Honda C70 Cub

tigerbeer

been looking around for one of these Honda C70 motorbikes. Seems like the prices here have sky rocketed to unrealistic amounts here in the Chiang Mai city area. just wondering if anyone of you has noticed one for sale near your areas or if you have one for sale? it should have a "tabian" that can be registered though with the previous owners copy of ID card and "Tabian Baan". any help appreciated. thank u!

I love those old Honda C70s. Saw one on sale yesterday on the roadside heading north to MaeRim (107)...from the Superslow Highway, take a left onto 107, shortly after the first light, pull over near the park entrance. Directly across the road is the Toyota dealership.

Stopped and took a few pics yesterday. Unfortunately, no one around to ask about price and condition. Just a sign with two phone numbers (called, unable to connect). I would proceed with caution as far as buying but worth stopping to take a look if you like old motorbikes.

Two weeks ago, saw a faded pink C70 for sale at the same location.

_ihop

post-30832-1155867105_thumb.jpg

I love those old Honda C70s. Saw one on sale yesterday on the roadside heading north to MaeRim (107)...from the Superslow Highway, take a left onto 107, shortly after the first light, pull over near the park entrance. Directly across the road is the Toyota dealership.

Stopped and took a few pics yesterday. Unfortunately, no one around to ask about price and condition. Just a sign with two phone numbers (called, unable to connect). I would proceed with caution as far as buying but worth stopping to take a look if you like old motorbikes.

Two weeks ago, saw a faded pink C70 for sale at the same location.

_ihop

thanks ihop. looks like a nice one. saw a few around town actually but people are charging a premium for it. THB18,000 was one that i was quoted with. Its a "hit" as the thais say it at the moment. maybe let them cool down a bit on their "hit". too many of them around for it to be priced that high.

cool down period and make sure they have full registration documents to go with it. otherwise not worth a single baht!

edit: just called the number on the picture. no paperwork with it and being sold at THB9,000. Would have grabbed it if there was registration papers.

Edited by tigerbeer