French man found dead in Koh Tao – incident being treated as suicide not homicide

webfact

In Merchant Marine school they teach to tie all knots behind your back. I just tied both arms behind my back moments ago. Not that hard.

How does one tie string around their hands behind their back?

The question is why he should have done that ??

I don't believe to this bull...t.

This is the same story again.

• Like 1

If CSI TV says it is murder, who are the RTP to say it's suicide.

Can you show me a quote of where CSI has said this is a case of murder?

So far in this thread only I can see at least 20 posts that question that the victim would have been able to tie his hands behind his back, then put his head through the noose and jump.

So they clearly dispute it is a suicide.

If it isn't possible that the victim committed suicide according to those members, then what you think they are suggesting, if not murder?

Edited by Anthony5

You tie your hands round your front and then step through them - after 12 hours of drinking it's simple.

How did he get the rope around his neck with his hands tied behind his back? Give that a try and get back to me.

Put the rope around your neck first, tied you hand in front of you then step through them...and jump!

Oudini did that every days whistling.gifPffff

but if he did leave a suicide note why go through the trouble of getting his hands tied behind his back standing on a stool with a rope around his neck?

• Like 1

In Merchant Marine school they teach to tie all knots behind your back. I just tied both arms behind my back moments ago. Not that hard.

And you managed to type on the PC as well. WOW lets all swan off to merchant marine school. Jim you must be a lonely man up there.

If this unfortunate incident occurred in a "vacuum" one would still need to consider the high possibility of it being a homicide given the unusual circumstances. HOWEVER, this incident did not occur in a vacuum. There have been numerous mysterious deaths of foreigners all over Thailand, many which have been casually explained as suicide. Therefore, there is a need to bring cutting edge state of the art investigations into this incident as well as all the "cold cases." This is unlikely to happen under the current "business as usual" standard operating procedures.

If CSI TV says it is murder, who are the RTP to say it's suicide.

That's right, CSI TV are never wrong and will wrap this case up quick smart. They will probably announce a long list of suspects in the coming hours. thumbsup.gif

When the Thai police make themselves open to ridicule like this, why don't they make some kind of a public statement to explain why they came up with their conclusion and remove the speculation ?.

On the face of it, managing to tie your hands behind your back (virtually impossible anyway I think) then climbing up, putting your head through a noose and hanging yourself seems a bit far fetched, especially after 12 hours drinking. Why would anyone tie their hands anyway ?.

Until we get some proper answers, my thoughts are that either we are getting some extremely poor reporting here or the police are covering up yet another murder. Past experience points to the latter.

• Like 2

I'm open minded and I consider both possibilities valid. It could have been a homicide like a suicide as well.

What I can say is that I couldn't tell without doubts it was one or another, and a real full investigation is owed.

I wouldn't link this with the infamous September murders, but sure also this case has some shadows.

• Like 1

Apparently, the "suicide" note was written in ancient San skirt and a forensic Thai monk was called in to translate the note via chanting and going through Frenchy's pockets.

Sure enough, the monk confirmed suicide and 320 baht in small change. Conclusion: Angry Ghost. Case spiritually CLOSED.

• Like 1

You tie your hands round your front and then step through them - after 12 hours of drinking it's simple.

BUT after he has done what you say and his hands are behind his neck how does he put the rope around his neck?

So how did he tie his hands behind his own back, put the noose around his neck and jump of the balcony after a heavy drinking session?

Also, why would he tie his hands together anyway?

Cant really blame the social media network for lighting up over this one can you. Guess we will never know,,

RIP poor fella.

• Like 1