90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2015

Tywais

Need to have it returned by registered post.

Not a requirement to SAE registered, mine have always used EMS going and 3 baht return. Sent afternoon one day and arrived at immigration the next day even with the Lamphun side trip. Stamped that afternoon and immigration posts it the next day and arrived a day after that. So 3-4 days maximum turnaround consistently on all my 90 day mail ins so far.

Not a requirement, but recommended. Sent stuff with 3 baht stamp before & never heard of again.

After 12 years pissin' and moaning about the lousy Thai Post service I decided to try mailing in my 90 day report this past Friday at 12 noon, HangDong Post Office.

I followed TYWAIS directions to a 'T' and chose to send and receive by EMS. Cost 74 Baht round trip or the cost of one 'tall boy' beer.

The friendly Post counterman provided a receipt with the # EN494789682TH for the going and EN494789679TH for the return trip to my home. At http://www.thailandpost.com/home.php........English.........Track and Trace....I followed the travel of my 90 day report.

It arrived at Imm Monday AM (closed Sat & Sun) and started the return trip Tues the 28th......arriving at my home 29th @ 3 PM by letter carrier. I had to sign for the letter.

I copied and pasted all Track & Trace activity to an email to myself and with the receipt had constructive evidence in the event of "lost in the mail".

An interesting fact from the Post counterman.....ALL MAIL FROM THIS AREA GOES TO LAMPHUN FOR SORTING AND RETURNED FOR DELIVERY....

As the result of this 'over the top' expenditure I am going to have one less beer this quarter........

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added to the 90 day reporting pinned topic the option to use Registered or EMS for the return envelope to make it clear the standard 3 baht posting is not the only option. My EMS tracking showed it always went through Lamphun plus there was a signature of the recipient which I print out, along with the EMS tracking info, just in case of issues with getting the receipt back.

//edit - For those who may not know the difference between Registered and EMS. Registered is only start/end information, that is the pickup data and the delivery status, no full tracking. EMS has point by point status showing all stops on the way.

I know for sure everything EMS goes thru Lamphun both going & coming because I buy/sell a few things within Thailand via some groups I am on.

For registered I would be surprised if it went thru Lamphun...I only say that because I have had some registered tracking (not this example) within Chiangmai that I do not think

given the times it could have gone out there...But in any case.......This is what registered tracking shows info wise for my most recent completion

I use EMS for goods of value but registered for mail or things like this 90 day report. Price is not a big difference but half of EMS for letters.

But again 36 baht/ 74 baht...neither is a deal breaker when considering how easy this makes our 90 day reports. Leaving just one day per year to have to

actually go to Immigration. Glad we are allowed to mail in ;) ....Actually if more would use it I guess crowds would be reduced at Imm too?

post-82547-0-50977300-1438240558_thumb.j

As per my post 141 sent EMS, received back EMS (within 2 working days). Does it really going to Lamphun because that is a very quick turn around.

Forgot to mention that it was mailed to the old address.

For the extra few baht EMS makes sense to me but each to his own

EMS x 2 next time, or online,assuming I get the confirmation back sometime soon.

Otherwise looks like I will be jumping through hoops at Promenada to sort it out next week.

Received today. Sent from the airport post office on 27th so I guess the long weekend was the delay. Will definitely go EMS both ways next time unless the online reporting finally allows my submission.

Received today. Sent from the airport post office on 27th so I guess the long weekend was the delay. Will definitely go EMS both ways next time unless the online reporting finally allows my submission.

Mine was returned yesterday

registered both ways....

to them........

post-82547-0-50977300-1438240558.jpg

And back to me yesterday

post-82547-0-77959600-1438496172_thumb.j

Mail seems a very easy option for 90 day reports & has worked great the last 3-4 times no problems

• 1 month later...

I added to the 90 day reporting pinned topic the option to use Registered or EMS for the return envelope to make it clear the standard 3 baht posting is not the only option. My EMS tracking showed it always went through Lamphun plus there was a signature of the recipient which I print out, along with the EMS tracking info, just in case of issues with getting the receipt back.

//edit - For those who may not know the difference between Registered and EMS. Registered is only start/end information, that is the pickup data and the delivery status, no full tracking. EMS has point by point status showing all stops on the way.

Slightly off topic but related: Regarding Registered Mail. Within Thailand Registered Mail may not always be trackable though the Thai Post Office's Track and Trace; however, if sent to the US, once it crosses into the US, the Registered Mail does show up using USPS Tracking. I get a yearly Address Confirmation from Social Security that I send back via Registered Mail. I can track it once it's in the United States via the US Post Office. Definitely cheaper then EMS, and my sister-in-law works for the USPS and says that Registered Mail is more secure. Can't beat that.

I just sent mine off using registered mail to CM immigration. This will be the test... I did NOT do registered back to me... haven't the last 3 times and it's found it's way.
I am not optimistic this time... not sure why...

Mine was returned yesterday

registered both ways....

to them........

post-82547-0-50977300-1438240558.jpg

And back to me yesterday

attachicon.gif90 returned.jpg

Mail seems a very easy option for 90 day reports & has worked great the last 3-4 times no problems

Was this EMS or Registered Post as you state?

Edit: sorry, I missed your earlier post. I gather that you used registered both ways...

My 90 days report was due Sun 27/9.

Last Sunday early morning around 03h00 I just "played" with the online feature. Prepared my paper work already and planed to mail it in next week.

To my suprise the online reporting worked out smooth as silk. I used Firefox and IE Tab V2. Monday afternoon I wanted to check if my report is "in process". No. Already APPROVED. That was quick.

Well, I lost almost two weeks, but what the heck when I can do it online.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my 90 day report receipt today, below is timeline. Sent EMS, return envelope with 3 Baht stamp. 4th successful one now - all others have been 4 days turn around, this one was 5 days.

Dropped off 15:27 Sept. 28 Monday
Received Morning Sept 29 Tuesday
Approved 14:33 Sept 29 Tuesday
Received receipt in mailbox morning Oct 3 Saturday

BTW, look what was on the backside of the receipt. I removed the personal info. Wonder how many people have copies of my passport. biggrin.png

post-566-0-54989300-1443857827_thumb.jpg

Received my 90 day report receipt today, below is timeline. Sent EMS, return envelope with 3 Baht stamp. 4th successful one now - all others have been 4 days turn around, this one was 5 days.

BTW, look what was on the backside of the receipt. I removed the personal info. Wonder how many people have copies of my passport. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifReceipt Back Side.jpg

Hi

I know you received your receipt OK, but are you sure the self addressed envelope only requires a 3 baht stamp? When I posted mine I was told in the post office that it requires a 5 baht stamp. My GF always sends her inland letters using a 5 baht stamp.

Hi

I know you received your receipt OK, but are you sure the self addressed envelope only requires a 3 baht stamp? When I posted mine I was told in the post office that it requires a 5 baht stamp. My GF always sends her inland letters using a 5 baht stamp.

This is the 4th I've done using 3 baht. It will depend on the weight of the letter. Up to and including 20 grams it is 3 Baht. At 21 grams it goes up to 5 Baht. The receipt + envelope is certainly less than 21 grams.

You can check rates at Thailand Post rates page. I checked that before using 3 Baht to be sure. Actually the 1st one I did I put 2 x 3 baht stamps on (6 Baht) due to some members mentioning 5 baht. That proved to be incorrect after looking it up.

post-566-0-03242500-1443910536_thumb.jpg

Hi

This is the 4th I've done using 3 baht. It will depend on the weight of the letter. Up to and including 20 grams it is 3 Baht. At 21 grams it goes up to 5 Baht. The receipt + envelope is certainly less than 21 grams.

You can check rates at Thailand Post rates page. I checked that before using 3 Baht to be sure. Actually the 1st one I did I put 2 x 3 baht stamps on (6 Baht) due to some members mentioning 5 baht. That proved to be incorrect after looking it up.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my 90 days back in the mail today and here is the following results.

I did my last 90 days by mail and well its a disaster. The sheet they returned in the mail was not off of the bottom of the T47 that I mailed in. Yes I mailed in the correct form. They sent me a me a multi entry visa with a length of stay till September 7th 2015 which is passed. Date of issue is October 7th 2014 which was last year. I do not want to make the masochist trip to Promenada in person any ideas would be helpful and I would be grateful. Can I straighten this out in the mail?

My apologies. I am the victim of the old recycled paper trick. Last time they simply tore off the bottom of the T47 and stamped it and gave it back to me. This time they used recycled paper. When they folded it they even folded the recycled side to open up to be read first.

My apologies. I am the victim of the old recycled paper trick. Last time they simply tore off the bottom of the T47 and stamped it and gave it back to me. This time they used recycled paper. When they folded it they even folded the recycled side to open up to be read first.

Yep, see my post with someone's full page passport on the back - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/788341-90-day-reporting-comments-and-experiences-2015/page-8?p=9923459#entry9923459

Did the 90 day online today.

New passport on which i re-entered the country in May , did a 90 day by mail first and now the 90 day online.

First received pending status and within 3 hours approved.

Thanks for reminding us who arrived pre 2013 what lousy service we are getting. They never thought this out before they started it and now it is a fiasco. Ditto for the online queue system which worked for us but now is ancient history. Conspiracy theory??

Did the 90 day online today.

New passport on which i re-entered the country in May , did a 90 day by mail first and now the 90 day online.

First received pending status and within 3 hours approved.

Thanks for reminding us who arrived pre 2013 what lousy service we are getting. They never thought this out before they started it and now it is a fiasco. Ditto for the online queue system which worked for us but now is ancient history. Conspiracy theory??

A short trip to the post office was not a big problem for me also.

i agree about the online queue system , hopefully that will be restored next year January when i need it.

Otherwise it will be one of those day's of my life i will never get back.

Same thing happened to me threw me for a loop at first. Could not figure out why they did not just tear the bottom off of the T47 fill it out and mail it back to me.

Need to have it returned by registered post.

Not a requirement to SAE registered, mine have always used EMS going and 3 baht return. Sent afternoon one day and arrived at immigration the next day even with the Lamphun side trip. Stamped that afternoon and immigration posts it the next day and arrived a day after that. So 3-4 days maximum turnaround consistently on all my 90 day mail ins so far.

Me thinks you make too much of a simple chore. Relax, enjoy life.

Not a requirement, but recommended. Sent stuff with 3 baht stamp before & never heard of again.

After 12 years pissin' and moaning about the lousy Thai Post service I decided to try mailing in my 90 day report this past Friday at 12 noon, HangDong Post Office.

I followed TYWAIS directions to a 'T' and chose to send and receive by EMS. Cost 74 Baht round trip or the cost of one 'tall boy' beer.

The friendly Post counterman provided a receipt with the # EN494789682TH for the going and EN494789679TH for the return trip to my home. At http://www.thailandpost.com/home.php........English.........Track and Trace....I followed the travel of my 90 day report.

It arrived at Imm Monday AM (closed Sat & Sun) and started the return trip Tues the 28th......arriving at my home 29th @ 3 PM by letter carrier. I had to sign for the letter.

I copied and pasted all Track & Trace activity to an email to myself and with the receipt had constructive evidence in the event of "lost in the mail".

An interesting fact from the Post counterman.....ALL MAIL FROM THIS AREA GOES TO LAMPHUN FOR SORTING AND RETURNED FOR DELIVERY....

As the result of this 'over the top' expenditure I am going to have one less beer this quarter........

Just got the 90 days slip back per mail. 3 Baht, not registered on the return. 4 days turn-around. This time a bank statement on the back smile.png. Thais are masters in recycling!

So contrary to previous posts, mailing works still fine to the old immigration office and after trying to go there in person, remains the only viable option.

• 2 weeks later...

...... I just returned from the prom to do my 90day... oh my. Based on recent posts, and my last visit. I took a free shuttle from town arriving just after noon, did my photo copies played with the brown poodle in the copy shop and then waited to get my number at the outside desk. At 13:00 the girls came out and put up a sign saying 90 day que closed for today.

I asked her why she did not leave the sign up during lunch? blank look... now normally in these situations i am gentle, know she probably didn't get enough iodine in her diet as a child.. but today, I insulted her and made her agree in the future she would not let it happen again.

she said return tomorrow at 7am. .... ah no.

So I went into the office and explained that it was not possible to return tomorrow at that time and since I was there during normal hours and many hours before closing they should give me paper saying I would not need to pay the late reporting fee (farang logic) I was there during proper time , had all papers etc., the problem was with them, not me. He said go to the 90 day desk and she will take care of you...ok cool go to the desk and the pumpui lady would not budge, come back tomorrow, ah no, not possible.. but if you promise no late fee in writing, I will leave...haha.. I finally told her that in the time she took to talk to me she could have done her job and accepted my paper. This did not please her and she waved me away.

I returned to the info. desk and explained that I had already been waiting an hour and was in full compliance... I think he realized i was not leaving so he said talk to the"big boss".

I stood in front of big boss lady desk and was told to sit down by her hot assitant... She listened to my story and smiled, took my papers stamp, stamp rip, staple. And with a big smile she said you are special, but this is only one time, do not do it again.... I told her she was special too. big smile from her.

So bottom line do it online or mail it in. That will be my last visit for 90s... another reason I did not mail this time was I wanted interview the visa agent located there for my annual extension....(as well as hit Rimping). he did not impress me, i will check out Assist.

Interesting report -- the queue for 90 day reports was closed by lunchtime. Yes, I agree it was most rude of them not to post a sign to that effect before everyone split for lunch.

Incidentally, did you know there is a "grace period" of 7 days late without a fine for filing 90 day reports in person? No such grace period if filing the report by mail. Must mail the report well in advance of the due date, so they can process it before the due date.

First time mail in report for me on an O-A multi. Mailed last Monday and EMS'd the return. Not being home on the Friday when the return mail arrived, a pick up slip was left to retrieve at the main post office. Not a major hassle to go pick up, but the moral, do not EMS the return unless you are sure someone is home on day to day basis. Easy, cheap and keeps you away from the CMI office. I will never enter their premises again as I plan to do bi-annual trips home from now on.

...... I just returned from the prom to do my 90day... oh my. Based on recent posts, and my last visit. I took a free shuttle from town arriving just after noon, did my photo copies played with the brown poodle in the copy shop and then waited to get my number at the outside desk. At 13:00 the girls came out and put up a sign saying 90 day que closed for today.

I asked her why she did not leave the sign up during lunch? blank look... now normally in these situations i am gentle, know she probably didn't get enough iodine in her diet as a child.. but today, I insulted her and made her agree in the future she would not let it happen again.

So I went into the office and explained that it was not possible to return tomorrow at that time and since I was there during normal hours and many hours before closing they should give me paper saying I would not need to pay the late reporting fee (farang logic) I was there during proper time , had all papers etc., the problem was with them, not me. He said go to the 90 day desk and she will take care of you...ok cool go to the desk and the pumpui lady would not budge, come back tomorrow, ah no, not possible.. but if you promise no late fee in writing, I will leave...haha.. I finally told her that in the time she took to talk to me she could have done her job and accepted my paper. This did not please her and she waved me away.

I returned to the info. desk and explained that I had already been waiting an hour and was in full compliance... I think he realized i was not leaving so he said talk to the"big boss".

I stood in front of big boss lady desk and was told to sit down by her hot assitant... She listened to my story and smiled, took my papers stamp, stamp rip, staple. And with a big smile she said you are special, but this is only one time, do not do it again.... I told her she was special too. big smile from her.

So bottom line do it online or mail it in. That will be my last visit for 90s... another reason I did not mail this time was I wanted interview the visa agent located there for my annual extension....(as well as hit Rimping). he did not impress me, i will check out Assist.

Yes and it only gets worse. Thailand is not a IT country. They cannot even set up a online queue system or a online reporting system that works what an embarrassment.

Yes and it only gets worse. Thailand is not a IT country. They cannot even set up a online queue system or a online reporting system that works what an embarrassment.

It's a freaking joke that you can turn up at an immigration office to do what you have to do (by law) & they say no, cannot today! And not because of too many people queueing to do the same thing. Well done, daoyai, for standing up to them. Freaking shame on you, CM immigration. National disgrace post-4641-1156693976.gif

Archived