th, immigration processed my TM47 and stamp on receipt 15:55 on the 28th and in my mail box at home this morning the 30th. So pretty consistent with 3 day turn around.

Same for me...sticking with mail that is. I have not tried the on-line as the mail is quite simple & nearby for me anyway.

On the mail in the only thing I do different now is use registered rather than EMS

Not for price difference as it is not much either way but I did notice 1st time I used EMS & 2nd time tried registered.

Registered is much faster as it goes straight to Imm without going to Lamphun for what ever reason EMS does :)

90 day report due May 04. Submitted report online April 21, accepted. Several days later checked status using reference number received as the last step in the process, submittal in "Pending" status. It never came out of that state, and no update or information of any kind was ever received from Immigration. I went in person late in the week before the due date (a Monday). No problem in the CM Immigration office. Last checked May 04 just for grins and giggles, online submittal still sitting there "Pending." Still nothing received from Immigration. Conclusion: the system design is not robust, reliable or user friendly. It easily could be, but whether it ever becomes so remains to be seen.

I am in the same position, still in pending, will have to go next week.

What did they say at immigration about the online submission not working beyond pending.

What did they say at immigration about the online submission not working beyond pending.

When it only ever takes you 5 minutes in and out, what's the benefit of doing it online? biggrin.png

When it only ever takes you 5 minutes in and out, what's the benefit of doing it online? biggrin.png

You don't have to do it at the same location that you received your extension from.biggrin.png

What a stupid comment, I would have expected better from you.

When the online system finally works it will be one of the best immigration steps forward in years.

What a stupid comment, I would have expected better from you.

When the online system finally works it will be one of the best immigration steps forward in years.

Absolutely, I should have known better than to think I knew a poster well enough to joke with him.

Apologies for the comment and yes online reporting will be a great step forward for immigration.

Completed 90 day report yesterday (Monday) Chiang Mai immigration. Arrived at 2 PM........44 people ahead of me.....30 seconds to complete report when called up.......4PM departed. Standing room only inside and out.......smelled like a stinking locker room.

Went in today as i needed a re-entry permit as well as 90 day, which i normally now do by post hassle free. Today 90 day took me 35 minutes and re-entry permit took 55 minutes. Not too bad overall but the place is still a Cattle Station that stinks.

Went in yesterday (Tuesday) for a 90 day report. Arrived 1pm, current number 590, I was given 611. Out within 40 minutes whilst Mrs R attacked the shops at Central Airport Plaza. Painless experience.

Maybe next time I'll give the online system a shot...

Mail in is still working well for me as online failed for me, this my third time. EMS stamped at 1:30PM at the post office on the 27th, immigration processed my TM47 and stamp on receipt 15:55 on the 28th and in my mail box at home this morning the 30th. So pretty consistent with 3 day turn around.

Same for me...sticking with mail that is. I have not tried the on-line as the mail is quite simple & nearby for me anyway.

On the mail in the only thing I do different now is use registered rather than EMS

Not for price difference as it is not much either way but I did notice 1st time I used EMS & 2nd time tried registered.

Registered is much faster as it goes straight to Imm without going to Lamphun for what ever reason EMS does smile.png

My 90 day renewal came back today...Not bad considering the holiday yesterday & the weekend.

Dropped at post office on the 7th (Late afternoon last Thursday)

Was 34 baht to send it registered both ways.

Hard to beat I think & happy Immigration allows mail in. I imagine the on-line will all be sorted soon enough too.

Compared to a few years ago I have to say it is all improving

went today Thursday,do 90 day and re entry,no proplem 90 day, about 10minutes took one look at the utter chaos,milling around the counter,thought go another day for re entry permiti would love to no what the masses filling that office to the brim are after,it was nearly 3oclock when I left impossible they were all going to get served.

• 2 months later...

Went to Promenada today at 3:30 pm to do my 90 day report. Learned a few things...

There is an outside desk that says "retirement visa check documents"

well, since i was not doing retirement visa i walked past that desk and stood in line inside in front of the 90 day report desk.

Once i got to the desk, i was told that i need to go to document check and get a queue number

Went to document check desk outside and was told - no more queue for today. Come back tomorrow... this is now 3:40pm - REALLY?

so i went back to the inside desk, once again asked them to process, they told me no queue number, no process.

Then the lady kindly took my passport, checked my dates and said come back any time later this week... and smiled very nicely

and said: all full.

Went to Promenada today at 3:30 pm to do my 90 day report. Learned a few things...

well, since i was not doing retirement visa i walked past that desk and stood in line inside in front of the 90 day report desk.

Once i got to the desk, i was told that i need to go to document check and get a queue number

Went to document check desk outside and was told - no more queue for today. Come back tomorrow... this is now 3:40pm - REALLY?

so i went back to the inside desk, once again asked them to process, they told me no queue number, no process.

Then the lady kindly took my passport, checked my dates and said come back any time later this week... and smiled very nicely

LOL laugh.png Mail it next time thumbsup.gif

one other thing i forgot... one of the women working the "check documents" desk saw a falang, dressed in what might be called

a jogging outfit. Thin, bright colored, quite short shorts and a singlet type of shirt.

She politely told him that he needed to dress more appropriately and just short of asked him to leave.

So once again the Imm. cops failed to perform in a professional manner, why am I not surprised.

Seems to me that the staff were perfectly professional. I commend them for stopping a queue jumper and politely telling the offender to return on another day. It stands to reason that to expect to be dealt with 40 minutes prior to closing time is unrealistic. Clearly those already waiting patiently with queue numbers had followed the correct procedure. Well done Immigration for bringing discipline into their processes. It was sadly lacking in the old office.

...BS brommers, 40 minutes should be plenty of time to get a number to submit a pointless bit of beurocratic paperwork, the lack of competency is reflected in the procedure itself ....you are simply informing them of your current address.

went back today and took about 40 minutes to get queue number, wait and be processed.

My process did NOT include providing a house/condo lease or my drivers license...

there was not request for any proof of residence.

The last time I went for a 90 day report (a month ago, at the old office), the guy in front of me was asked for proof of residence. He was told that it is necessary for first time reporting at an office. His last report was at Jomtien where he has a condo and was living at the time. He also has a condo in Chiang Mai and was making his first report at Chiang Mai. He had a phone bill, an electricity bill, and an internet bill all in his name at his Chiang Mai address, but they were all refused. He was repeatedly asked for a lease agreement, and he repeatedly answered that he didn't have a lease, he was the owner.

A Thai lady explained in Thai, so there was no misunderstanding, and they even brought a higher-rank officer to explain that he needed to produce the lease agreement he didn't have. He offered to bring his condo ownership documents, but they wouldn't accept it.

By this time they had processed my 90 day report and I left.

Perhaps this explains why some people are being asked for proof of residence, and others are not.

I went to immigration this afternoon at 12.45. Waited for the desk outside to have my documents checked and have a queue number.This opened promptly at 13.00 and I was given a queue number.My documents were not checked and I was told to sit down outside with everyone else.No numbers were on display,you just had to listen carefully.So much for waiting in nice air-conditioning.Not too bad as today was cloudy and not too hot.They started calling the numbers and mine was 23 in front.It took one hour and fifteen minutes to be called inside.The process took about 4 minutes and I was on my way.Apart from plenty of car parking space and more room to sit,I cannot see much improvement at the Promenada.

I also pulled into the lot at 1:00 and grabbed a number and was back in my car by 2:00. In the old place they opened back up after lunch but didn't get going until 1:30 pretty much.

The atmosphere was much more amicable so much so that the officer who has grumpily served me before was joking and smiling and making the process not only painless but pleasurable.

I guess what they say about how working conditions effect the staff and in turn the service is true.

My only issue (can't post on TV w/o at least one bitch), one that has nothing to do with Immigration but the experience on the whole, is that someone blocked me in my parking spot and didn't leave their car in neutral. The parking lot guy didn't care as it seemed like he now has to deal with more cars and acted like the whole thing was just a nuisance.

Nice to sit openly and have a place for lunch or a bit of shopping to male the day complete. :)

Archived